Quantcast
YYC Airport delays update? - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast

Thread: YYC Airport delays update?

My Ride
    992 T-hawk Golf R

Quote Originally Posted by arcticcat522 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Where did you buy this? I need one for Thursday morning. Link? Thanks in advance
    Sorry for the late reply, Amazon is where I got mine but they wouldn’t have been able to accommodate a delivery within 7 minutes of your post. That’s a tight deadline! Hope you found one!

https://www.amazon.ca/mifold-MF06CGR...&s=baby&sr=1-1
    I like neat cars.

My Ride
    '16 WRX, '23 CX-50

Came home on Friday from Cancun, WestJet didn't have enough ground staff to unload my aircraft. Had to wait two and a half hours for my bag to be unloaded from the plane. Cousin had a connecting flight as well and they were waiting for the pilots to show up from another flight.

My Ride
    "Four f***ing wheels and a seat!"

Flew out of YYC on a domestic flight this past Saturday (July 16) and back on Tuesday evening (July 19). No delays with Air Canada, and my checked bag showed up quite quickly. Maple Leaf Lounges appear to have done away with the QR codes to order from your table this month (QR codes were still in use in June in YYC and YYZ), but there was still hot food available in the Maple Leaf Lounge in YYC.

Flown in and out of YYC/YEG/YVR/YUL/YYZ/YOW with Air Canada since May and haven't encountered any major delays. Layovers at YYZ haven't been a problem for me, but these were all domestic layovers and I never had to leave the secure area - my understanding here is that many of the delays at YYZ have had to do with the security screening checkpoints.

My Ride
    V167

Update: Great experience flying out of YVR. Security let us bypass line, opened a gate so we could walk directly to a screening station and get things going. Car seat went on plane fine. Took me like 1 min to buckle it in. Stroller gate checked and waiting for me on the other end @ the gate.

For reference this is the car seat I have in my car (in which he does shorter trips) and for travel.
    https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/c...w.ds#store=678

Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by cyra1ax View Post
    Came home on Friday from Cancun, WestJet didn't have enough ground staff to unload my aircraft. Had to wait two and a half hours for my bag to be unloaded from the plane. Cousin had a connecting flight as well and they were waiting for the pilots to show up from another flight.
    I expect WestJet flights to get worse in short term with looming strike. Unless that's been settled?

My Ride
    Summer car or work truck

Strike averted. Very happy to hear that this am, since we travel on the 28th. Still looking for a travel booster seat if anyone sees any for sale. Not pink please.

Also, anyone hear of or use the appointment for security at yyc? Wife told me about it. Never heard about it before. Anyone use it before?

My Ride
    2011 Ralliart SB

We booked a security time on our flight to Cancun but it was for 7:30. When we walked up to security at 7:10 there was like 8 people in line so we just walked in cast say much beyond booking it was painless, but no idea how well it works if security is slammed.

My Ride
    Pushbroom

Quote Originally Posted by mr2mike View Post
    I expect WestJet flights to get worse in short term with looming strike. Unless that's been settled?
    WJ is struggling with their below wing service provider in Calgary, ATS. They contracted out their baggage handling a few years ago, and it's been a complete disaster ever since. Now that company can't attract staff, and can't hang onto the little staff they do have. Planes are leaving without baggage loaded. I don't mean a few bags get left behind, I mean NO luggage loaded. 0 bags. They only have enough staff to run over from another flight and push the aircraft out, because the airport authority needs the gate free for another airline, but not enough staff to actually load the bags.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

WTF happened to the parking police at arrivals pickup?

Was there last night and the entire fucking parking area is overrun by people sitting in their cars idling away... NOT PICKING ANYONE UP.

Bring back those whistle blowing fuckers.

My Ride
    Mazda 3

Quote Originally Posted by arcticcat522 View Post
    Strike averted. Very happy to hear that this am, since we travel on the 28th. Still looking for a travel booster seat if anyone sees any for sale. Not pink please.

Also, anyone hear of or use the appointment for security at yyc? Wife told me about it. Never heard about it before. Anyone use it before?
    I have one Mifold we just used on our trip to Europe.
    If you can't find anything you can borrow it for your trip. DM me today if interested since you're leaving Thursday morning.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx Mazda View Post
    WJ is struggling with their below wing service provider in Calgary, ATS. They contracted out their baggage handling a few years ago, and it's been a complete disaster ever since. Now that company can't attract staff, and can't hang onto the little staff they do have. Planes are leaving without baggage loaded. I don't mean a few bags get left behind, I mean NO luggage loaded. 0 bags. They only have enough staff to run over from another flight and push the aircraft out, because the airport authority needs the gate free for another airline, but not enough staff to actually load the bags.
    Even tho AC has been in the news non stop, WJ has been a worse shit show in comparison from what I'm hearing. They're just not talking about it in the news.

That said, my WJ flight I took last month to BC was flawless and on time haha.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Is that issue with ground staff worse at any particular airport? I could see them falling behind worst at Pearson since they are lower priority than AC there.

My Ride
    Summer car or work truck

Quote Originally Posted by ????? View Post
    I have one Mifold we just used on our trip to Europe.
    If you can't find anything you can borrow it for your trip. DM me today if interested since you're leaving Thursday morning.
    Pm'd.....thanks

My Ride
    Pushbroom

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Is that issue with ground staff worse at any particular airport? I could see them falling behind worst at Pearson since they are lower priority than AC there.
    It has nothing to do with priority. AC does it’s own ground handling at most stations in Canada so that they have complete control over the operation. WJ tried to look good to the bean counters when they were bought by Onyx and farmed everything out. I believe WS uses Swissport in YYZ. They’re 200x better than ATS, but they’re still a contractor, and WS is subject to them.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Gotcha. Penny pinching.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Is this a crisis emergency for the military to be called in? They aren’t doing much now anyway.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    Is this a crisis emergency for the military to be called in? They aren’t doing much now anyway.
    Only if it affects deh cLiMaTe

Quote Originally Posted by 88CRX View Post

Was there last night and the entire fucking parking area is overrun by people sitting in their cars idling away... NOT PICKING ANYONE UP.

I agree. Was there and it was a shit show to drive in and pick someone up.
    Flight was delayed 1hr due to Toronto airport issues.

My Ride
    "Four f***ing wheels and a seat!"

Quote Originally Posted by 88CRX View Post

It's almost more common now to see parked, unattended vehicles in the arriving passenger pickup area of YYC, especially on the international terminal side. The staff were super vigilant in 2018/2019, but since the pandemic they have been completely absent. The only consistent staff I've see have seen in this area over the past few years are those touts for the limousine taxis. YYC staff are a rare sight, and the only time I've seen them in this area post pandemic has been to (maybe) collect abandoned luggage carts. Haven't seen them say/do anything about these parked cars in the passenger pickup area...

That being said, the international arrivals pickup area has been far less crowded - I always walk over to that area for my ride rather than wait on the domestic side.

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    Like the 10 people in the military wouldn't help the situation...

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast