Quantcast
Custom Competency Programs - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Custom Competency Programs

Default Custom Competency Programs

Question
    Does anyone know of any companies that build fit for purpose competency programs that would deem a technician competent to work on XX piece of equipment?

Challenge I have is the equipment my company manufactures and sells is simple, yet complex in that we have mechanical, electrical and instrument air systems.
    My goal is to have a training system built by a third party that I can have technicians take to deem them competent to service said piece of equipment in the eyes of OH&S in the event something ever happened.

My Ride
    Trucks

I’ve only seen factory training directly on specialized equipment, not 3rd party. How could you trust a 3rd party to be reliable? Just tape your personal cell number inside the control cabinet, problem solved. Haha

My Ride
    Non Baller Vehicles

If it's complex enough that it needs training to a high enough degree that official bodies are involved, then why aren't you getting trades-people to work on your stuff?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Would complyworks be a good place to start this conversation?

I’m not saying they will have something on the shelf, but maybe a good place to get pointed in the right direction?
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I've never seen a solution for what you ask that was less work then just having someone build you the program yourself. It's a lot of work to do right, and even more to get implemented and bought in through the organization. I happen to think it's worthwhile though.
    Spent a while working on something like this like ten years ago. Maybe there's newer software to help, but the bones of it will be the same as back when I did it with a spreadsheet and word doc.

Thanks for the reply all!

I spoke directly with an OH&S officer yesterday and gave me the solution I was looking for.
    Essentially all of my technicians will immediately be enrolled in an Electrical Apprenticeship + Internal competencies/ training.

Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Question
    Does anyone know of any companies that build fit for purpose competency programs that would deem a technician competent to work on XX piece of equipment?

Challenge I have is the equipment my company manufactures and sells is simple, yet complex in that we have mechanical, electrical and instrument air systems.
    My goal is to have a training system built by a third party that I can have technicians take to deem them competent to service said piece of equipment in the eyes of OH&S in the event something ever happened.
    If you are dealing with instrument air or other pressure related services, and you are fabricating such systems, ABSA may need to be involved in authorization to do so. They will also have a stake in the competency evaluation of fabricators.