Quantcast
Rockauto Missing Parts - Anyone have experience w/this??? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Rockauto Missing Parts - Anyone have experience w/this???

Default Rockauto Missing Parts - Anyone have experience w/this???

So I ended up ordering bunch of stuff for the AW11 from Rockauto. Received the package, however, huge hole in the side of the box and after opening and verifying what I have vs. what I should have, it looks like one of the struts must've fallen out of the box via the hole.

Has anyone ever dealt with this and if so, do you know what the process and result was? I tried go to their returns page to report a problem, but they said I have to wait till July 12th, then go back to that page and take it from there. I'm pretty sure I'm not receiving that missing strut as it must've fallen on somewhere between the Rockauto warehouse and the Fedex's warehouses and trucks.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Arash reminds me of Mar but I can't tell which one is more stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Yeah well I wonder how they get the soft flowing caramel inside the Caramilk bar but you don't see me making a god damn thread about it. Slap your wife Baygirl, straighten him out.

My Ride
    2002 jeep tj

it wasn't a strut but I ordered at the time some spark plugs and there was 3 instead of 4 in the box as the package was opened at customs, I sent rock auto an email/return issues and told them that the packaged seemed to have been opened and there is a missing spark plug they sent one out right away and was at my door in 2 days

2002civic is offline Held my GTI hostage and got unbanned
    My Ride
    19 SQ5/22 Pilot BE/18 RS3

I'd report it to Fedex ASAP that you received a box with a hole and missing part. Did you have to sign or was it left at the door?

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by 2002civic View Post
    I'd report it to Fedex ASAP that you received a box with a hole and missing part. Did you have to sign or was it left at the door?
    It’s not his responsibility to chase FedEx, as he’s not their customer - rockauto is. It may get somewhere eventually, but it will be a PITA and likely will just be pissing up a rope.

Let rockauto deal with it.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

They will send you a new part asap. Couple of months ago I got a sealed box with bubble wrap and a magnet, nothing else. Was supposed to have two control arms in it.

My Ride
    11sec S14, Lux Family Bus, VQ35HR

Couple weeks ago I ordered a set of rear swaybar bushings/brackets and end links for the S14. I noticed the top end kit said it included the end links so I ordered that one. Box came un-damaged sway bar bushing & brackets, no end links.

Description:

"Red; Sway Bar Bushing Set Performance Polyurethane; Includes Sway Bar End Links/New Brackets"

Reported a problem on Rockauto website and they sent another, bigger, box out to me which came really fast. Same problem, no end links. Not a big issue as the pic didn't show the links either, but the whole process was pretty easy. Planning on specifically ordering the end links with the next order.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeeper1986 View Post
    it wasn't a strut but I ordered at the time some spark plugs and there was 3 instead of 4 in the box as the package was opened at customs, I sent rock auto an email/return issues and told them that the packaged seemed to have been opened and there is a missing spark plug they sent one out right away and was at my door in 2 days
    Oh nice

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 2002civic View Post
    It was left at the door, no signing needed.
    Yeah well I wonder how they get the soft flowing caramel inside the Caramilk bar but you don't see me making a god damn thread about it. Slap your wife Baygirl, straighten him out.

Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Couple weeks ago I ordered a set of rear swaybar bushings/brackets and end links for the S14. I noticed the top end kit said it included the end links so I ordered that one. Box came un-damaged sway bar bushing & brackets, no end links.

Description:

"Red; Sway Bar Bushing Set Performance Polyurethane; Includes Sway Bar End Links/New Brackets"

Reported a problem on Rockauto website and they sent another, bigger, box out to me which came really fast. Same problem, no end links. Not a big issue as the pic didn't show the links either, but the whole process was pretty easy. Planning on specifically ordering the end links with the next order.
    Ok thanks for the info.

The parts are coming from two diff warehouses so I need to wait for the other package to arrive first apparently. The box I did receive is where the rear struts are supposed to be coming from and the packing slip indicates 2, but clearly I received only 1. I will wait till the other box arrives then take it from there.

Appreciate everyone's feedback. Def worried I'd have to pay for another one....

Damn customs ripped my box open, went through the strut boxes and was lucky the didn't lose the damn bolt on the strut as it was loose.

My Ride
    2002 jeep tj

Quote Originally Posted by BokCh0y View Post
    Appreciate everyone's feedback. Def worried I'd have to pay for another one....
    nah, should have too, your not the one that lost it, the middle man did, rock auto should cover for a new one.

another mishap I had with rock auto I did order 2 struts for a 2005 x5, one came already leaking the whole box was oil.

Contacted them though email and they sent one out right away and it came in 2 to 3 days, I'm amazed at how fast shipping is from the US to Canada with rock auto they sent me a new one and then sent me a return shipping label free of course all I had to do was drop it off at DHL

I always tend to order things from the same wear house though not separate as they charge you 2 times the shipping lol

Received my second box or parts from the other warehouse last week. Was outside working the truck when FedEx arrived so I stopped buddy to tell him about this last order and ask if there is anything I should do on the FedEx side. Sure as fuck, we look at the second box of parts from RA and it's fucking destroyed and all taped together with shit tape. Driver himself says wow, then says he's going to mark it down as damaged so Fedex is aware and this is documented. As he turned to give me the thingy to sign, one struct falls outta the goddamn box hahaha. So yeah he made sure to state that too.

Anyway, not surprised, but this time was missing a belt, a bump stopper for the struts and a strut nut.

Went back to RA and stated this too on their website. Hear back from customer service the next day and send them out a bunch of pics and go back and forth. I asked them to ensure the box of missing parts is taped up and packed well hahaa.

Received all my replacement missing parts yesterday and box was packaged and taped to the nuts!!!

So thanks everyone for the direction, much appreciated and glad this worked out.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

RA is at the mercy of the shipping cos but they do thier best which is more than you can say for some others.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Rockauto has a tendency to think parts being shipped are going 5 minutes down the road and pack shit too lightly.

I realize costs would go up for shipping if they made it more sturdy... but yeah for big heavy things expect a destroyed packaged.