Quantcast
Current dealership fuckery? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Current dealership fuckery?

My Ride
    This and that.

Default Current dealership fuckery?

So sounds like whatever used to happen in the States is now happening in Canada as well.

My brother ordered a new TRX several months ago at a local dealership in Calgary at which time he was told that it was already in production, or was going into production right away. It didn't have a VIN number assigned, however, there was a 'tracking number' for that allocation. He signed some paperwork and paid them a $5K deposit and even though he wanted to buy it cash, they ran a credit check on him to confirm that he'd be approved for financing. This was 3+ months ago.

Today they call him saying we got a TRX in and let us know if you're interested in bidding on it. He said no it's fine, I will wait for my order and they in turn told him that even his order will no longer be available to him and that he would need to bid on it when it becomes available and that they were going to refund his deposit.

This is absolute fucking nonsense as far as I am concerned and I am taking it personally to the point where I might look into legal action if worth it. I won't name the dealership yet, but I want to see what experience (if any) others may have had with dealerships pulling shady shit like this. I was always under the impression that Canadian dealerships couldn't pull shit like this but apparently they are.

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So sounds like whatever used to happen in the States is now happening in Canada as well.

My brother ordered a new TRX several months ago at a local dealership in Calgary at which time he was told that it was already in production, or was going into production right away. It didn't have a VIN number assigned, however, there was a 'tracking number' for that allocation. He signed some paperwork and paid them a $5K deposit and even though he wanted to buy it cash, they ran a credit check on him to confirm that he'd be approved for financing. This was 3+ months ago.

Today they call him saying we got a TRX in and let us know if you're interested in bidding on it. He said no it's fine, I will wait for my order and they in turn told him that even his order will no longer be available to him and that he would need to bid on it when it becomes available and that they were going to refund his deposit.

This is absolute fucking nonsense as far as I am concerned and I am taking it personally to the point where I might look into legal action if worth it. I won't name the dealership yet, but I want to see what experience (if any) others may have had with dealerships pulling shady shit like this. I was always under the impression that Canadian dealerships couldn't pull shit like this but apparently they are.
    Aren’t you a lawyer?

Read the Contract signed re: deposit and if the vehicle was guaranteed based on deposit then issue a letter threatening to sue. If they tell you to pound sand then file suit and alert the news as dealers seem to care about publicity even though they are generally garbage humans and businesses.

If the vehicle wasn’t guaranteed and they have some way to get out of it, then alert the news and sewer the dealerships reputation…because this is BS. Bonus points if you have it in writing that they are requiring a bid process on a vehicle you’ve put a deposit on. I assume that they didn’t include a vin in the paperwork as there is some shady way for them to get out of being forced to sell it for the agreed price.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Why not sue if you think you have a case. It's only a matter of time for you is it not?

My Ride
    This and that.

Yea I am not worried about the legal side of things - as I said if that recourse is available, I am taking this personally and will do what I need to do. The one grey area is that the VIN number was not available at the time of the order and just a 'tracking number' for the build. But I think the link is there for there to be a cause of action. I am waiting on my brother to send me the documents he has to see what we are looking at.

What I am more curious about is if dealerships are now regularly pulling this with everyone and if so, that's a class action. But also, if FCA Canada for example even allows for shit like this to happen and if dealerships can do it.
    Last edited by shakalaka; 07-07-2022 at 03:15 PM.

https://forums.beyond.ca/threads/414...vehicle/page48

Ask Bavarianbeast where he saw the trx going for msrp

- - - Updated - - -

Yea I am not worried about the legal side of things - as I said if that recourse is available, I am taking this personally and will do what I need to do.

