Quantcast
Insurance Broker? - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Insurance Broker?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When I challenge TD on my house insurance going up 50% in 4-5 years, I called The Personal.

Then I called TD right back and said "continue fucking me because it's better than getting dry-fisted".
    That bad eh?

That’s basically been my outcome every time I have attempted to shop away from TD. Grass was far from greener.

Fucking insurance.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I've said it so many times it's probably becoming tedious, but you should shop your insurance, your cellphone, and your internet, about every 2 years or there's a high likelihood you are getting fucked no matter who you use. All of those providers do "rate optimization" to increase costs for people who they deem unlikely to switch. Loyalty is not rewarded.

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    Who did you move to?

RE: Insurance cost for cheaper cars being expensive... it's pretty simple. Insurance cost isn't simply derived from the car value. A bigger lever on the cost of insurance is the frequency of claims. As you might imagine, there's more claims on cheaper cars than expensive ones (for a number of reasons - people park cheap cars outside and expensive cars in the garage, shitty teenage drivers more often drive cheap old cars vs new expensive ones, etc etc).
    Went to Cooperators. Insurance for full coverage for the RX was $3816/year for my wife alone, comprehensive minus collision was $2200/year. For the iQ, it was the exact same cost. With cooperators, and for my wife on the stupid little iQ it was $1318/year comprehensive minus collision. That's almost a g-note in savings alone all based on the same driving abstract, etc..

I get the whole cheaper car doesn't mean cheaper insurance blah blah and take into account the person being insured background. This was for a 43 year old woman btw with ZERO fucking claims and tickets although her license was only 4 years I think but still, I'd have thought that going from the RX to the iQ would've had SOME cost savings, not the exact same cost. I wasn't expecting it to be significant going from the RX to an iQ, thought perhaps $500 a year savings but I didn't think it'd be the exact same fucking price.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    Arash reminds me of Mar but I can't tell which one is more stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Yeah well I wonder how they get the soft flowing caramel inside the Caramilk bar but you don't see me making a god damn thread about it. Slap your wife Baygirl, straighten him out.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Quote Originally Posted by BokCh0y View Post
    Went to Cooperators. Insurance for full coverage for the RX was $3816/year for my wife alone, comprehensive minus collision was $2200/year. For the iQ, it was the exact same cost. With cooperators, and for my wife on the stupid little iQ it was $1318/year comprehensive minus collision. That's almost a g-note in savings alone all based on the same driving abstract, etc..

I get the whole cheaper car doesn't mean cheaper insurance blah blah and take into account the person being insured background. This was for a 43 year old woman btw with ZERO fucking claims and tickets although her license was only 4 years I think but still, I'd have thought that going from the RX to the iQ would've had SOME cost savings, not the exact same cost. I wasn't expecting it to be significant going from the RX to an iQ, thought perhaps $500 a year savings but I didn't think it'd be the exact same fucking price.
    Is her annual mileage really high or something? I pay around $1600 a year for two cars (2004 Toyota Echo RS and 2013 Scion FRS) with the same coverage and $500 deductibles.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

$4k a year for a single car is ludicrous.

My X5 and M2 combined is less than that, and my wife’s Lexus a third of that.

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo View Post
    Is her annual mileage really high or something? I pay around $1600 a year for two cars (2004 Toyota Echo RS and 2013 Scion FRS) with the same coverage and $500 deductibles.
    Nope. I guess just cuz she's a new driver and has now had her license for 5 years, maybe 6 hahaha.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeee I totally agree hence the change to another provider. Maybe in the beginning we were saving money with Touchstone but not at all towards the end.
    Yeah well I wonder how they get the soft flowing caramel inside the Caramilk bar but you don't see me making a god damn thread about it. Slap your wife Baygirl, straighten him out.

My Ride
    Non Baller Vehicles

Sounds like a few of us had the same rep at touchstone then

Got my renewal thru from intact about 6 weeks previous to the renewal date and it had gone up by about 30%

Waited until about 2 weeks before my date and emailed her to find out WTF and if they were shopping around for me

Nope, my renewal was coming up on 3rd of May and here on the 23rd of April she was still working on beginning of March policies.

Oh its because of COVID, i'll get to yours eventually.

Told them I was cancelling, sent the letter and 20 mins later I had better coverage through Sonnet and my price had gone down by 6%

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Down with touchstone!

Wheres the dude who owns it... he needs to get in here

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

My contact was Bill directly and he was as good with customer service, guidance and genuinely great guy as you could ask. It's pretty unfortunate to hear that someone who works there is essentially the complete opposite.

Customer service was never an issue, hell Bill would even email me back while on vacation. In the end, rates were quite different from The Personal and we changed for the year. Will re-evaluate upon renewal.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    RX300

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    My contact was Bill directly and he was as good with customer service, guidance and genuinely great guy as you could ask. It's pretty unfortunate to hear that someone who works there is essentially the complete opposite.

Customer service was never an issue, hell Bill would even email me back while on vacation. In the end, rates were quite different from The Personal and we changed for the year. Will re-evaluate upon renewal.
    I deal with Darren and he has been good, but when he was on holidays I had to deal with a lady there and she was horrible. Probably the person you folks are talking about.
    Although my rates have also gone up so might have to give Darren a call or might have to shop around.

Crappy thing is I believe my policy just renewed recently, is there a penalty to cancel and go to another insurance provider?
    trying is the first step towards failure

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Quote Originally Posted by saiyajin View Post
    I deal with Darren and he has been good, but when he was on holidays I had to deal with a lady there and she was horrible. Probably the person you folks are talking about.
    Although my rates have also gone up so might have to give Darren a call or might have to shop around.

Crappy thing is I believe my policy just renewed recently, is there a penalty to cancel and go to another insurance provider?
    From my research you can cancel and go anywhere else at any time.

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post

Got my renewal recently, my wifes lexus is now ~$2400. Will be shopping around today.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Ooof.

This thread always makes me feel better about my rates when I start thinking I’m being gouged.

fact.

My Ride
    G37X

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I've said it so many times it's probably becoming tedious, but you should shop your insurance, your cellphone, and your internet, about every 2 years or there's a high likelihood you are getting fucked no matter who you use. All of those providers do "rate optimization" to increase costs for people who they deem unlikely to switch. Loyalty is not rewarded.
    I've been with touchstone for probably 10 years now as I was getting overcharged by AMA. Starting to shop around now and not be complacent as I'm thinking the savings are no longer there with how expensive my policy is for a car/condo coverage. Zero at fault claims and paying $255/month for a 2013 Acura TL and my condo coverage seems steep.

I'll have to call Inova (through Costco) to confirm, but the initial online quote they gave me was $127.00/month for my car/condo wtf

I do agree that the customer service/responsiveness with Touchstone has generally been good, but if I'm being overcharged by $1,500+ for the same annual coverage I'll have to switch.
    Last edited by Hallowed_point; 08-25-2022 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    Got my renewal recently, my wifes lexus is now ~$2400. Will be shopping around today.
    I used to feel your pain haha.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hallowed_point View Post
    I've been with touchstone for probably 10 years now as I was getting overcharged by AMA. Starting to shop around now and not be complacent as I'm thinking the savings are no longer there with how expensive my policy is for a car/condo coverage. Zero at fault claims and paying $255/month for a 2013 Acura TL and my condo coverage seems steep.

I'll have to call Inova (through Costco) to confirm, but the initial online quote they gave me was $127.00/month for my car/condo wtf

I do agree that the customer service/responsiveness with Touchstone has generally been good, but if I'm being overcharged by $1,500+ for the same annual coverage I'll have to switch.
    Yeah they weren't bad to me, just they didn't seem like they were looking out for my best interests anymore and that's my issue.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

TD has raised my home insurance from $1268 to $1590 after just one year so time to shop around.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Quote Originally Posted by BokCh0y View Post
    I used to feel your pain haha.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah they weren't bad to me, just they didn't seem like they were looking out for my best interests anymore and that's my issue.
    Darren is my guy, too. He’s responsive - no issues.

But as said, if package deals are much better elsewhere - well..

I will say, I’m okay paying a slight premium for good service, which I’ve gotten over the years.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

Based on these rates I am 100% being fucked.

Pretty sure I have the same Touchstone broker as many of you based on this thread.

Car is in for hail next week, once done I am moving my business.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Quote Originally Posted by Hallowed_point View Post
    ...my policy is for a car/condo coverage. Zero at fault claims and paying $255/month for a 2013 Acura TL and my condo coverage seems steep.
    Hard to know if we're comparing Apples to Apples here but for my 2nd floor 900 sq.ft condo/apartment in Killarney and full coverage (less glass) on a 2010 4Runner and a 2015 Accent, we were paying $232/month.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Mods please change thread to 'Leaving Touchstone Megathread'

In their defense when I switched 5 years ago rates were great.
    Last edited by riander5; 08-29-2022 at 12:03 PM.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast