Quantcast
Insurance Broker? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Insurance Broker?

Ours went down leaving intact for cooperators but to be honest, i'd rather pay a bit more for customer service vs what you get from rsa/intact. Jus worked out in my case that cooperators was cheaper and I receive wayyyy better service.

Touchstone for the most part were good to deal with and treated me quite well. The only issue I had with them, and this wasn't their fault was that RSA/Intact was a terrible experience, period.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Arash reminds me of Mar but I can't tell which one is more stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Yeah well I wonder how they get the soft flowing caramel inside the Caramilk bar but you don't see me making a god damn thread about it. Slap your wife Baygirl, straighten him out.

My Ride
    NC1

Beyonder guessboi aka ray from 1-up has been very helpful if you guys wanna google email him for auto insurance broker

I found TD auto to be really good too everything online ez pz
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

I was with 1up for years, found he was great for basics. I am going to try him for a quote again as I'll be back on two cars with liability.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    If I had known you guys would end up being such bitches, I would’ve opened the parenting forum.

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

I'm with Touchstone myself as well, and I don't really have any complaints myself, but I have been dealing with Mammoth Insurance for my course of construction insurance got my new house that Touchstone was not successful in finding an underwriter for, and Mammoth did, but not really sure how they are for anything else. The guy I am dealing with at Mammoth (James Clark) has been super helpful and quick, but not sure if he does anything but the commercial side of things, as his title is a Commercial Account Executive. I got this recommendation from another guy I met who is building his own house and also had issues with getting course of construction insurance, and very happy with their service.

Please update us on what you find. I do get a feeling that RSA/Intact are the only things really offered by Touchstone, and I have had to make a few claims over the years without issues (once with Intact and twice with RSA, but I think they were already owned by Intact at that point). Once was a car accident (not my fault) and they fixed things up nicely, and the two were for both my parents and I for the hail storm last year.

Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    My Ride
    Rage2

Quote Originally Posted by eblend View Post
    I'm with Touchstone myself as well, and I don't really have any complaints myself, but I have been dealing with Mammoth Insurance for my course of construction insurance got my new house that Touchstone was not successful in finding an underwriter for, and Mammoth did, but not really sure how they are for anything else. The guy I am dealing with at Mammoth (James Clark) has been super helpful and quick, but not sure if he does anything but the commercial side of things, as his title is a Commercial Account Executive. I got this recommendation from another guy I met who is building his own house and also had issues with getting course of construction insurance, and very happy with their service.

Please update us on what you find. I do get a feeling that RSA/Intact are the only things really offered by Touchstone, and I have had to make a few claims over the years without issues (once with Intact and twice with RSA, but I think they were already owned by Intact at that point). Once was a car accident (not my fault) and they fixed things up nicely, and the two were for both my parents and I for the hail storm last year.
    Yeah i talked to my broker at touchstone today and he said the only other option he has is pembridge who has overland, but it's only 30k, and it also limits sewer backup to 30k, where intact is policy limit for sewer

So i am going to be shopping around myself looking for the coverage.

The fact that they wont let me have it (at any price), tells me they know i will need it, i hate insurance companies, they'll all slimeballs.
    User title molested by Rage2.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    No logic, thought, input, etc from cult member...

Got our August renewal papers. Insurance went down surprisingly. I don't think I have to worry about overland flooding, but I will need to add the basement soon since it's complete minus the bathroom...

Have combine Home + Auto through Intact through a broker (had Wawa previously but premiums on the new F150 were ridiculous through them).
    Originally posted by killramos
    It's a Chrysler, it won't last long enough to depreciate.

My Ride
    Toyota Christopher Lambert

Switched to a broker out of Red Deer as we'll be closer to that area at the new place and as Intact was quoting almost ~$900 a month for home and auto for the new property.

Oddly enough the new brokerage I used is called Beyond Insurance but super good customer service and were able to get us much much much better rates.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Sounds sketchy af
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    Sounds sketchy af
    Do you reckon it's run by them Asians?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I heard they only insure cars with 700+ HP. And red interiors.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    I heard they only insure cars with 700+ HP. And red interiors.
    Plates must have 8's.

My Ride
    '13 MazdaSpeed 3, Zoom Zoom!

I'm moving to a new house, and my insurance company that I've been a customer of for 10 years won't insure our new house, because the roof is older than 25 years.

Now shopping for a new insurance company.
    My Karma ran over your Dogma

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Most companies won't cover the full repair cost, there are some like Pembridge but most have a depreciation factor starting after so many years (10, 15, whatever). At that age it'll be maybe 20-30% covered for the repair cost. So depending on your deductible, might not even be with going through insurance at that point.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride

I'm not even concerned with making a claim, I just want coverage to be able have insurance to get a mortgage.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by cidley69 View Post
    I'm not even concerned with making a claim, I just want coverage to be able have insurance to get a mortgage.
    Sounds to me like you made a typo and the roof is actually 2.5 years old.
    Problem solved.

My Ride
    Toyota Christopher Lambert

25 year old shingles or metal roof? If shingles you might need to see if your broker can find someone who will bring you on with the agreement of replacing the shingles in a certain time frame after you take possession. Some companies are stricter towards certain aspects, poly-b as most people have experienced some we straight up won't cover, some don't care or some will require you to change it over to pex.

Intact would cover the full cost of a roof claim of the shingles were 5 years old or less, then from there you'd be responsible for 5-10% for every year after that and the deductible as well of course. I Forget the percentage breakdown.

My Ride
    Faux X 4 Mall Crawler

Bumping this up, with TD currently as touchstone couldn’t beat their price for home plus 2 cars, but sounds like avoiding intact is the smart move. Open to hearing preferences or experiences people are having before my renewal date comes up.
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride

Has anyone been able to get there insurance company to offer discount for installing, or provide any funding for the installation of a class 4 hail resistant shingle vs standard shingle?

Quote Originally Posted by finboy View Post
    Bumping this up, with TD currently as touchstone couldn’t beat their price for home plus 2 cars, but sounds like avoiding intact is the smart move. Open to hearing preferences or experiences people are having before my renewal date comes up.
    RSA is even worse than Intact but Intact bought them so just two different piles of shit into one now. RSA and Intact were both a nightmare for me to deal with for a hail damage claims on my cars and was at the point where I did all the work, sent it back to Intact/RSA and then had to reach out to Touchstone for escalation. RSA and Intact support via tele was a nightmare and took forever too and with all the different staff, every call I had to restart my claim essentially. If you're lucky and you get someone competent the first time after a 60+ minute hold, then you're good; if not.....have fun. And they also have a tendency to hang-up "accidently" so you have to start the call and be on hold from scratch.

I went over to Cooperators - first for my house years ago and they've been amazing then at the start of this year for my cars.

My fav thing is the ability to talk to my agent directly - same person every time that is locally based here in Calgary and have him/her add insurance on a vehicle even if it's for 3 days then remove it which is what I did when selling my sons car. Just had to get it ready for sale and didn't need to have a months worth of insurance.

Anyway, Cooperators for me has been super easy to deal with and the pricing has been very competitive. Realistically though, I'd pay extra for the consistent customer service dealing with the same people and not some overseas call center or some chumps working for $15/hr in TO that do not give a fuck. Even for the hail claim on my house, it was super easy dealing with their adjusters with no bullshit, no language issues, no 60+ minute wait. Quick, direct, to the point without any bullshit. No excessive forms to fill out if you want a payout to take to your own person to repair; simple here's your cheque.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    Arash reminds me of Mar but I can't tell which one is more stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Yeah well I wonder how they get the soft flowing caramel inside the Caramilk bar but you don't see me making a god damn thread about it. Slap your wife Baygirl, straighten him out.

My Ride
    E46 M3

Was with Touchstone for a long time and they had me at Pembridge, almost for 2-3 years now they've been higher by $500/year for just liability auto insurance. I have no accidents/tickets, over 20 years driving record. Was disappointed. Right now I'm with Sonnet, seems to be the cheapest at $900/year for liability+comprehensive and online is easy.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast