Quantcast
Current dealership fuckery? - Page 6 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6

Thread: Current dealership fuckery?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by littledan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm confused here. VIN or not, there is a contract/agreement to purchase said vehicle for said price. So if they don't give him this allocation/VIN, they still need to sell him one for that price at some point? is the worry that they will just drag their feet indefinitely? Then you could sue based on breach of contract? what am I missing here.
    If it was that easy everyone would have a GT3. I can walk into a Porsche dealer, put a deposit down on one, get a piece of paper with my deposit as my commitment, and I ain’t getting one lol.

I have 3 “contracts” when buying a vehicle. A deposit that guarantees nothing. Just a place in line. Once allocation has been assigned, a sales order with no price attached to my deposit. Finally, the sales contract with VIN is signed as soon as pricing is available, usually day of delivery (Mercedes’ releases prices the first day of model year sale). Even if pricing is available, like if I’m getting a car later than November, the paperwork isn’t done till the car is released from VPC when final options are finalized and confirmed, so basically 2 weeks before arrival. The 3rd contract is the only enforceable contract, the first 2 guarantees me nothing, and I can walk away at any time. There’s no guarantees that I’ll get a car either with the first 2, either they can’t secure an allocation, or vehicle gets damaged in transit.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

Quote Originally Posted by benyl View Post
    Somebody is trying to crowdsource data on markups.

https://markups.org/search.html?title=trx
    Pretty interesting site. It would be nice if you had to upload your invoice/contract so there could be some verification otherwise you have people putting out all sorts of bad data points. E.g. Searching Defenders gives a bunch of markups from 15-25k range and then someone decided to put in their total invoice price of 120k into the system. That's skewing things quite a bit if you are trying to use the average (with only 5 entries).

Quote Originally Posted by benyl View Post
    Somebody is trying to crowdsource data on markups.

https://markups.org/search.html?title=trx
    Looks like Bergy's Lincoln is putting their own data in.
    No mark-up.

Does your brother care about the warranty? Granger in IA is offering $9,000 off of MSRP for factory orders. When I flew in to pick up my Mach E GT they had at least 20 of them being picked up from out of State buyers. Ram/Jeep/Dodge/Chrysler still doesn't allow the warranty to transfer over.
    Last edited by Toms-SC; 07-12-2022 at 09:23 PM.
    Was the #1 Forum Warrior

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I don't believe Grainger can do sales to canandians.

My Ride
    a tank

I keep reading articles that dealership will be gone in x amount of years. This is probably their last kick of the can as the dealership model is dying. Not sure what I'll do when my lease is up next year.
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Quote Originally Posted by SilverRex View Post
    I keep reading articles that dealership will be gone in x amount of years. This is probably their last kick of the can as the dealership model is dying. Not sure what I'll do when my lease is up next year.
    It's not dying anytime soon. Upstart brands surely will avoid the dealership model but it's going to be hard for legacy automakers to move over as they will still have to service vehicles under warranty. Remember sales is just part of the equation as the service industry is just as crooked.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6