Quantcast
UCP Leadership. Who has your Vote? - Page 13 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: Who has your vote?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Leela Aheer

    4 7.55%
  • Tod Loewen

    2 3.77%
  • Rebecca Schulz

    2 3.77%
  • Rajan Sawhney

    0 0%
  • Brian Jean

    15 28.30%
  • Danielle Smith

    19 35.85%
  • Travis Toews

    11 20.75%
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 318

Thread: UCP Leadership. Who has your Vote?

  1. #241
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    19 G70, 04 C5 Z06
    Posts
    118
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I have to say that I was pretty happy to be in Alberta during Covid. We moved from Ontario in 2018 and the amount of random school closures throughout the 2 years in Ontario would have driven me insane with small children.

    We fared no better, or worse than any other Province in my eyes. We did it with less restrictions the whole way through. The two biggest issues were the delayed reaction to the wave in fall 2021 and the vaccine passport, or restrictions exemptions program if you will. Although I don't think anyone would have done tremendously better at it. Actually I think we would have gone along with Ontario and Quebec's strategies if the NDP were in power, which I see as a negative.

    The rest of the issues comes down to a weak cabinet. I think there were only a handful of productive ministers. This is just not an Alberta problem, it's a Canadian government problem. We have a tremendous amount of incompetence in some of our ministries. Don't get me wrong the failure goes up to leadership as well. The biggest failure is not the governing but the attracting and maintaining a group of competent caucus members that make a good cabinet.

  2. #242
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    1,408
    Rep Power
    42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's my opinion that's Kenny's largest failures were in hoe he communicated his policy decisions. Parks, coal mining and covid were all messaged really badly.

    Its also my opinion that the actual policies relating to covid were about right in Alberta, but the messaging was terrible.
    It's how Apple sells iPhones.

  3. #243
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Homeless
    My Ride
    Blue Dabadee
    Posts
    8,407
    Rep Power
    89

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heavyD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not sure how you could feel that way unless you are living under a rock.
    A whole lot of words to say very little of substance.

    The proof is in the fact that even with everything you say, the NDP aren’t even close to polling well enough to win an election.

    Lots of feels, not a whole lot of facts.

    Someone above put it well, Alberta was a pretty great place to be through the pandemic on a relative basis.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

  4. #244
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Nothingburger Hill
    My Ride
    Garbanzo Bean
    Posts
    11,520
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    Feels matter bro

  5. #245
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    519
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heavyD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not sure how you could feel that way unless you are living under a rock. The Kenny government was largely a disaster and nobody has forgotten what a flake Smith is betraying the Wild Rose party and her time on the radio (false COVID cure claims) didn't do her any favors in the public eye. The NDP is not an appealing option by any means but the UCP brand is so damaged right now that anyone that believes Smith can dig them out of their hole is living in a pure fantasy land. There's a reason she's not willing to call an early election and that's because she knows she knows the uphill battle she faces.
    He likely feels that way because he pays attention to reality, instead of spending all his waking hours absorbing opinions from the left wing morons on Reddit.

  6. #246
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Bavaria
    My Ride
    X3M Competition
    Posts
    7,610
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He likely feels that way because he pays attention to reality, instead of spending all his waking hours absorbing opinions from the left wing morons on Reddit.
    How can you pay attention to reality with your head buried in the sand?

  7. #247
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    alberta
    Posts
    277
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heavyD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How can you pay attention to reality with your head buried in the sand?
    it's okay you are a liberal at heart... we forgive you.

  8. #248
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    308
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    I've been incredibly disappointed in Kenney's reaction to being told to leave. He has made a massive amount of spending announcements the past two months, including money for Ukraine only yesterday.

    His true colors really came out when he had nothing left to lose. Fuck this guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If I had known you guys would end up being such bitches, I wouldíve opened the parenting forum.

  9. #249
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Homeless
    My Ride
    Blue Dabadee
    Posts
    8,407
    Rep Power
    89

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gwill View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    it's okay you are a liberal at heart... we forgive you.
    Alberta is full of people who claim to be Conservative*










    *Lists off 100 reasons why they are fucking red through and through
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

  10. #250
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    YYC
    Posts
    3,853
    Rep Power
    58

    Default

    I think they were conservative but now are retiring and want all the social coverage possible.

    *no real basis for this thought.

  11. #251
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    519
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heavyD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How can you pay attention to reality with your head buried in the sand?
    You can't, that was essentially my point.

  12. #252
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    2,048
    Rep Power
    36

    Default

    It’s kind of funny that Smith isn’t confident enough to run in Calgary Elbow. Is it even possible to be Premier without a legislature seat?

  13. #253
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    ES Art Room
    My Ride
    #SadLife
    Posts
    3,123
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Itís kind of funny that Smith isnít confident enough to run in Calgary Elbow. Is it even possible to be Premier without a legislature seat?
    Careful, or that one urethra will come in here and start spouting off about CiViCs LeSsOnS...

  14. #254
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    41
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Itís kind of funny that Smith isnít confident enough to run in Calgary Elbow. Is it even possible to be Premier without a legislature seat?
    Yes. Alberta has had non-MLA premiers before. Most recently Jim Prentice was premier before he won his by by-election, and Don Getty has the dubious distinction of being premier even after losing his seat in a general election.

  15. #255
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Nothingburger Hill
    My Ride
    Garbanzo Bean
    Posts
    11,520
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    Being an mla just gets in the way.

  16. #256
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    ES Art Room
    My Ride
    #SadLife
    Posts
    3,123
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    Yeah, the NDP would never do something so crooked...
    LoL

  17. #257
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    308
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It’s kind of funny that Smith isn’t confident enough to run in Calgary Elbow. Is it even possible to be Premier without a legislature seat?
    The liberal saying the blue tory should run in a red tory/liberal riding.

    This is why I love beyond, for such thoughtful, nuanced discussion of ideas.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If I had known you guys would end up being such bitches, I wouldíve opened the parenting forum.

  18. #258
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    41
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zechs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The liberal saying the blue tory should run in a red tory/liberal riding.

    This is why I love beyond, for such thoughtful, nuanced discussion of ideas.
    If the leader of a Conservative party canít comfortably win Calgary-Elbow, then the party has fucked up picking a leader. Means theyíve managed to scare rich people away.

  19. #259
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    ute
    Posts
    4,177
    Rep Power
    67

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If the leader of a Conservative party can’t comfortably win Calgary-Elbow, then the party has fucked up picking a leader. Means they’ve managed to scare rich people away.
    I know many people in that riding, and most of them are Champagne Socialists like yourself.

  20. #260
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    41
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know many people in that riding, and most of them are Champagne Socialists like yourself.
    Maybe all these friends of yours will actually vote for a socialist candidate one day.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. RCMP take over investigation of UCP 'irregular financial contributions' allegations

    By pheoxs in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 67
    Latest Threads: 03-22-2019, 09:36 AM
  2. UCP Calls for Alberta Health Services Review

    By HiTempguy1 in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 39
    Latest Threads: 03-02-2019, 06:05 PM
  3. NDP only care about trapping the UCP

    By dirtsniffer in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 58
    Latest Threads: 10-09-2018, 08:32 AM
  4. Vote, Vote Vote for little Luke Murphy

    By Kritafo in forum General
    Replies: 6
    Latest Threads: 12-17-2009, 12:51 PM
  5. "Special" Ed Stelmach - Leadership Review Vote

    By cannondale1 in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 16
    Latest Threads: 11-10-2009, 01:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •