Quantcast
My Acreage Project - Let the fun begin - Page 28 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18 27 28

Thread: My Acreage Project - Let the fun begin

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Quote Originally Posted by schurchill39 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Epoxy the plywood countertop and call it good. Start a new trend!
    Don't think that trend will take off haha, but it's usable for now.

Forgot to post this pic, I like it a lot, took it when I went out for a walk to collect mail. As long as you ignore the fact that I don't have siding on the front entry, and there is no interior, it almost looks like a complete house

My Ride
    LEXUS LX470

Sweet fence!

Tap, Rack, BANG!

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by schurchill39 View Post
    My appologies, I didn't realize we had such conniseurs of sheet goods around here. I will ensure my next piddly attempt to be funny happens AFTER my morning coffee, and not before. You are correct, it is construction grade OSB and not plywood.
    Dats some good sheet, Mang!

My Ride

Hi all,

Just been busy getting organized and fully settled in, and after that started to hammer out a few projects:

Ordered a metric crap-ton of tile. If my calculations are correct, that should be enough to finish all my remaining showers. Really want them all to look the same (except for dog wash, that will be something else).

Some of the tiles were broken when delivered, so wife and I sorted through all of them, and exchanged all the broken ones.

Before winter hits, I want to pour my front and rear patio, so I got all that prepped, just waiting for concrete guy availability. Added more gravel, compacted, and did the rebar. My wife helped me to do the back, because that was killer on the back and legs. I don't know how I did the entire house by myself before..

My road to the house was complete mess. It was nearly impassible when it was wet, just pure clay. All my traction control lights ect would go off when driving on it, car was swaying side to side ect, just nasty stuff, so I called the county expecting them to blow me off, but instead, 2 days later, they had a crew here with a grader, multiple gravel trucks, water trucks ect, and fixed it up nicely for me. Yay Rocky View County!

Before:

After:

And finally, ordered some barn doors. Wasn't sure which style to go with, went with this more modern look. I like it, but might not be everyone's cup of tea. Installed them today. Need to do a bit of an adjustment as they are almost too low (my floors will be glue on laminate, pretty thin stuff). With idea with the two doors to to basically keep them open all the time, but gives us option to close off the bedroom parts of the house from the main kitchen/living room when having guest over ect, and for now, will also help keeping the cats at bay as we work on some projects that cats may interfere with.

And the other one

That's all for now. I ordered my water filtration systems, the whole house one, and a reverse osmosis one for the fridge drinking water/ice, so looking forward to that and will probably be part of the next post.

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

You leave enough room beneath those doors for flooring?!

That road upgrade is actually wild haha they really did it up for you

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by JfuckinC View Post
    You leave enough room beneath those doors for flooring?!

That road upgrade is actually wild haha they really did it up for you
    Yah, should be enough space. It's going to be glue on vinyl plank, it's like 1/8" thick. I can adjust it a bit if I need to go a big higher.

This is the type of stuff I will be using, much nicer more realistic looking one, we have yet to actually go looking. We looked a long time ago when we first decided on doing that, but haven't since

Last edited by eblend; 09-25-2024 at 09:34 PM.

My Ride
    Canyonero

For what it's worth, I once had a contractor tell me that part of the reason the gap below doors is so large, is air movement. In our old fifties bungalow with minimal cold air returns, that actually seemed kinda plausible. I dont know if that's as important in modern construction, but it kinda made sense.

I really love the board & batten detail on your front elevation against the standing seam metal roof. looks beautiful.

My Ride
    '73 Buick, '03 Ruckus, '18 Tundra

Quote Originally Posted by prae View Post
    For what it's worth, I once had a contractor tell me that part of the reason the gap below doors is so large, is air movement. .
    It is true and still done in commercial spaces.

My Ride

May very well be, but being barn doors, they basically sit 3/4 of an inch away from the wall anyways (to accommodate for baseboards), so there is plenty of air going around them around the entire parameter. Also being a modern construction, there is an air return in every bedroom/living room, and even in some hallways, so I think there is more than enough circulation here, so shouldn't be a problem, but good to know regardless.

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18 27 28