Quantcast
Roe vs. Wade. The US officials back to stone ages - Page 7 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Roe vs. Wade. The US officials back to stone ages

Quote Originally Posted by suntan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There are white people on beyond?
    You probably thought this was a Beyond the band fanclub forum, didn't you!

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    The Supreme Court of Canada rewriting the constitution with a bias to presentism for whatever direction the wind is blowing at the time is the biggest mockery of constitutional law that has ever been contemplated.

It’s a complete joke and pretending it’s not is a scary mentality.

Canada basically doesn’t have a constitution under the stewardship of the current slate of Supreme Court judges.
    The Canadian Constitution is dogshit
    The Canadian Charter of Rights is dogshit

Quote Originally Posted by mr2mike View Post
    You probably thought this was a Beyond the band fanclub forum, didn't you!
    I admit I got a kick out of them when they backronymed BTS.

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    Canada basically doesn’t have a constitution under the stewardship of the current slate of Supreme Court judges.
    Harper just couldn't get anything right, could he?

Come September Trudeau and the Liberals will be able to have a majority of appointments on the SCC, so your concerns will be alleviated.

My Ride
    2019 Peterbilt

Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    Harper just couldn't get anything right, could he?

Come September Trudeau and the Liberals will be able to have a majority of appointments on the SCC, so your concerns will be alleviated.
    Haha.yup. Harper like Pee pee never had a real world job. Always a leach.

Hand-picked party hardliner dweebs are too dumb to get anything done.

I love how free dumber heads explode when they find out daddy Trudeau gave them their beloved charter. Now THAT guy got shit done
    Last edited by Yolobimmer; 06-27-2022 at 07:42 PM.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    The Canadian Constitution is dogshit
    The Canadian Charter of Rights is dogshit
    Canada has been beyond salvage for quite some time.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    11sec S14, Lux Family Bus, VQ35HR

Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

I love how free dumber heads explode when they find out daddy Trudeau gave them their beloved charter. Now THAT guy got shit done
    Daddy Trudeau didn't have time to "fuddle duddle" around.

Think of the abortions Margaret Trudeau had back in her day.
    But missed one.

Quote Originally Posted by littledan View Post
    People should just all be libertians. I leave you the fuck alone, and you leave me the fuck alone.

Just give me a 1/4 section and im good.

Also, if u have a baby growing inside your belly you get to decide what to do with it.

Just like I shouldnt be required to take my tapeworm to full term just cause the parasite enthusiasts society deem them as a protected species.
    This is actually still a problem issue for Libertarians. At what point do you consider a fetus to be a human life that should be left alone to live it's life? And voila! argument time.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaco View Post
    "my white man body, my choice"

"your female or minority body, my choice"

They must have cropped out the second line.

(disclosure, i am a white guy, damn near pure brit ancestry, and it's still bullshit)
    Gotta love the tired old lefty tard arguments coming out. Tell me again how the millions of women who are pro-lifers don't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaco View Post
    he's also anti gay and anti contraception, so that tells me all i need to know... also this particular case has nothing to do with race.
    Correct. So why'd you make it about race and gender?

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    Crazy that guns have more rights than women's uteruses in the US
    I wasn't aware of any regulations, background check, permits, laws, etc regulating a woman owning or loading a uterus.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentry View Post
    Their opinion is based on religion unfortunately. And also their two party system which means on every single given issue they must take the hard opposite stance of the other party, because reasons.
    It's based more on the fact that humans have rights afforded to them by the constitution. Turns out right to life and liberty is the most important one. This is why it's absurd when the left refuses to address the arguments. Because even most lefties are not so pro-choice that they agree with a 9 month abortion. And not many Right wingers want full on ban of abortion. So it's clear we almost all agree that there should be a term limit on abortion somewhere, but the left just wants to remove themselves from the conversation and throw tantrums about not getting their way.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post

It's based more on the fact that humans have rights afforded to them by the constitution. Turns out right to life and liberty is the most important one. This is why it's absurd when the left refuses to address the arguments. Because even most lefties are not so pro-choice that they agree with a 9 month abortion. And not many Right wingers want full on ban of abortion. So it's clear we almost all agree that there should be a term limit on abortion somewhere, but the left just wants to remove themselves from the conversation and throw tantrums about not getting their way.

Your multiquotes are about as appealing as a 9 month abortion.

"The left" and many/most libertarians largely agree that RvW set a reasonable test for abortion at viability (22-24 weeks).

My Ride
    *The First*

I went to "The Human Body Exhibit" (or whatever it was called) several years ago at whatever museum it toured to. There was a "back section" that I wish I never went into where they showed several disturbing things including what a human child's hands look like at about ~14 weeks in utero. Holy fuck. I wish I hadn't seen that...
    Abortion is probably approximately murder.

I still support it, but gross. I would rather have spent a week on the killing floor at Cargill than seen the image of those tiny hands.

If you ever get the chance - don't.

"The left" and many/most libertarians largely agree that RvW set a reasonable test for abortion at viability (22-24 weeks).
    Babies are viable at 4 months (and dropping), so 22-24 weeks is unacceptable. 16 weeks is the latest remotely reasonable basis for a guideline.

I'm not even going to dig into TPiM's comment. To see that, think that, and still be ok with that... Damn dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    If I had known you guys would end up being such bitches, I would’ve opened the parenting forum.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by zechs View Post
    Babies are viable at 4 months (and dropping), so 22-24 weeks is unacceptable. 16 weeks is the latest remotely reasonable basis for a guideline.

I'm not even going to dig into TPiM's comment. To see that, think that, and still be ok with that... Damn dude.
    Wrong

Your multiquotes are about as appealing as a 9 month abortion.

You guys are mad if I make multiple posts, and mad if I multiquote. So fuck it, I'm just going to multiple post and tag you every one of them from now on.

I have not heard anyone even mention anything about a term, let alone agree on it. I know I personally support something along that timeframe, but probably a little less. 6 months seems like a pretty late abortion. But my opinion is just one drip in the ocean. Most people are hung up arguing about whether they are For or Against abortion, even though virtually nobody is either of those things 100%. This is just typical left wing shooting themselves in the foot again. Texas goes and suggests something in the middle like a heart beat ban on abortion, and instead of the left getting involved in the debate and outlining reasons and data for why they think it should be later and how late they think it should be. They're just busy screaming about Fascist pigs and old white men.

My Ride
    ute

You guys are mad if I make multiple posts, and mad if I multiquote. So fuck it, I'm just going to multiple post and tag you every one of them from now on.

I have not heard anyone even mention anything about a term, let alone agree on it. I know I personally support something along that timeframe, but probably a little less. 6 months seems like a pretty late abortion. But my opinion is just one drip in the ocean. Most people are hung up arguing about whether they are For or Against abortion, even though virtually nobody is either of those things 100%. This is just typical left wing shooting themselves in the foot again. Texas goes and suggests something in the middle like a heart beat ban on abortion, and instead of the left getting involved in the debate and outlining reasons and data for why they think it should be later and how late they think it should be. They're just busy screaming about Fascist pigs and old white men.
    Yes, I posted largely the same thing earlier, and even used a handy graph.

Wrong
    I'm sure he can find anecdotal situations where he was right, even if it isn't the norm. Your error was bringing up "viable" in the first place, because it's not a one size fits all metric that applies to every baby. And literally no way of knowing which ones are viable at what time, without actually pulling them out of them mother to check.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, I posted largely the same thing earlier, and even used a handy graph.
    When I said nobody, I wasn't talking about this thread. I was talking about the general "debate" going on in the US currently. Literally the only thing you see in media from any left wing source, is just continual talk about how Republicans don't value womens rights.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by zechs View Post

Ah the classic "no offense, but... _______" comment.
    MmmHmmm, tell me more about what I've seen and your perceptions somehow pertaining to that.
    I didn't realize my forum signature was "eagerly awaiting zech's feedback on this post" but maybe you should stop taking breaks from your studies of PDE's and Castigliano's Theorem to waste time attempting to chirp me because I really couldn't give a squirt of fuck about your drivel. You are some sort of Eng student, non? Sorry it's going so poorly for you.
    "16 weex bE ViAbLe"
    "tPiM iS FaGgOt murderer fur 14 wEeKs!!"
    "My pinky fits in my urethra."
    /Zechs

Try the [ignore button].

My Ride
    ute

I'm sure he can find anecdotal situations where he was right, even if it isn't the norm. Your error was bringing up "viable" in the first place, because it's not a one size fits all metric that applies to every baby. And literally no way of knowing which ones are viable at what time, without actually pulling them out of them mother to check.
    They have premature infant DNR standards that are nowhere near what he is suggesting.

Meh, still on board with abortion vs a child deprived of love, care and basic needs.
    Ask any teacher that's been a substitute across the city. It's an occurrence more than you Aspenites care to admit.
    Neglect in foster care is a big issue too so I'll kill that argument right now.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    I really couldn't give a squirt of fuck about your drivel.
    Name:  hoes-mad-funny.gif
Views: 287
Size:  1.77 MB

Wrong
    Nope. That's the baseline. The baseline isn't "lets average out the killing of what may or may not be a human". Its "lets not kill humans". Same way with justice, its a tragedy when one person is wrongfully convicted and should be the highest priority to make sure it does not occur.

This whole leftist thing with people hating their lives so much that they assume everyone else would rather never be born is also so nihilistic and angsty grade 10 emo kid it makes me want to puke. Life is a struggle, thats typically the point, most people are happy to be alive and try to keep it that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    If I had known you guys would end up being such bitches, I would’ve opened the parenting forum.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 ... LastLast