Quantcast
Tweaking weight loss plan - when you're loosing inches not weight - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Tweaking weight loss plan - when you're loosing inches not weight

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This sounds like physician time, to me.
    You've lost more than one third of your girth from your gut while gaining weight of 12% and stacking onto your chest and arms without really working out.
    This is odd physiological behaviour. Do you have diabetes? Do you have any types of hormonal imbalance issues that your aware of?
    PenIs is right.

You can hardly do any cardio because of structural issues in your body

You are gaining weight in weird places and not loosing weight when in a perceived deficit

325lb unless you're 6'10 is literally a life and death situation. You should start throwing some money at this if you have extra.

Physician or Naturopath specializing in hormones and weight loss. Nutritionist / Dietician (if you have benefits dieticians are covered)

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

If you are retaining massive amounts of water that also makes me worry about ticker issues.

+1 if you are 100% sure about your numbers you are quoting this sounds like doctor time.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    *The First*

*I think I'm wrong about the mArTh though. I think I calculated it like pants were sold in diameter.
    Hang on...
    [(40/pi)^2 / (50/pi)^2] = 0.64 so that sounds like a 36% reduction in cross sectional surface area of gut.

I think a physician can help get a better idea of an external factor for you. I am not trying to be alarmist, I just think there may be something else at play.

My Ride
    TypeR

Quote Originally Posted by AndyL View Post

Gone from 290lbs in 50x34 pants; Now 10 months later - I'm at 325lbs and 40x34 pants. Yes, buying pants at normal stores is a lovely thing again - but the goal was to drop weight get the knees less unhappy. Seems like every inch I've lost off my waist has ended up in my chest/shoulders/arms - as I've graduated from 2xl to 3xl shirts to avoid skin tight across the upper body.

Was following the typical "1200 cal / day" meal plans - but that was resulting in nods on the evening commute every day. So ended up bumping up 300 cal (add nutrigrain bar late afternoon) to avoid that. Now trying 'curated' delivered meals to make sure I'm not "accidentally" mis-measuring because I'm hangry every night...
    If you were eating that many calories per day you would be melting so something is super off. In my experience eating in that much of a deficit leads to two things. 1. Binge eating 2. Extreme Muscle loss.
    You should really start tracking everything so you can look back and see where the flaws are. The first place I would tell a client to start in your situation is to track protein intake. If you hit .8g per lb of bodyweight from cooking you wont have space for crap because you will be so full. This is surprisingly difficult and in general most people who struggle with weight loss eat a super heavy carb fat diet. Not that those things are bad but they are usually full of tons of extra calories unlike most protein sources.

Things like myfitness pal are great tools for tracking but if that doesn't work for you then start writing everything down. You need to figure out how many calories you are eating and what some of the red flags are in your diet. To give you an example that blueberry muffin from costco (612 calories) IMO is not worth it because you can legit go eat a big mac instead (563 calories). I've had clients in the past going out to eat thinking they are having healthy salads but they are 1k calories+ and all they had to do was google it to double check.

Regardless if you haven't done so yet go to the doctor and get blood work done to rule out anything else. From the looks of things though you have lots of freedom and just need to build the habit of knowing exactly what you are putting in your body.

You are looking to change up your lifestyle and it wont be linear so just make sure you keep learning from your mistakes. Forming new habits is hard AF but once you have them you will never need to "diet" again.
    Last edited by scboss; 06-27-2022 at 11:58 PM.
    IG:scboss

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

The flip side of the coin of the blueberry Costco muffin is that it takes 30 minutes of intense exercise (80% max HR) to burn that shit off. It's why you can't out exercise a bad diet. Moment on the lips.

There are some youtube clips of people doing a 10K calorie challenge where they eat 10K calories one day and then on another try to exercise it away. 10K calories is very difficult to burn in a day, but so easy to eat.

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Quote Originally Posted by benyl View Post
    The flip side of the coin of the blueberry Costco muffin is that it takes 30 minutes of intense exercise (80% max HR) to burn that shit off. It's why you can't out exercise a bad diet. Moment on the lips.

There are some youtube clips of people doing a 10K calorie challenge where they eat 10K calories one day and then on another try to exercise it away. 10K calories is very difficult to burn in a day, but so easy to eat.
    Did you just say 10k calories is easy to eat?

My Ride
    ute

Ya, I cant eat 10k calories in a day, lol

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I mean. I think I could if I set my mind to it…

You know how calories dense bacon is? Haha

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Quote Originally Posted by riander5 View Post
    Sorry, compared to trying to burn off the same amount. lol.

Eating 10K calories isn't easy either for the average person.

That being said, those 600lb people on "My 600lb life" sure make it look easy. Speaking of which, they all go on a 1500 calorie diet and are expected to lose 60lbs a month. We all know they cheat like hell cause most of the time they lose 5 lbs of water weight.

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Quote Originally Posted by benyl View Post
    Sorry, compared to trying to burn off the same amount. lol.

Eating 10K calories isn't easy either for the average person.

That being said, those 600lb people on "My 600lb life" sure make it look easy. Speaking of which, they all go on a 1500 calorie diet and are expected to lose 60lbs a month. We all know they cheat like hell cause most of the time they lose 5 lbs of water weight.
    Haha thats fair.

I could probably down 10k calories if it was all bacon, coconut oil... bacon oil.... hmm.. pastries maybe

But 10k calories of anything actually resembling healthy food is near impossible! Even for Buster

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

That I will agree with.

fact.

My Ride
    Has wheels

Quote Originally Posted by riander5 View Post
    I have 0 doubt I could do it no problem if I was trying to.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

a beer is what, 165 calories? So that's only 48 beers and a reasonable amount of food.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    a beer is what, 165 calories? So that's only 48 beers and a reasonable amount of food.
    I... Don't think I could do it...
    Let's call it 12 beers and 3 Wendy's Baconator burgers over a day. That is only 5,000 Calories?!!?
    I could maybe bump that up to 18 beers and a 4th Baconator but I don't think I could do more than that and that's still only 7,000 Calories.
    WtF?!

My Ride
    Goes Vrr and PShh.

I went from 270lbs down to 200lbs in a weight loss journey so I'll give some tips that worked for me.

There is only one chemical process in which the body can lose body fat, that is to turn body fat into carbon dioxide. Move more, eat less. However, the most significant thing you can do to lose body fat is lift heavy weights.

Staying consistent with a heavy weight lifting routine will turn consumed calories into feeding new muscle growth. The more muscle you have the more calories you need to just sustain the muscle mass in your body. Professional body builders eat seven meals a day.

The benefits of lifting heavy weights are also increased testosterone levels, the more testosterone and less estrogen the body has the less likely the body is to gain fat.

Lift heavy and consistently.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    I... Don't think I could do it...
    Let's call it 12 beers and 3 Wendy's Baconator burgers over a day. That is only 5,000 Calories?!!?
    I could maybe bump that up to 18 beers and a 4th Baconator but I don't think I could do more than that and that's still only 7,000 Calories.
    WtF?!
    Not super easy but not super hard. Dave's triple combo with large fries and coke for 3 meals. 6060cal. Caramel Fudge Cheesecake Blizzard from DQ as an afternoon Snack 1240 cal. 6 Guiness in the evening. 1056cal with a bag of pizza bites as a late night snack. 1571cal. Throw in a snickers somewhere throughout the day and you are over 10kcal.

Now would your body absorb that many calories? No. It would likely half go to waste.

My Ride
    4x4

Gah - you guys talking huge meals when I've been starving.

132/76bp and 72bpm - I was at a pharmacy, I checked - bit too normal to be major heart problems.

EAP nutritionist - not super useful, said ramp up calorie intake. Thanks captain obvious. (This wasnt the same nutritionist but had notes from the one who put me on this diet ffs).

No clue when I can get into doctor for bloodwork, would be easier to come back to Alberta for that.

2103cal yesterday, that didn't feel good (felt like after Thanksgiving overindulgence all day). Nowhere near that today, 1400cal and very not hungry... Maybe I'll make an egg or two later.

2103cal yesterday, that didn't feel good (felt like after Thanksgiving overindulgence all day). Nowhere near that today, 1400cal and very not hungry... Maybe I'll make an egg or two later.
    Well, the thread has covered everything you need to know. If you are comfortable eating only 1400cal/day, you will shed weight like nobodies' business and congrats, easy success. But you also may cause some extreme adverse side effects because you are literally starving yourself.

You honestly may have digestive problems. Or you may not being truthful with yourself. Not much more we can do here. Based on my (and most other's experience), its more likely one of these then the other. You need to be counting everything (milk and sugar in your coffee/tea/whatever).

Personally, I simply can't imagine doing a physical job and 1400cal per day. To lose 2lbs for me @200lb, its 1200/day+600 to makeup for my physical activity. And if I am not PERFECT with the protein and eat too many carbs, I will be hungry.

So how you can manage on 1400 at an extra 125lb, something simply isn't adding up.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    If I had known you guys would end up being such bitches, I would’ve opened the parenting forum.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

My guess is that the calories are not being counted correctly. Missing quite a bit. But let's focus on the psotives here guys, waist circumference is a critical measurement for health, much more important than overall weight. He's making good progress.
    Last edited by ExtraSlow; 06-28-2022 at 07:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

If you are able, take pics and upload everything you eat here. I am sure there are enough of us that can analyze what you are eating from pics.

I'm back on counting calories on an app due to this thread as a curiosity of what I am actually eating these days.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast