0 0%
  • Brian Jean

15 28.30%
  • Danielle Smith

19 35.85%
  • Travis Toews

11 20.75%
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast

Thread: UCP Leadership. Who has your Vote?

Quote Originally Posted by SJW View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe he should go on Nenshi's weight gain plan.
    I shit you not, fat men are considered to more trustworthy.

Quote Originally Posted by suntan View Post
    I shit you not, fat men are considered to more trustworthy.
    Then I would be a lock at winning!

Quote Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
    Then I would be a lock at winning!
    I'd vote for you, but you'd make a terrible politician since you're like honest and stuff.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You know the leadership race is a ranked ballot right?
    Wait, I thought they dropped that after we got Alison out of that mess?

In the meantime, Kenney out in full force bashing Smith's Sovereignty Act.
    https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/danielle-...nney-1.6057646

Now I'm not sure if Kenney's message on scaring away investment has been echoing thru as I have heard some mention that Smith's likely win is pausing some investments in AB. Or he/she is just a bad sales people and looking for an excuse.

Smith's Sovereignty Act also lacks substance and she lack the balls to go for full separation vote. Sounds like it's just empty gesture to get votes.

Then again, it also shows Kenney after all the rhetoric's, the line stops way short on separation vote and it took Smith to get that out of him.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 09-07-2022 at 10:46 AM.

My Ride
    Toyota Christopher Lambert

I went down the rabbit hole a bit this morning because of this thread.

So if Smith wins the seat and somehow wins the election overall, her bat shit insane sovereignty act will cost millions in tax dollars due to court related bullshit with the federal gov, and drive away potential/existing investments and business by the move?

Is this a 200 IQ move to get the Alberta crazies to vote for her and then rug pull after she potentially wins and is like eh sorry can't do it lololol

Otherwise seems like it's a good way to drive conservatives to not vote and help NDP win

Jean is a waste of space.

Toews is the lesser of evils? Seems smart and obviously well experienced. Don't really agree with the Alberta police force shiz personally but better than the sovereignty act

To each their own as far as opinions go, obviously my thoughts don't match with all y'alls personal views.

Is it too late to join the party to be able to vote?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Yea the deadline was a while back. Ballots already mailed out.

https://www.newswire.ca/news-release...849894470.html

Dougy to Deloitte. Shame. Liked the bastard.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by 2Legit2Quit View Post
    So if Smith wins the seat and somehow wins the election overall, her bat shit insane sovereignty act will cost millions in tax dollars due to court related bullshit with the federal gov, and drive away potential/existing investments and business by the move?
    tax dollar and time is nothing compare to loss of investment confidence.

Again, I think Smith is all talk here to buy votes as she has released nothing of substance on how she could win this legal battle. Do the sovereignty act and loses in court battles and then move on to business as usual.

But separatists will love this gesture. Much like the whole replacing RCMP with provincial police BS. End of the day, the only game to play here is a referendum vote to leave Canada and start that process, everything else is just feel good politics that does nothing but waste $ and time. If Smith is serious about it, should drop that Sovereignty Act BS and get to the point.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 09-07-2022 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    tax dollar and time is nothing compare to loss of investment confidence.

Again, I think Smith is all talk here to buy votes as she has released nothing of substance on how she could win this legal battle. Do the sovereignty act and loses in court battles and then move on to business as usual.

But separatists will love this gesture. Much like the whole replacing RCMP with provincial police BS. End of the day, the only game to play here is a referendum vote to leave Canada and start that process, everything else is just feel good politics that does nothing but waste $ and time. If Smith is serious about it, should drop that Sovereignty Act BS and get to the point.
    Do you understand the relationship between the provinces and the RCMP? The RCMP are contracted by the provinces.

Like do you even know just how incompetent and racist the RCMP are?

My Ride
    2019 Peterbilt

Is this a 200 IQ move to get the Alberta crazies to vote for her and then rug pull after she potentially wins and is like eh sorry can't do it lololol

Otherwise seems like it's a good way to drive conservatives to not vote and help NDP win

Toews is the lesser of evils? Seems smart and obviously well experienced. Don't really agree with the Alberta police force shiz personally but better than the sovereignty act

To each their own as far as opinions go, obviously my thoughts don't match with all y'alls personal views.

Toews is dumber than a paper weight.

Are there no intelligent conservatives in Alberta?
    MAGA = My Ass Got Arrested.

Beware the passive aggressive Mean Girls. Vengie, Killramos, Penismightier, buster, jrscoolude, etc who bully others into their circle jerk opinion, serially negging you, while claiming they ignore you and don't obsess over you.

PSA. High school is not a popularity contest little girls

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by suntan View Post
    Do you understand the relationship between the provinces and the RCMP? The RCMP are contracted by the provinces.

Like do you even know just how incompetent and racist the RCMP are?
    I don't see how any of those will change with a provincial police force even if they promised not to onboard a single ex-RCMP officer for this new force.

End of the day, it's Kenney throwing someone a bone that doesn't move the needle that much. If anything, it saves the Federal government $200M a year doing this move.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 09-07-2022 at 11:54 AM.

I don't see how any of those will change with a provincial police force even if they promised not to onboard a single ex-RCMP officer for this new force.
    Well for one provinces have zero ability to effect change to the RCMP.

Well one aspect that is a plus for firearms owner is that if the feds decide you can't have a specific firearm anymore, like say a simple .22 rifle with a tubular magazine because it is not made in 5 rounds or less, there is no RCMP here to come and take it from you, and if the Alberta Police Force are not bound to the feds and they are beholden to the provincial government only, and the province disagrees with the feds, then they can tell the APF to simply ignore the mandate.

That is just one seemingly small aspect to provincial control many might think is unimportant, but to firearms owners everywhere it is an important one with what is happening in Ottawa today. There will be other aspects too which will give us more freedom and control of our province.

. If Smith is serious about it, should drop that Sovereignty Act BS and get to the point.
    Stop, I can only get so erect!
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    If I had known you guys would end up being such bitches, I would’ve opened the parenting forum.

Why is no one mentioning the most authentic Albertian of all: Todd Lowen. That guy legit stuck his neck out against the idiotic virus mandates and associated foolishness in a way that no one else in the list of candidate has. I really do wish he got more attention. I just opened my voting package today and having a very hard time choosing between the only two candidates that I will be rank ballot voting for: Smith & Lowen. Lowen is clearly not in the race (which is a shame). To make sure we do not wind up with Toews I am thinking Smith 1st and Lowen 2nd

PS: Go to Brian Jean's website and click "platform" and click on any of the three topics on the right side working left. All three links broken. Honestly that is a actual disgrace.

trudeau told Germany in front of the world that there is no case for natural gas in canada. The world is screaming for a reliable source amd we have our federal govt immediately dismissing this possibility.

Investment has already fled thanks to the ndp and our federal govt. The lack of investment is due to our federal govt not Danielle Smith...

Imagine if our media was as tough on our federal govt as they are on Danielle smith's plan?? Oh that's right.. trudeau bailed them out so they can't be negative in anyway.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
    Well one aspect that is a plus for firearms owner is that if the feds decide you can't have a specific firearm anymore, like say a simple .22 rifle with a tubular magazine because it is not made in 5 rounds or less, there is no RCMP here to come and take it from you, and if the Alberta Police Force are not bound to the feds and they are beholden to the provincial government only, and the province disagrees with the feds, then they can tell the APF to simply ignore the mandate.

That is just one seemingly small aspect to provincial control many might think is unimportant, but to firearms owners everywhere it is an important one with what is happening in Ottawa today. There will be other aspects too which will give us more freedom and control of our province.
    Well which goes back to proposed Sovereignty Act which propose a province can ignore Federal laws that you don't like which will be deemed unconstitutional. So if you don't want to obey, you have to leave and start the independence process anyway. That's why I'm saying this sovereignty act is pointless. If you think independence is the route, don't beat around the bush and just do it instead of wasting more $ and time. There is no dipping the toe in on this one and see what shakes loose.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 09-07-2022 at 04:12 PM.

when the sovereinty act is all everyone's talking about it shows how bad the other candidates plans are. It's almost as tho the other candidates have nothing of substance to their plans or we might be discussing theirs.... or they have no plan at all.

My Ride
    Summer car or work truck

Has anyone who is on board with the sovereinty act answered what the play is if it passes by all the legal issues and another province says "hey we will inact one of them too and shut down this pipeline we never wanted"....cough BC cough??

I'm all for more provincial control, but I dont think you can have it both ways in this instance.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I'm not "for" the sovereignty act, but I don't understand your question. You think Alberta would be worse off negotiating with BC alone vs BC plus the feds? Or.....?

Derek Filebrandt acted like a complete, utter moron, but it appears he is maturing over time being with WS. Nothing said in this talk was outrageous or out of line.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    If I had known you guys would end up being such bitches, I would’ve opened the parenting forum.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast