Quantcast
New handgun legislation introduced May 2022 - Page 7 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: New handgun legislation introduced May 2022

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

You can try to call the CFO if you are concerned.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    This and that.

I am guessing the waiting times on those phone lines aren't any different. I am just going to keep waiting patiently. My Cabela's order now shows the mandatory lock they make you buy along with a handgun is backordered. So that one is also just sitting there.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Quote Originally Posted by Ca_Silvia13 View Post
    People who provide commentary on the firearm situation in our country need to leave all references to the US model out of the argument. The firearm situation in Canada and the US is drastically different. Now in my opinion the laws surrounding handguns in Canada are insanely strict and people who say we need tougher laws on restricted firearms don't realize what the standard is currently.

And to your points about firearm testing, have you completed the course yourself?
    I've done both courses.

My instructor was pretty good and explained things quite well, including explain the myth vs reality of some of the perceptions of the laws around gun ownership. My only criticism about him, and it's not uncommon throughout the gun community, is that they seem to subscribe to this philosophy that the more gun owners there are, the more sway they have politically. The logic is sound in that respect, but I think that is what leads to the astronomical pass rate in the PAL/RPAL class.

My criticisms remain the same. The reason I think real shooting time is necessary in a course is because there's already a chapter spent on shooting positions, including breathing, dominant eye and all that stuff. It would make sense to make shooting an actual part of the course. It stands to reason that if most people are going to handle a gun, they're also likely to shoot it too. On the road, we not only expect the student to know the rules of the road (the book learning), but to also drive on real roads with real traffic (the practical learning) before we give them a license. We used to require them to drive with a supervisor for 2 years (I don't know what the GDL rules are these days) before we even did the road test.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I guess it depends on what problem you are trying to solve. Gun owners being knowledgeable is generally good, but unlikely to have an effect on deliberate shootings, which I think have been the political impetus for the reviewed gun control discussion.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I guess it depends on what problem you are trying to solve. Gun owners being knowledgeable is generally good, but unlikely to have an effect on deliberate shootings, which I think have been the political impetus for the reviewed gun control discussion.
    Correct. People need to be very clear about what problem they are trying to solve.

Otherwise you end up with typical feel good Liberal policies that do nothing to accomplish their stated goals.

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Keeping guns out of the hands of people like the crazies that committed deliberate shootings like Uvalde, Buffalo, Tulsa and Irvine (just to name the recent ones) should be something that ALL gun owners should be getting behind, and the reason those crazies were able to get their hands on guns is because they are pretty easily accessible because a) they're so prevalent, and b) there isn't a whole lot of accountability or oversight. Banks and bank employees have to go through a know-your-customer process in order to identify potential money laundering issues or accessibility issues (like a customer suddenly withdrawing a huge amount of cash). I think a random 18-year-old kid coming into a store to buy a semi-auto rifle with multiple mags and lots of ammo, like in Uvalde, should raise a flag for gun store employees

On the topic of PM Trudeau's proposed handgun ban, like I said, it tries to solve a problem that I don't think really exists in Canada. And I know I say this at a time when Calgary seems to be going through a gang issue that has resulted in one dead bystander and numerous other dead bodies. While I can appreciate his point of "one dead person from a handgun is one too many", I think it's an unrealistic position.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Quote Originally Posted by sexualbanana View Post
    Keeping guns out of the hands of people like the crazies that committed deliberate shootings like Uvalde, Buffalo, Tulsa and Irvine (just to name the recent ones) should be something that ALL gun owners should be getting behind, and the reason those crazies were able to get their hands on blah fucking blah I think people committing crimes use legally acquired weapons blah blah blah I'm an idiot .
    Holy fuck you are retarded
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    If I had known you guys would end up being such bitches, I would’ve opened the parenting forum.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

I'll buy anything unpapered!
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Can we get a peer study going on gun violence? Seemed to be all the rage during Covid. Trust the science!

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Liberals only accept spurious correlations when it comes to gun violence

fact.

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    I'll buy anything unpapered!
    Sell ya this bad boy for 2000 bucks, no license required

Name:  20220609_185208.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  90.5 KB

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Pesos maybe haha
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

I gotta say, very satisfying to plink cans with when camping and shittered. Although even BB guns are being targeted by the no fun allowed government.

Fun conversation with a good friend of mine and CPS member.
    The issue they are having currently in the city isn't registered gun owners (as we know), but the gangs are 3D printing automatic "Glocks".

Buying barrels and slides (unregulated) and assembling the 3D printed lower.

Apparently the city is full of automatic "Glocks"

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

We need common sense 3d printer control

Gun bans will be even more utterly useless once 3d printing becomes remotely common. BAN 3D PRINTERS
    If I had known you guys would end up being such bitches, I would’ve opened the parenting forum.

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    The issue they are having currently in the city isn't registered gun owners (as we know), but the gangs are 3D printing automatic "Glocks".

Funny you say that, my best friend is a major gun enthusiast and he was just trying his hand at this for shits and giggles once he was finished seeding. He said that this hand gun ban does absolutely nothing to stop literally anyone from doing it and was actually surprised at how easy it was with readily available files. He's apparently adding it into rotation for his competition guns for their small town range. I guess that just goes to show how useless any liberal policy is, if a redneck farmer can 3D print the regulated part of a handgun then anyone can.
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride
    '73 Buick, '03 Ruckus, '18 Tundra

Quote Originally Posted by sexualbanana View Post
    I've done both courses.

My instructor was pretty good and explained things quite well, including explain the myth vs reality of some of the perceptions of the laws around gun ownership. My only criticism about him, and it's not uncommon throughout the gun community, is that they seem to subscribe to this philosophy that the more gun owners there are, the more sway they have politically. The logic is sound in that respect, but I think that is what leads to the astronomical pass rate in the PAL/RPAL class.

My criticisms remain the same. The reason I think real shooting time is necessary in a course is because there's already a chapter spent on shooting positions, including breathing, dominant eye and all that stuff. It would make sense to make shooting an actual part of the course. It stands to reason that if most people are going to handle a gun, they're also likely to shoot it too. On the road, we not only expect the student to know the rules of the road (the book learning), but to also drive on real roads with real traffic (the practical learning) before we give them a license. We used to require them to drive with a supervisor for 2 years (I don't know what the GDL rules are these days) before we even did the road test.
    Whether you are 12 or 82 that course and final test is the same. I had a 10 year old in my NR class. I don't think that 10 y/o wants to learn to shoot a 308 in order to get a license. That thing would scare the shit of most people. And I honestly believe the shooting competency of most firearms owners is not necessary a requirement for a license either. To go back to you driving example, there are tons of legal drivers on the road that are just terrible. So in short I believe that the testing requirements are adaquate in Canada and our processes are head and shoulders above the US requirements.
    Last edited by Ca_Silvia13; 06-10-2022 at 08:36 AM.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

And, again, shooting competency tests do nothing to fix the problem that people claim to want to solve.

Competency testing is adding bureaucracy for the sake of bureaucracy. The definition of government incompetence.

fact.

My Ride
    11sec S14, Lux Family Bus, VQ35HR

Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post

Should they make the barrels and slides regulated also then? (I believe they do this for uppers and lowers of prohibited weapons)

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 LastLast