Quantcast
Official 2022/23 NHL Thread - Page 15 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5 14 15 16 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2022/23 NHL Thread

Continuing to force people to acknowledge your sexual preference is a great way to have people do the opposite.

You can't be a free speech and "open acceptance" advocate and be pissed of when people choose to excercise their right to do exactly that because it disagrees with you.

My Ride
    ute

So they give the guys who have antiquated views of sexual preference the moral high ground. Smart move Burkie.

My Ride
    ATS, XC90

Most people should know his youngest son Brendan came out as gay about a year before he was killed in a car accident, and Brian has been a vocal LGBTQ supporter since then. It's no surprise what he says, and he believes it.

My Ride
    *The First*

The only thing benefiting Edmonton's chances in the playoffs is their recent surge. Yes, they have extended depth in scoring but without a goalie that can steal them more games, they are in trouble. The best powerplay will vaporize in playoffs as so fewer penalties are available and that's huge. This is a team that doesn't win unless they score 4+ goals, maybe 5+. Their prowess in even strength might not carry them to 4+ goals. That fucking idiot Nurse taking so many penalties is also fatal when your top D-man is in the box for the PK. Maybe with fewer playoff penalties, this won't rape them as hard, but it will have an effect.
    Overall, I think their odds are artificially inflated.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The only thing benefiting Edmonton's chances in the playoffs is their recent surge. Yes, they have extended depth in scoring but without a goalie that can steal them more games, they are in trouble. The best powerplay will vaporize in playoffs as so fewer penalties are available and that's huge. This is a team that doesn't win unless they score 4+ goals, maybe 5+. Their prowess in even strength might not carry them to 4+ goals. That fucking idiot Nurse taking so many penalties is also fatal when your top D-man is in the box for the PK. Maybe with fewer playoff penalties, this won't rape them as hard, but it will have an effect.
    Overall, I think their odds are artificially inflated.
    That’s a good analysis. I just want Derrick Ryan to do well, his story getting to the NHL is awesome.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    NC1

The world can burn before the oilers get a sniff at the cup. I can not deal with such pain. Losing to them in 5 was unbearable. All these oilers fans start coming out of the woodwork lol
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    The world can burn before the oilers get a sniff at the cup. I can not deal with such pain. Losing to them in 5 was unbearable. All these oilers fans start coming out of the woodwork lol
    Playoff tickets were expensive last year for me... I was on TV when I was directly beside the penalty box. Again when I was behind the kings bench, oilers bench.... even in a shitty lower bowl in the corner.

Hoping for the long playoff run just so we can come back to this comment hah. Go oilers

My Ride
    *The First*

LoL Eakins has aged two decades in the last 5 years.

My Ride
    Non Baller Vehicles

I've just been absolutely loving watching this Bruins team...this is going to be the last chance to win a cup for a few years now I would think, some Red Wings-esque seasons coming up

What are the Oilers parade route options?
    This has to be discussed before they sweep playoffs.

Is it a, head south from downtown and then remount city of champions signage in an elaborate ceremony then end at West Edmonton Mall? Or is there a tour past a tent city?

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Start in Leduc and end up at the cactus club.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Why choose? The parade route will be 99km long.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Trucks

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Why choose? The parade route will be 99km long.
    97 + 29 = 126 km to Red Deer

My Ride
    Nissan x2

If Edmonton wins they could legit shut down and do a lap of the Henday. On foot.

My Ride
    Trucks

The first random playoff odds website I clicked this morning had Edmonton as the favourite to win the cup with a slight edge over Boston. I dunno. Seems like they've nerded out a lot more than I could be bothered to do.

https://www.moneypuck.com/predictions.htm

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Oilers casually with the best record in the last 10 games. Haven’t been this excited for playoffs in a long while.

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    If Edmonton wins they could legit shut down and do a lap of the Henday. On foot.
    Fans already setting up and waiting.
    Name:  Screenshot_20230403-080641.png
Views: 258
Size:  1.34 MB

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    Oilers casually with the best record in the last 10 games. Haven’t been this excited for playoffs in a long while.
    I'm sorry, but I don't see Edmonton winning it all. Obviously, they have the scoring this year. McDavid and Draisaitl are burning it up as they normally do, of course, but with last year's addition of Hyman and with RNH having a good year, there are at least more than 2 options now... although having the vast majority of your scoring tied up in only 4 players still isn't ideal.

It's more that they absolutely can't rely on Campbell, and while Skinner has been playing ok, he's still not the level of goalie that is likely to carry the team through a playoff series. Their D is much better with the addition of Ekholm, but it stil isn't what I would consider a cup-winning defense. When you have Ceci in your top pairing. that's not a great sign...

Furthermore, Boston is just a brute of a team. They have a 90% win rate over their last 10 games, and although Edmonton has also come on strong, it isn't like the teams are going in reverse directions.

Finally, keep in mind that teams in the East have a MUCH harder time than players in the West. Our division is weak, which means Edmonton will appear stronger, but put apples against apples and it's going to be a tough assignment to beat any top team from the East- let alone the Bruins.

In short, I'm going against the "experts", and still give Boston the nod for the cup at this point. With that said, Edmonton SHOULD be the team that comes out of the West, but even then, I'm not quite convinced.

My Ride
    Nothing worth mentioning.

Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    I'm sorry, but I don't see Edmonton winning it all. Obviously, they have the scoring this year. McDavid and Draisaitl are burning it up as they normally do, of course, but with last year's addition of Hyman and with RNH having a good year, there are at least more than 2 options now... although having the vast majority of your scoring tied up in only 4 players still isn't ideal.

It's more that they absolutely can't rely on Campbell, and while Skinner has been playing ok, he's still not the level of goalie that is likely to carry the team through a playoff series. Their D is much better with the addition of Ekholm, but it stil isn't what I would consider a cup-winning defense. When you have Ceci in your top pairing. that's not a great sign...

Furthermore, Boston is just a brute of a team. They have a 90% win rate over their last 10 games, and although Edmonton has also come on strong, it isn't like the teams are going in reverse directions.

Finally, keep in mind that teams in the East have a MUCH harder time than players in the West. Our division is weak, which means Edmonton will appear stronger, but put apples against apples and it's going to be a tough assignment to beat any top team from the East- let alone the Bruins.

In short, I'm going against the "experts", and still give Boston the nod for the cup at this point. With that said, Edmonton SHOULD be the team that comes out of the West, but even then, I'm not quite convinced.
    EDM vs. Leafs. Cup final. Calling it.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    "Look at my small penis everyone,"

Quote Originally Posted by SJW View Post
    EDM vs. Leafs. Cup final. Calling it.
    Did you hack Betteman's email?

Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5 14 15 16 25 ... LastLast