Quantcast
Shaw Fibre+ 300 renewal - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Shaw Fibre+ 300 renewal

My Ride
    06 S2000

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've also been hearing Telus wanting customers to pay for last mile. My neighbors that are on DSL says they're promised no last mile install fees if it's done during the current neighbourhood dig, so surprised to see that Telus wants you to pay even when you're already a Telus customer.

Telus also has their wifi available, but in less places than Shaw. It's actually nice to have access to both.
    When Telus came through, they told me the same thing. If I purchase during the dig, they'll cover the last mile cost.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Is that Telus WiFi part of Telus mobile or Telus home services? I've never heard of it.
    Both. I have it thru mobile. Those telus hotspots are free for everyone for like 10 mins using a fake email as well. Annoying signing in non stop for the free service. With both coverage I feel like I’m on wifi everywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by LilDrunkenSmurf View Post
    When Telus came through, they told me the same thing. If I purchase during the dig, they'll cover the last mile cost.
    Can you buy month to month? Haha

Seems like a crazy strategy. Who’s going to pay last mile to get internet when Shaw offers more than enough bandwidth for 99% of users? How much is that cost?
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    '05 Wrx stage 2

Re-upped with Telus yesterday, internet + cable (basic channels + TSN/Sportsnet pack) 1 GB Fibre with 2 4k cable boxes for $117/month.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by cherpintow View Post
    Re-upped with Telus yesterday, internet + cable (basic channels + TSN/Sportsnet pack) 1 GB Fibre with 2 4k cable boxes for $117/month.
    Now that sounds like a decent deal. Did you have to go through much hassle, or did they offer you that pretty fast?

My Ride
    rally pig

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    That's nice, somehow they want a colleague of mine to pay for the last mile into the home and he switched to Shaw from Telus DSL.

Hate that you have to keep playing that game.
    yeah that is odd, what community are they in? waiting for someone to call me right now to install the last mile but checked the website and don't have to pay anything. will update once they call me and finish the install.
    Internet install scheduled for Nov 30.

Telus also has their wifi available, but in less places than Shaw. It's actually nice to have access to both.
    to be honest this is the main service that I will miss from Shaw, hoping someone from Shaw retention calls me and if I can get the Shaw internet basic for under 40$ I don't mind having both Shaw and Telus haha.

Quote Originally Posted by cherpintow View Post
    nice! forgot to mention mine came with 4 premium channels along since I didn't want Prime, and I can switch month to month between Crave and Netflix too.
    hoping that I can call Telus ADT afterwards too for additional discount

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by taemo View Post
    yeah that is odd, what community are they in? waiting for someone to call me right now to install the last mile but checked the website and don't have to pay anything. will update once they call me and finish the install.
    Internet install scheduled for Nov 30.
    Canyon Meadows. I am surprised as well. I wonder if he missed the boat, it's probably free when they are working in the area, not after they are gone.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 11-02-2022 at 09:56 AM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Canyon Meadows. I am surprised as well. I wonder if he missed the boat, it's probably free when they are working in the area, not after they are gone.
    That's what I've been told. Pretty weird they're spending so much money on every house only to not wire up last 10 or so ft.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    '05 Wrx stage 2

Now that sounds like a decent deal. Did you have to go through much hassle, or did they offer you that pretty fast?
    I spoke with the loyalty department for that one, once I was through to them it took about 10 mins.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

OK. I'll prep myself for the old "I'm going to shaw you fuckers" routine. Kinda hate that we all have to lie to each other to get decent deals. What a system.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

That's really odd. We switched from Shaw to Telus fiber earlier this year, about 8 months after they installed the main trunk. They did the last-mile installation to the house free of charge.

That's what I've been told. Pretty weird they're spending so much money on every house only to not wire up last 10 or so ft.
    This is the most expensive part by far.

So they can include it "free" as long as customer chooses big enough plan and stays on for 2 years+
    ---

My Ride
    Cayman

i just renewed with Telus and damn do they piss me off with the damn discounts ending at different times; I am supposed to have 1 gig fibre internet for 24 months at a discounted rate of $65 a month. I have multiple credits that expire on oct 2023 and others on march and april 2023 and one $20 credit on January 2023.

for control plus smart security i did a 36 month discounted price of $16 (reg $60/month) and I see that one $7 credit expires Dec 2022 and another $7 on Jan 2023 while the rest expire during different months in 2025. WTF!

Now I get to spend 1 hour on hold again to get these idiots to change promo dates so that I get charged for the rate that I signed up for the entire term...
    Last edited by Proyecto2000; 11-02-2022 at 09:40 PM.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Not the same product, but there's a reason I say that Public Mobile has the best customer service team in the business.

Fuck telecom companies.

My Ride
    Mazda 3

Not the same product, but there's a reason I say that Public Mobile has the best customer service team in the business.

Fuck telecom companies.
    Until you need something.
    A few months after we cancelled they (Public Mobile) charged a random $4x sum on my credit card.
    All I got was a run around, it'll be refunded, etc, and after half a year I just took the loss as it wasn't going anywhere.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Bicycle

Even it won't change the landscape much, I'm glad the Rogers/Shaw deal is almost dead.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Well, I'm not happy with Telus today. Didn't manage to renew anything. My discounts expire in December, but wanted to get it done as part of the black friday shopping.
    Spent 15 minutes on a chat, to get connected to loyalty department by phone. Spent 37 minutes on the phone with Loyalty, and the dude was really unclear and hard to understand.

I think he was offering me the following: 150 internet, 4+1 TV, and a doorbell camera for $117/mo. Now I really don't want the doorbell camera, and the guy was talking about a $15/mo cancellation fee if I cancelled my smart security contract before 36 months was up. He made it sound like I'd also get charged $100 if I didn't install the doorbell camera. Didn't like the direction it was going, so told him to call me this afternoon with a better plan. Going to go eat some lunch.

- - - Updated - - -

Does shaw do all thier "best" promotions through the call centre too, or can they work decent shit via chat?
    Need to check the weirdo channels my wife uses to see if they are in the Shaw total TV package. Any shaw black friday promotions?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Shaw online chat seems to have access to some deals. I really prefer online chat to the stupid telephone with some jackoff who has a poor mic and poor language skills.
    couldn't get anything for as low as $117/mo that I liked, but they did get to Gig internet, total TV, 24 months of Disney Plus, no activation or install fee, and $250 bill credit for $139/mo on 2 year contract. that bill credit makes is effectively $128/mo.

Some small benefits for shaw mobile that may be worth a couple bucks too.

Let's say that I'm intrigued, although I have not yet signed with anyone.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Last time I tried negotiating with Shaw they wouldn't renew exactly what I had for the same price so I had to cancel altogether. They phoned me a week later and I got what I wanted.

Telus might be doing the same now too. Multi-tier retention departments.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

The First offer of the Telus "loyalty department" was $12/mo WORSE than the public website. And for slower speed. I was very impressed.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast