0 0%
  • Brian Jean

15 28.30%
  • Danielle Smith

19 35.85%
  • Travis Toews

11 20.75%
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: UCP Leadership. Who has your Vote?

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wanting stronger provinces and complaining about lack of export capacity development is one of those retarded stances Canadians take. Strong provinces is what gets in the way of it and will ensure it stays in the way of it.

The Is federal government was great at wielding away state power to get stuff done. Up here the feds lost that fight and here we are.
    your assumption - and one that is dramatically incorrect- is that the Federal gov't does not put its finger on the scale when dealing with certain provinces vs others.

Which comes back to Confederation being a broken piece of shit document.
    Last edited by Buster; 10-04-2022 at 10:26 AM.

Well he thinks Gays run the Conservative Party.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    your assumption - and one that is dramatically incorrect- is that the Federal gov't does not put its finger on the scale when dealing with certain provinces vs others.

Which comes back to Confederation being a broken piece of shit document.
    It’s easy to bully the stupid provinces. So easy even the federal government can do it.

My Ride
    ute

It all accomplishes the end goal of minimizing what the federal government can do, which is what people want, isn’t it?
    The Liberal version of the Canadian gov't is using their powers to impair commerce is such a way as to play one voting bloc/region against another. They do not create wealth, they simply decide how and when to apply a little bit of impairment or a lot of impairment depending on what their political goals are.

That is not a recipe that should make people enthusiastic about transferring more power to the feds.

- - - Updated - - -

It’s easy to bully the stupid provinces. So easy even the federal government can do it.
    My point exactly.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

The part you are leaving out is that all the provinces are stupid provinces, populated by morons.

Canada is just a reflection of its pathetic citizens.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

The political goals of all parties is the same, and their methods are the same. The stupid provinces are the ones who don’t do anything to affect that end goal for any party.

The desire for stronger provinces just gives more leverage to the ones who already know how to achieve their goals, and makes it harder for the ones that don’t.

My Ride
    ute

The political goals of all parties is the same, and their methods are the same. The stupid provinces are the ones who don’t do anything to affect that end goal for any party.

The desire for stronger provinces just gives more leverage to the ones who already know how to achieve their goals, and makes it harder for the ones that don’t.
    Conclusion: Confederation sucks ass and only morons would continue to willingly be a party to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Conclusion: Confederation sucks ass and only morons would continue to willingly be a party to it.
    Yeah because being a landlocked petro-state dependent on export will get the Canadian federal government off our back.

My Ride
    ute

Yeah because being a landlocked petro-state dependent on export will get the Canadian federal government off our back.
    Being landlocked sucks. I do not recommend it at all.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    Man if I didn’t know better I’d say 80% of news headlines these days ensure Notley as the next premier.

It was an edgy sound bite 2 years ago. But the whole “*insert statement here* ensures Notley as the next premier” is massively played out by now.

And has almost no basis in fact or truth.
    Not sure how you could feel that way unless you are living under a rock. The Kenny government was largely a disaster and nobody has forgotten what a flake Smith is betraying the Wild Rose party and her time on the radio (false COVID cure claims) didn't do her any favors in the public eye. The NDP is not an appealing option by any means but the UCP brand is so damaged right now that anyone that believes Smith can dig them out of their hole is living in a pure fantasy land. There's a reason she's not willing to call an early election and that's because she knows she knows the uphill battle she faces.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by heavyD View Post
    Not sure how you could feel that way unless you are living under a rock. The Kenny government was largely a disaster and nobody has forgotten what a flake Smith is betraying the Wild Rose party and her time on the radio (false COVID cure claims) didn't do her any favors in the public eye. The NDP is not an appealing option by any means but the UCP brand is so damaged right now that anyone that believes Smith can dig them out of their hole is living in a pure fantasy land. There's a reason she's not willing to call an early election and that's because she knows she knows the uphill battle she faces.
    What disaster did Jason Kenney specifically orchestrate?
    What specifically could any of the Tier-6 clowns that are running for the job have done differently?

I love this narrative.

Pray, tell how Kenney was a complete disaster and how the NDP would have managed covid better?

I'm not a massive Kenney fan, but overall he did a pretty damn good job.

NDP would've locked down harder and longer. Like fucking your dad.

In 2014, approximately 15% of Alberta’s total oil
    production (i.e., both crude oil and oil sands-derived
    oil) was used by refineries within the province. During
    the same year, 11% of Alberta’s oil was delivered to
    refineries in other parts of Canada, and 74% was
    exported to U.S. markets. Only 0.1% was exported to
    other countries.
    This is older data, but it mostly still holds true. In May of this year, Kenney made comments that an extra 1mil/day to USA was easy.

As investment has still continued to crater in the oilsands and also O&G in general in Alberta, it is a sunset industry thanks to the feds.

All there is left to do is pull as much oil out of the ground with the infrastructure and facilities we have for as cheaply as possible, and send as much as possible to the USA which will maximize value to Albertans.

Trump or Desantis will work to get any pipeline projects that are possible across the border. Our oil will sell at a discount as it always has. The world will continue to turn. But we can give a big middle finger to Canada as we walk out the door with our tax money, because O&G is our provincial resource and they have no right to anything from it.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    If I had known you guys would end up being such bitches, I would’ve opened the parenting forum.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    I love this narrative.

Pray, tell how Kenney was a complete disaster and how the NDP would have managed covid better?

I'm not a massive Kenney fan, but overall he did a pretty damn good job.
    You have to be kidding? He bungled COVID so bad it cost the CP on a federal level. Every other province used Alberta as an example of what not to do. I have never voted NDP and never will as I have largely been pro-Conservative over my lifetime but I am astonished that some people actually think Kenny did a good job maging COVID.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...-say-1.6184837

Virtually every province, state, city, country and health organization on earth were examples of what not to do.

Quote Originally Posted by zechs View Post
    because O&G is our provincial resource and they have no right to anything from it.
    I had no idea you were such a zealot for collective ownership through the state.

You have to be kidding? He bungled COVID so bad it cost the CP on a federal level. Every other province used Alberta as an example of what not to do. I have never voted NDP and never will as I have largely been pro-Conservative over my lifetime but I am astonished that some people actually think Kenny did a good job maging COVID.

And what would you have done differently?
    Or the NDP for that matter?

And remember, you have the benefit of hindsight.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

It's my opinion that's Kenny's largest failures were in hoe he communicated his policy decisions. Parks, coal mining and covid were all messaged really badly.

Its also my opinion that the actual policies relating to covid were about right in Alberta, but the messaging was terrible.

My Ride
    *The First*

Alberta maintained the lowest govt restrictions in Canada throughout the pandemic and the people in UCP that are throwing him out are doing so because that wasn't good enough. They wanted apple bobbing in a crowded church.

The people on the left want him thrown out because they think the lack of restrictions left us with bodies pilled in the streets and that "Stampede 2021 caused the ____th Wave!!1ˇ1!"
    A wave which mysteriously didn't happen 2 weeks after Stampede. No. The 2021 Stampede somehow caused the wave that occurred about 16 weeks later... Somehow.

I don't like him, but he's about twice as capable as whatever GoatRodeo they are about to put in charge. There is zero need to replace this leader at this time. He should finish his term and they should decide whether he will run again, or not. This is not the time.

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 ... LastLast