Quantcast
Alberta Provincial Police study- For or against? - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: Should Alberta make its own Provincial Police

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep Alberta RCMP

    29 50.00%
  • Create the APP

    29 50.00%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5
Results 81 to 96 of 96

Thread: Alberta Provincial Police study- For or against?

  1. #81
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    S.E. (not the drrty south)
    My Ride
    Natural gas, and natural gas accessories
    Posts
    8,119
    Rep Power
    80

    Default

    There's definitely no buttfuck nowhere Alberta, right? So zero chance of being sent there. Especially with all the extra detachments Albertans will be demanding.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

  2. #82
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    41
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I think even the NDP would consider a 50% raise to public service employees as excessive.

  3. #83
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    alberta
    Posts
    287
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SKR View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who are the Alberta police going to hire? The same inept RCMP officers, or is there a cache of good people somewhere that for some reason aren't currently working as police officers?

    It kind of seems like the new police would just be the old police, with different stickers on the car doors.
    rcmp training requires you going to Saskatchewan for months and If you pass they randomly send you to another province that you didn't originally live In. You get 2 provide 2 preferred choices but your told you won't get them.

    Had a buddy go through the training a couple years back. He got posted in northern ab which was a huge win for him for not being sent across the country. Sounds like there's some preferred locations people want to go. None of which is alberta.

  4. #84
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Nothingburger Hill
    My Ride
    Garbanzo Bean
    Posts
    11,757
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There's definitely no buttfuck nowhere Alberta, right? So zero chance of being sent there. Especially with all the extra detachments Albertans will be demanding.
    I mean, if you live in Alberta, the distance and variety of the buttfuck places are both reduced. I mean, even high level or manning or fort chip are within 10 hour drive of civilization, which is not true of all the varied buttfuck places RCMP could send ya.

  5. #85
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    North North Dakota
    My Ride
    Nissan x2
    Posts
    433
    Rep Power
    34

    Default

    The biggest problem with buttfuck nowhere isn’t the location, it’s the….communities that RCMP need to babysit.

  6. #86
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    534
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think even the NDP would consider a 50% raise to public service employees as excessive.
    No, no they wouldn't. But that's an irrelevant point anyway since nobody would be getting "Raises". New recruits would simply be getting a reasonable salary commensurate with the current industry and living costs. Something the RCMP does not do, which is half the reason they get such piss poor applicants, because you get what you pay for.

  7. #87
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    41
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, no they wouldn't. But that's an irrelevant point anyway since nobody would be getting "Raises". New recruits would simply be getting a reasonable salary commensurate with the current industry and living costs. Something the RCMP does not do, which is half the reason they get such piss poor applicants, because you get what you pay for.
    The RCMP has already given raises (retroactive to boot) to get in line with the highest paid police forces to help with recruitment and retention. Another $40K on top of that would make them the highest paid police force in the country by almost $40K a year. I’m not sure that would fly in a province where voters get mad when doctors are getting paid only slightly more than other provinces.

  8. #88
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    534
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The RCMP has already given raises (retroactive to boot) to get in line with the highest paid police forces to help with recruitment and retention. Another $40K on top of that would make them the highest paid police force in the country by almost $40K a year. I’m not sure that would fly in a province where voters get mad when doctors are getting paid only slightly more than other provinces.
    Can't say I've seen anybody upset about doctors pay, or EPS and CPS pay for that matter. I'm guessing there would be about zero outcry for APP to be making salary in line with EPS/CPS.

  9. #89
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    ES Art Room
    My Ride
    #SadLife
    Posts
    3,284
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    Name:  Screenshot_20220923-172043_Firefox.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  461.5 KB

  10. #90
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    41
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can't say I've seen anybody upset about doctors pay
    You probably voted for them. It seems so long ago in the before times of 2019, but bringing doctor pay ' back down in line with other provinces averages' was a core part of the Alberta's healthcare reforms, which included cutting doctor compensation and unilaterally cancelling contracts. Albertans don't like having the highest paid public employees.