What I am more curious about is if dealerships are now regularly pulling this with everyone and if so, that's a class action. But also, if FCA Canada for example even allows for shit like this to happen and if dealerships can do it.
    I always thought the dealers couldnt sell for more than msrp. The other big rip offs now are the mandatory dealer add ons like 3m, rust coating and shit like that
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

Yea I am not worried about the legal side of things - as I said if that recourse is available, I am taking this personally and will do what I need to do. The one grey area is that the VIN number was not available at the time of the order and just a 'tracking number' for the build. But I think the link is there for there to be a cause of action. I am waiting on my brother to send me the documents he has to see what we are looking at.

You should defintely start a class action and see if FCA gives a shit.

PS: It's funny when buyers get a better deal else where and they want their money back, then it's ok.... just saying

If he accepts his deposit back, does that not mean he accepted the deal they gave him?

Basically, don't accept anything back at this point.
    *not a lawyer. But you are.

My Ride
    NC1

Nothing personal, just business. I have a feeling it's in the fine print somewhere.

- - - Updated - - -

Name:  C13E5178-90B7-4AB0-B8A6-1D19E9398871.jpg
Views: 635
Size:  201.4 KB
    They probably just erase and write a random number in lol on a day the manager feels good the markup could be 88,888
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Touareg, Cayenne, 944s

There is a lightly used GT3 for sale at Edmonton Porsche for $399,990. With the options listed, it was originally probably closer to $230,000. I'm curious about the transaction history on that car.

My Ride
    This and that.

Pre-owned cars I can understand. But when you specifically order a new car, agree upon a price, put a deposit down and then for them to say this...I feel is highly unfair. AMVIC might be a good option to explore too, I don't know.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Amvic is not a consumer protection organization.

My Ride
    *The First*

Pre-owned cars I can understand. But when you specifically order a new car, agree upon a price, put a deposit down and then for them to say this...I feel is highly unfair. AMVIC might be a good option to explore too, I don't know.
    AMVIC?!?
    RoFL!!!!!¡!!!! You'd better get your hopes up!
    They're the Racketeering Commission in charge of Professional Racketeering Awareness, Diversity, Inclusion and Reconciliation.

My Ride
    This and that.

I don't expect much from them but surprisingly I have seen them work in favour of a consumer to achieve a favourable result for them by reprimanding the dealership over the years. Rare I am sure.

Greedy fucks.
    Originally posted by killramos
    It's a Chrysler, it won't last long enough to depreciate.

My Ride
    *The First*

I always suspected they were valueless, but then my friend had a brand new vehicle that he bought the Platinum Unobtanium extended warranty on and it spent 4 out of its first 6 months of ownership in the shop and the dealer wouldn't even give him a loaner.
    He complained.
    They LoL 'd.

My Ride
    NC1

The only warranty that was ever worth it on any car I have owned is lease care lol return the damn thing with bald tires, dents, cracked windshield, wear and tear etc. Everything else these 3rd party coverages I swear are a scam
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    ute

FCA...

If you're going to lie with dogs, you're going to get fleas.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

AMVIC might be a good option to explore too, I don't know.
    It blows my mind that someone who goes through as many cars as you do would think that.

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

Quote Originally Posted by JustinL View Post
    There is a lightly used GT3 for sale at Edmonton Porsche for $399,990. With the options listed, it was originally probably closer to $230,000. I'm curious about the transaction history on that car.
    who cares, if you own that GT3, wouldnt you sell it for all the money in the world?

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by Team_Mclaren View Post
    who cares, if you own that GT3, wouldnt you sell it for all the money in the world?
    Sure and absolutely!
    But there's got to be some jiggery-pokery going around when you look at something marginally similar, like Ferrari. They (Ferrari Calgary) are trying to sell a 2021 Ferrari 812 SuperFast GTS for a fucking MILLION$ with 1600km on it. 1,600km would often be considered a new spec that had been for several test drives and now it's a million bucks¿?¡!?
    Hey - maybe Christopher Escobar traded his in and they are capitalizing, but I think there just may be some dirty pool going on.
    Both those brands have been playing a different game with different, secret rules for a long time.

Now, if Stellantis wants to try and play the same game, I can see how folks would get their uncut cocks in a twist...

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast