Quantcast
Fan 960 staff turnover 2022 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 71

Thread: Fan 960 staff turnover 2022

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Nothingburger Hill
    My Ride
    Garbanzo Bean
    Posts
    11,779
    Rep Power
    100

    Default Fan 960 staff turnover 2022

    Rhett, Boomer and Pinder all left this year. What's going on? Is this part of the larger Rogers corporate shakeup or unrelated? People still listen to sports radio right?

    Name:  Screenshot_20220728-141558.png
Views: 695
Size:  616.1 KB
    Just two weeks after Dean “Boomer” Molberg announced he was leaving the station, co-host Ryan Pinder also departed Calgary’s only full-time sports station in an announcement made on-air Thursday.

    He is stepping away from the station for personal reasons.
    https://dailyhive.com/calgary/ryan-p...-sportsnet-960

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Calgary AB
    My Ride
    V8s
    Posts
    3,842
    Rep Power
    63

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People still listen to sports radio right?
    Lol, no.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    ute
    Posts
    4,419
    Rep Power
    78

    Default

    Fan960 is still around?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    calgary
    Posts
    1,818
    Rep Power
    68

    Default

    My radio is firmly on 660

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    ute
    Posts
    4,419
    Rep Power
    78

    Default

    radio?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Nothingburger Hill
    My Ride
    Garbanzo Bean
    Posts
    11,779
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    To be fair, I listen as a podcast.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    calgary
    Posts
    1,818
    Rep Power
    68

    Default

    Don't call me radio, unit 91.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    1,443
    Rep Power
    46

    Default

    Pay is absolute shit. I'm surprised they lasted as long as they did.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 1987
    Location
    SK
    My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)
    Posts
    3,288
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    People listen to local radio? Amazing.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    C-Spot
    My Ride
    11sec S14, Lux Family Bus, VQ35HR
    Posts
    2,588
    Rep Power
    40

    Default

    I also asked myself the same question. WTF is going on there?

    I do listen on the way to and from work and I did enjoy their bracket challenges during covid.

    And before you say Ok boomer. The radio was all that was avail in the truck when I was doing some site work in a remote location.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Nothingburger Hill
    My Ride
    Garbanzo Bean
    Posts
    11,779
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    Yeah I got deeper into it in the pandemic. And those years I was unemployed.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    403
    My Ride
    UFA
    Posts
    10,511
    Rep Power
    62

    Default

    Mostly podcasts now, 32 thoughts and spitting chiclets for my hockey content.
    Conversations like this can be intense.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Homeless
    My Ride
    Blue Dabadee
    Posts
    8,575
    Rep Power
    97

    Default

    Name:  D6EC622E-59F1-44E5-9F34-2E49CC864C46.gif
Views: 613
Size:  1.69 MB
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    403
    My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's
    Posts
    6,439
    Rep Power
    37

    Default

    The original Boomer, Rhett and Pinder spot in the AM was actually a highly entertaining show. Rumour is they may be spinning off for their own podcast which would be amazing.

    Edit: LOL at all the non sports watching poster not knowing who was on Calgary sports radio station.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mostly podcasts now, 32 thoughts and spitting chiclets for my hockey content.
    This. I don’t miss an episode.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Nothingburger Hill
    My Ride
    Garbanzo Bean
    Posts
    11,779
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    Spitting chicklets seems like exactly what I'd like, but somehow I just don't get into it.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    403
    My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's
    Posts
    6,439
    Rep Power
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Spitting chicklets seems like exactly what I'd like, but somehow I just don't get into it.
    Lots of running jokes… gotta really get into it. And some guests are significantly better then others.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    YYC
    Posts
    3,935
    Rep Power
    62

    Default

    I actually caught the last sign off for Pinder.
    He was leaving for personal reasons.
    Reason: Had twins a couple years ago. Wife diagnosed with Colon cancer. Under went cancer treatment but he is taking the time to spend more with his family and wife. Hopefully she's ok and recovering.

    Pinder's wife's instagram.
    https://www.instagram.com/jodietilley/?hl=en
    Last edited by mr2mike; 07-28-2022 at 10:32 PM.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Bavaria
    My Ride
    Model 3 Performance
    Posts
    7,626
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    I believe Rogers has been lowballing all their radio station employees. Warrener doesn't need to do the show for peanuts and Boomer clearly figured he could do something else and make more money. As for Pinder given the salary cuts it was kind of a no-brainer to just stay home and take care of his family.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Nothingburger Hill
    My Ride
    Garbanzo Bean
    Posts
    11,779
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    Not sure how I missed that about Pinders wife. I do listen to the majority of the shows. Makes sense particularly if there's been pay cuts.

    Anyone know what a radio host makes? That's so far outside anything I've ever looked at it's hard to even guess.

    I still miss Jason Deforest as the producer.

    Well I'm sure a bunch if them will pop up somewhere, probably podcasts. Post here if you hear about it. I don't use Instagram or twitter or whatever else people use to make announcements like that.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Homeless
    My Ride
    Blue Dabadee
    Posts
    8,575
    Rep Power
    97

    Default

    I’m trying to think how you would define paying an AM radio host a lowball.

    Did they offer less than minimum wage or something?
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Fan 960 Beer League Championship

    By dezmarez in forum Sports, Health & Fitness
    Replies: 9
    Latest Threads: 01-19-2018, 09:16 AM
  2. Korean woman finally gets driving license after 960 tries

    By Redwagon in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 6
    Latest Threads: 05-06-2010, 10:53 AM
  3. Fs 1992 volvo 960 Cheap $1400

    By STi403 in forum Cars, Trucks, Motorbikes, and Trailers
    Replies: 3
    Latest Threads: 10-23-2007, 11:28 PM
  4. Fs 1992 Volvo 960 700 Firm

    By STi403 in forum Cars, Trucks, Motorbikes, and Trailers
    Replies: 2
    Latest Threads: 06-14-2007, 09:34 PM
  5. Jim Rome and the Team 960

    By no_joke in forum Sports, Health & Fitness
    Replies: 11
    Latest Threads: 01-29-2004, 09:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •