Quantcast
How much do you drive per year? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: How much do you drive per year?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • <5000km

    6 8.82%
  • <15000km

    29 42.65%
  • <250000km

    19 27.94%
  • <50000km

    8 11.76%
  • >50000km

    6 8.82%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

Thread: How much do you drive per year?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    308
    Rep Power
    8

    Default How much do you drive per year?

    Sitting hear in a boring lecture and was reading the UFA thread.

    Made me realize how going from 80k kms a year to maybe 10k kms per year completely changes my perspective on fuel prices. Also made me wonder how many on here should actually care at all about the price.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If I had known you guys would end up being such bitches, I would’ve opened the parenting forum.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    403
    My Ride
    UFA
    Posts
    10,462
    Rep Power
    59

    Default

    Use to be about 40k/year but a lot of that was work but now it’s more like 20k cuz not doing as much work
    Conversations like this can be intense.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Echo RS
    Posts
    7,082
    Rep Power
    33

    Default

    Personal use 30k km a year, business/work 80-100k a year.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Family Hauler
    Posts
    772
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Maybe 15k per year for entire family

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Silverado
    Posts
    2,964
    Rep Power
    34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Personal use 30k km a year, business/work 80-100k a year.
    ^ you are moving at around 12-15 kph all year long. That's impressive. must feel weird to not be moving.


    precovid I was around 20k per year. closer to 10k now.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    '16 F-150 Lariat 5.0
    Posts
    634
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Personally I cover ~12,000k a year. I WFH and do not commute. It'd be closer to 15-18k a year if I did. Collectively our household averages 14L/100k and probably 18,000-20,000km.

    Say for sake of argument we buy 2500L of gas annually. To your point, a change in per-litre price of $0.4/L would only cost us ~$80/month. Not enough to change our habits. Gas would have to hit $3-4+ per litre in order for it to really become material to our budget and make a change away from ICE and towards a more fuel efficient vehicle (hybrid/EV) cost neutral.

    I expect we'll see this within the next decade; I am not sure what our per-kwh cost of electricity will be at that point. A pure-EV would already make sense as our second vehicle, but I'm at the point where I'd like to ditch the second car entirely.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Nothingburger Hill
    My Ride
    Garbanzo Bean
    Posts
    11,536
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    My truck, 15,000/yr
    Wifes odyssey, under 10,000/yr

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    308
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    There is a poll now, I was interuppted midway through posting
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If I had known you guys would end up being such bitches, I would’ve opened the parenting forum.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Nothingburger Hill
    My Ride
    Garbanzo Bean
    Posts
    11,536
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    People are price-insensitive to fuel prices. It's been proven over and over again.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Cummins x5
    Posts
    1,277
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    15k ish/ year
    Originally posted by Mibz
    The criteria for being a Beyond Baller is simply knowing you are one.
    Deleted E70 35d
    My hybrid burns Diesel & Oil

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    403
    My Ride
    UFA
    Posts
    10,462
    Rep Power
    59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People are price-insensitive to fuel prices. It's been proven over and over again.
    Yea. Just support your fave fuel club
    Conversations like this can be intense.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    2013 328i, 2020 BMW F900 XR
    Posts
    206
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Pre Covid and moving, 25k per year, plus another 10-15k for my wife.

    Now, less than 10k for me and my wife. I WFH and the wife is much closer to work now.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    308
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prae View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Say for sake of argument we buy 2500L of gas annually. To your point, a change in per-litre price of $0.4/L would only cost us ~$80/month. Not enough to change our habits. Gas would have to hit $3-4+ per litre in order for it to really become material to our budget and make a change away from ICE and towards a more fuel efficient vehicle (hybrid/EV) cost neutral.

    I expect we'll see this within the next decade; I am not sure what our per-kwh cost of electricity will be at that point. A pure-EV would already make sense as our second vehicle, but I'm at the point where I'd like to ditch the second car entirely.
    Good analysis, all things I can definitely agree with. I'm more curious as to the level of worry/concern some people place on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If I had known you guys would end up being such bitches, I would’ve opened the parenting forum.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Nothingburger Hill
    My Ride
    Garbanzo Bean
    Posts
    11,536
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    Yolo and yeet bae.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Edmonton/Calgary
    My Ride
    This and that.
    Posts
    5,062
    Rep Power
    44

    Default

    I'd say under 20K give or take. Largest mileage accumulation is due to frequent Calgary trips from Edmonton.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    North North Dakota
    My Ride
    Nissan x2
    Posts
    410
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Primary vehicle also used by wife: about 20k.
    My beater that's seldom used since I walk or bike to work: about 3-4k.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Calgary AB
    My Ride
    V8s
    Posts
    3,746
    Rep Power
    58

    Default

    All cumulative driving between my wife and I amounts to probably ~15k annually.

    Both cars have V8s. Idgaf about fuel price.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    calgary / alberta
    My Ride
    VW R32 Turbo
    Posts
    780
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Personal use 30k km a year, business/work 80-100k a year.
    Wow. What do you do for work to drive that much? Exporting vehicles?


    Last couple years, about 30k for me.
    Originally posted by sputnik
    Cell providers are the next Blockbuster video stores.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Echo RS
    Posts
    7,082
    Rep Power
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cam_wmh View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wow. What do you do for work to drive that much? Exporting vehicles?


    Last couple years, about 30k for me.
    I buy trucks here and ship them to the Southern USA, but all my mileage is in Alberta.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Ram truck and some bikes
    Posts
    31
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I don't drive nearly enough.

    Both trucks are less than 6000km a year each.
    Wifes car is around 5000km a year too as her commute is less than 5km each way.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. How much should I contribute per year towards retirement?

    By Twin_Cam_Turbo in forum Real Estate / Finance
    Replies: 152
    Latest Threads: 10-29-2021, 09:33 AM
  2. Per Diems, how much per day?

    By cidley69 in forum Careers
    Replies: 28
    Latest Threads: 08-30-2010, 02:21 PM
  3. how much do you think beyond.ca makes per month

    By aznbryan in forum Suggestion/Comment Box/Forum Related Stuff
    Replies: 64
    Latest Threads: 01-31-2008, 01:22 PM
  4. Replies: 51
    Latest Threads: 05-26-2005, 10:04 AM
  5. How much do You Spend on Alchohol Per Year??

    By Ekliptix in forum General
    Replies: 35
    Latest Threads: 08-18-2004, 02:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •