Quantcast
MS Teams - Security of being on multiple teams - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: MS Teams - Security of being on multiple teams

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Default MS Teams - Security of being on multiple teams

Some questions regarding MS teams and security of files and information when accessing multiple accounts from one desktop app.
    Example 1: Using desktop app installed from Company A account, then also accessing Company B account in same App, can any users in company B see company A files, email, or data? And vice-versa?
    Example 2) Using desktop App installed from Company A account, then being added as a "guest" onto a channel for Company C. Can any other user or administrator in Company A see into Company C channel?

Working on a few projects where information security may be an issue, and don't want to be opening up pathways between groups who should not have access to each other. Have had to sign a few NDA's regarding keeping data separate, even from other departments within my employers organization.

I realize Teams probably isn't the #1 most secure option for sharing information, but the choice of platform is not up to me. Thoughts?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

A second laptop is cheap insurance.

Church and state.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Isn't there a FB video chat platform?

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Some questions regarding MS teams and security of files and information when accessing multiple accounts from one desktop app.
    Example 1: Using desktop app installed from Company A account, then also accessing Company B account in same App, can any users in company B see company A files, email, or data? And vice-versa?
    Example 2) Using desktop App installed from Company A account, then being added as a "guest" onto a channel for Company C. Can any other user or administrator in Company A see into Company C channel?

Working on a few projects where information security may be an issue, and don't want to be opening up pathways between groups who should not have access to each other. Have had to sign a few NDA's regarding keeping data separate, even from other departments within my employers organization.

I realize Teams probably isn't the #1 most secure option for sharing information, but the choice of platform is not up to me. Thoughts?
    Those are both safe options. I've used Teams in both of those ways, with highly sensitive information, with large scale clients and engagements ($50-100MM deals). Teams can set permissions based on specific accounts/email IDs, Teams channels, both.

Typically, I will set whatever email I'm most active with (e.g., my own company email) as the default on the desktop app, and log in with my secondary email (e.g., the email my client provides me with from their enterprise) on the webapp.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    A second laptop is cheap insurance.

Church and state.
    I may be going this way for a different reason. Maybe this is one more nudge in that direction. Realized that the hard drive may store temporary files which are them subject to inspection by the IT department owning that machine. Don't like that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    Those are both safe options. I've used Teams in both of those ways, with highly sensitive information, with large scale clients and engagements ($50-100MM deals). Teams can set permissions based on specific accounts/email IDs, Teams channels, both.

Typically, I will set whatever email I'm most active with (e.g., my own company email) as the default on the desktop app, and log in with my secondary email (e.g., the email my client provides me with from their enterprise) on the webapp.
    Yeah, knowing the little that I do, about your work, I can see that you would have some experience with this.

My Ride
    Bicycle

I may be going this way for a different reason. Maybe this is one more nudge in that direction. Realized that the hard drive may store temporary files which are them subject to inspection by the IT department owning that machine. Don't like that.

Or if machine is beefy enough run Company B acct in a Virtual Machine.

If Company B want to inspect it, just send them the .VHDX or pull the .VHDX off your laptop before sending hardware in for Company A inspection.

Only if Company A got your creds by resetting your password.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 09-08-2022 at 02:17 PM.