Quantcast
Red Bull RB17 Hyper car - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Red Bull RB17 Hyper car

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Default Red Bull RB17 Hyper car

https://www.redbulladvancedtechnolog...nces-the-rb17/

A NEW ERA OF PERFORMANCE CARS HAS ARRIVED

Red Bull Advanced Technologies, the high-performance engineering arm of Red Bull Racing Group, today announced details of its first hypercar project designed, developed, and manufactured entirely in-house. Created by Adrian Newey, Chief Technical Officer of Oracle Red Bull Racing and Red Bull Advanced Technologies, the RB17 is a two-seat hypercar optimized for the ultimate on-track driving experience. Just 50 RB17s will be made at the Red Bull Technology Campus in Milton Keynes, with production scheduled to commence in 2025.
    Christian Horner, CEO of Oracle Red Bull Racing and Red Bull Advanced Technologies, added: “The RB17 marks an important milestone in the evolution of Red Bull Advanced Technologies, now fully capable of creating and manufacturing a series production car at our Red Bull Technology Campus. Further, the RB17 marks the first time that a car wearing the Red Bull brand has been available to collectors.”
    Powered by a V8 hybrid engine developing over 1,100bhp, the RB17 takes its inspiration – and name – from the cars that Red Bull Racing has campaigned in the world’s most demanding and technically advanced motorsport series. Designed around a carbon-composite tub, the RB17 features the most advanced ground effect package available in a series production car. Full technical details for the RB17 will be released in due course
    Pricing starts at £5M (plus applicable local taxes) with just 50 collectors set to become owners of the RB17.
    Wonder how much this is to sort of bend the F1 cost cap by developing F1 tech into a road car? Should be a beast though as Newey has done incredible work with their F1 platform.

My Ride
    957,958,NC1,NC3,E90,ITR

What a terrible name

My Ride
    V8s

I assume this is about as real as the Red Bull X2014 from Gran Turismo 6.

If Mercedes can't even do a good job of getting the AMG One to market, I have my doubts about Red Bull getting a car out.

Hopefully I'm wrong.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Mercedes can't even do a good job of getting the AMG One to market, I have my doubts about Red Bull getting a car out.
    Mercedes challenge was doing something really stupid. Take a purpose built f1 engine, have it work in a street car, idle like a street car, pass all emissions and noise regulations, use pump gas (not the fake f1 pump gas) and deliver the same horsepower from a 1.6L v6. The AMG one project would have been a lot easier if they didn’t set out the goal to actually have an f1 power unit in a street car.

All the other hypercars (Valkyrie, t50, rb17) use purpose built engines with no limitations set by f1 regulations, and just aim to provide near f1 car performance. Much easier job than the Mercedes’ path.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mercedes challenge was doing something really stupid. Take a purpose built f1 engine, have it work in a street car, idle like a street car, pass all emissions and noise regulations, use pump gas (not the fake f1 pump gas) and deliver the same horsepower from a 1.6L v6. The AMG one project would have been a lot easier if they didn’t set out the goal to actually have an f1 power unit in a street car.

All the other hypercars (Valkyrie, t50, rb17) use purpose built engines with no limitations set by f1 regulations, and just aim to provide near f1 car performance. Much easier job than the Mercedes’ path.
    All such good points!