    I'm guessing there would be about zero outcry for APP to be making salary in line with EPS/CPS.
    So the recruitment strategy has gone from 'an extra $40K/year' to 'just matching what the RCMP makes now'? Brings us back to the original statement: It kind of seems like the new police would just be the old police, with different stickers on the car doors.

  11. #91
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    534
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You probably voted for them. It seems so long ago in the before times of 2019, but bringing doctor pay ' back down in line with other provinces averages' was a core part of the Alberta's healthcare reforms, which included cutting doctor compensation and unilaterally cancelling contracts. Albertans don't like having the highest paid public employees.



    So the recruitment strategy has gone from 'an extra $40K/year' to 'just matching what the RCMP makes now'? Brings us back to the original statement: It kind of seems like the new police would just be the old police, with different stickers on the car doors.
    It's all good. Nobody here expects you to understand numbers or logic.

  12. #92
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    41
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's all good. Nobody here expects you to understand numbers or logic.
    RCMP Constable Salary: $106,576
    RCMP Corporal Salary: $116,703
    RCMP Sergeant Salary: $127,204
    https://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/regula...nual-rates-pay

    EPS Constable Salary: $71,195-$115,825
    EPS Sergeant Salary: $127,514
    https://www.joineps.ca/WhyEPS/Salary

    CPS Constable Salary: $67,621-$116,813
    CPS Sergeant Salary: $124-842-$130,728
    https://www.calgary.ca/content/dam/w...disclosure.pdf

    So now that we see the numbers are, are you suggesting we pay RCMP Constables $146K/year to attract better candidates?

  13. #93
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    534
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    RCMP Constable Salary: $106,576
    RCMP Corporal Salary: $116,703
    RCMP Sergeant Salary: $127,204
    https://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/regula...nual-rates-pay

    EPS Constable Salary: $71,195-$115,825
    EPS Sergeant Salary: $127,514
    https://www.joineps.ca/WhyEPS/Salary

    CPS Constable Salary: $67,621-$116,813
    CPS Sergeant Salary: $124-842-$130,728
    https://www.calgary.ca/content/dam/w...disclosure.pdf

    So now that we see the numbers are, are you suggesting we pay RCMP Constables $146K/year to attract better candidates?
    I will say, it's rather hilarious that the strawman you're using is literally making my point of how we get no value from the RCMP, and taking it a step further by correcting my awareness of their pay increase.

  14. #94
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Nothingburger Hill
    My Ride
    Garbanzo Bean
    Posts
    11,757
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    Yes

  15. #95
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    308
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    https://globalnews.ca/news/9148025/s...kye-sanderson/

    The RCMP is full of incompetent idiots. Obviously we should keep them as our police force.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If I had known you guys would end up being such bitches, I would’ve opened the parenting forum.

  16. #96
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    F150
    Posts
    3,124
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    https://www.theepochtimes.com/albert...e_4859158.html

    Edit: shit link above that requires login... Heres another
    https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/albertans...llot-1.6152957

    Looking more like they're headed in this direction. My Fiance says more and more members are thinking this is happening.

    The provincial election next year will be the deciding fate im sure.
    Last edited by Shlade; 11-15-2022 at 10:59 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5

Similar Threads

  1. Ontario Provincial Police Association Investigation

    By JRSC00LUDE in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 1
    Latest Threads: 03-16-2015, 01:07 PM
  2. Alberta Provincial Safety inspection certificate info...JDM?

    By MadMax69 in forum General Car/Bike Talk
    Replies: 4
    Latest Threads: 06-12-2008, 01:06 AM
  3. Possible provincial sales tax in Alberta?

    By TimG in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 16
    Latest Threads: 04-25-2007, 07:46 AM
  4. Medical Study: Study finds no marijuana link to lung cancer

    By rage2 in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 23
    Latest Threads: 06-08-2006, 10:08 PM
  5. SVTOA of Alberta Provincial Meeting Feb 4th

    By atomic in forum Events and Meets
    Replies: 0
    Latest Threads: 01-31-2006, 12:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •