Quantcast
Cpap - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Cpap

Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How fat are you?

Have you tried a rigorous zone2 training program? Have you tried re learning how to breathe? Retrained your tongue for proper placement while breathing?

If you are on cpap already, you'll be on bipap by age 55.
    Does donna know you do this shit?

My Ride
    2019 Peterbilt

Quote Originally Posted by Toilet_X View Post
    Does donna know you do this shit?
    Madonna?
    MAGA = My Ass Got Arrested.

Beware the passive aggressive Mean Girls. Vengie, Killramos, Penismightier, buster, jrscoolude, etc who bully others into their circle jerk opinion, serially negging you, while claiming they ignore you and don't obsess over you.

PSA. High school is not a popularity contest little girls

My Ride
    Blue boy

thanks for the replies guys and gals. I forgot I made this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    If local apnea clinic wants to you pay the difference over insurance coverage, you can negotiated down the package so you don't have to.

I don't really have apnea or my doctor say basically borderline that doesn't need a machine. But let's just say apnea machine droning vs snoring, it's lesser of 2 evils.
    I agree with you, one dr says I have it, one says it doesn't treated. Unfortunately I dont have coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    The "support and lifetime monitoring" is a joke. It's relatively easy to figure out what you need for set up.

I have 2 machines, both Phillips Dreamstations. Now they have a Dreamstation2, and apparently it's not as nice as the Resmed one, but cannot confirm personally.

I got the $2000 setup from a local sleep therapy place, after getting a sleep study through a referral from my doctor. I didn't know anything about it at the time, and it was covered by benefits, so no NBD. But I needed a 2nd machine since I work out of town and didn't want to lug it back and forth. Online they're cheaper for sure, but they want you to send them your prescription. If you don't have a prescription because you've never done a sleep study, then obviously that eliminates the option. Sounds gross, but I just got a 2nd one off Kijiji. There is a ton of people that get them, use it for a week and hate it, then get rid of it. It's a pretty simple device to take apart and disinfect properly.

I don't know what your situation is? But for all my Training Clients I recommend looking into it if they deal with snoring at all. Sleep interruption is a major problem for a lot of people that don't even realize it. Me personally I have severe Sleep Apnea. I stop breathing 45 times an hour. I have had to increase my pressures over the years(6 years now), and nobody from the monitoring has ever contacted me to tell me in advance to increase them, or because they notice the settings had been changed. So far as I can tell the monitoring is a joke sales gimmick to justify charging 2500$ for a 700$ machine.

My wife is the reason I finally went for testing, because my snoring was unbearable. The machine only ever bothers her if my mask shifts and leaks air. I switched to a nose pillow type, and never had a problem since.

I've personally never needed to replace masks. Apparently they can wear out if you use a petroleum product on them like Vaseline or whatever, to stop your nose from chaffing. But after 6 years I've never replaced one myself.

That's what I figured. I was thinking the second hand route lately. most people buy them and dont use them. Kind of like exercise equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by spike98 View Post
    If you are looking for alternatives, try losing a few lbs. Had this conversation with my doc and apnea is directly correlated to neck circumference. I lost a few and it elimited my need for a CPAP.
    I had this convo with my dr, unfortunately he claims im at a healthy weight and its rather due to my big tongue.

Quote Originally Posted by GQBalla View Post
    order from cpapoutlet.ca constant sales much cheaper then the local sleep clinics. Ive only used Resmed with a new mask every six month ish? I use them way longer then that but benefits will pay for new ones.

regurgitating what was said, body weight does have a factor whether its muscle or fat. Unfortunately some like Misterman probably doesn't have much to lose unless they lose muscle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    How fat are you?

Have you tried a rigorous zone2 training program? Have you tried re learning how to breathe? Retrained your tongue for proper placement while breathing?

If you are on cpap already, you'll be on bipap by age 55.
    185 pounds @ 5'8, i consider myself a little overweight. These sound interesting, i will look into them

My Ride
    Family Hauler

When you say rigorous zone 2 training program.. do you just mean logging tons of minutes of zone 2.

Zone 2 isn't exactly rigorous... you just have to put the time in

My Ride
    2019 Peterbilt

Quote Originally Posted by riander5 View Post
    When you say rigorous zone 2 training program.. do you just mean logging tons of minutes of zone 2.

Zone 2 isn't exactly rigorous... you just have to put the time in
    You bet, Zone 2 unfortunately needs lots of time at regular intervals. Its boring as shit.

The problem is, research has now shown that you need this as a good solid base first. MINIMUM 4 times a week at 45 minutes IN zone 2.

After you can fly up stairs without a huff and you've cranked the settings on your bike/rower and its hard to get your heart rate up, THEN you start the high intensity intervals. Something like 4x4's.
    Last edited by Yolobimmer; 09-29-2022 at 09:29 AM.

Beware the passive aggressive Mean Girls. Vengie, Killramos, Penismightier, buster, jrscoolude, etc who bully others into their circle jerk opinion, serially negging you, while claiming they ignore you and don't obsess over you.

My Ride
    2019 Peterbilt

Any extra weight is bad as you age. How is your blood pressure? If blood pressure is good, make sure you are getting enough sodium and magnesium.

One other thing, you could talk to an orthodontist and see about an appliance to keep your tongue out of the way when you sleep, and some of them now prescribe exercises to strengthen the tongue, and teach proper placement.

There are also breathing exercises that train your lungs to get more oxygen out of each breath you do take, elite athletes now do all kinds of crazy shit to restrict breathing to develop their gas exchange efficiency...... the guy I get my GH from is a Olympic swimmer and I was supersized how much breath development they do. Untrained people breath much faster than trained one, just like resting heart rate, yet get less out of each breath.

A cpap doesn't cure you. It makes your body lazier. Obviously you need to breath when you sleep, so that is number one, so if its bad enough that you need a cpap NOW for serious health issues, don't get lazy and give up on the fitness and training. YOU CAN improve your breathing.

My Ride
    2019 Peterbilt

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2