Quantcast
US mid terms. - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: US mid terms.

Ah yes, it's a loss when Republicans win everything. No different then in Canada when the Conservatives do really well/improve upon their last election results and they are called losers.

It is very close, either way Biden's administration's excesses will be curbed and that is all that matters.

My main concern is voter fraud. Shit is definitely fucked in Arizona.

All countries should require voting in person, with ID, on election day, unless extreme circumstances dictate otherwise (dying in hospital, deployed with military).
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If I had known you guys would end up being such bitches, I would’ve opened the parenting forum.

My Ride
    11sec S14, Lux Family Bus, VQ35HR

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    Can they just sync up and do this shit every 4 years on every level of gov?

This is so inefficient.

At this point, does it matter who runs US?

US votes on basically everything and never on the same day. Something to do for seniors and the unemployed, but PITA for everyone else who wants to do their civic duty. Which is why their voter apathy is self inflicted. Their early voting and mail-in system is a band-aid that one party likes to call fraud on and REEE constantly about. See Above.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    She wishes it was deep.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    So deep put her ass to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    It's off-sync on purpose. They think it's better to separate the house of representatives from presidential race.
    The House of Representatives isn't off-sync from the presidential elections. They only serve two year terms, so they'll also be up for the next presidential race as well.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Good Clarification, and you are correct.

2 years is fucked.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Good Clarification, and you are correct.

2 years is fucked.
    The never ending cycle of doing dick all except grandstanding for the next election/funding from pacs.

If anything Canada should have midterm elections.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by suntan View Post
    Market does think that Rs are still going to take the senate.

Bettors do not: https://electionbettingodds.com/
    I don't know how market reacts any more.

The bar is pretty low now right, as long as no riot and peaceful transfer of power?

If anything Canada should have midterm elections.
    If we can elect the senate, that's where is should go.

But that US Congress goes every 2 year is too much especially nobody can reach across the isle to accomplish anything anymore.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 11-10-2022 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    What a poor performance by the republicans. The fact that they (likely won’t) flip the senate against a very weak democratic president in a high inflation environment is extremely surprising.

Huge mistake to overturn Roe… it would have been a very decisive republican win if it wasn’t for that.
    What is making you say that? polling and whatnot is showing that it's virtually a non-issue for voters. Was there a lot of races decided by a few hundred votes where you could hypothesize that Roe V. Wade might have swung it? I would agree it was a stupid thing to even meddle with though. Way too much on the line right now to risk driving away even one undecided or swing voter.

The economy is by far the thing on peoples minds, so if the fact people can't afford gas and food isn't enough to force a red wave, then nothing is. In the meantime they did win the house. And they have made huge gains in the latino and immigrant communities. Federal is where voters actually care, so it seems pretty unlikely for Democrats to retain the whitehouse.

No one was expecting them to take a lot of seats. They had a fairly mediocre at best slate of candidates.
    Mediocre is still head and shoulders above their wildly incompetent opponents. I would've expected a good haul of seats for Republicans. More than anything this just screams that voters don't show up or care enough about midterms. But I haven't looked at any voter turnout data to verify.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    What is making you say that? polling and whatnot is showing that it's virtually a non-issue for voters. Was there a lot of races decided by a few hundred votes where you could hypothesize that Roe V. Wade might have swung it? I would agree it was a stupid thing to even meddle with though. Way too much on the line right now to risk driving away even one undecided or swing voter.
    When Democrat prez is in, Republican should take it all. The fact they gain so little in Congress and lose ground in Senate and Governors it's basically a lost, at least that's the narrative of "lame stream media" Of course close race and recounts means this won't be settled for awhile, especially a lot of Republican states are doing vote suppression and delay mail-in ballot etc.

It also seems like a sign that the Republican party can finally rid of Trump and DeSantis seems to be in the hot seat for Prez for 2024.

I think most think R will take Congress. Senate is a coin toss. But the longer the counting goes, the better it is for D?

Not that I care, only from glances during morning news and a few article here and there.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 11-10-2022 at 05:55 PM.

My Ride
    NC1

No red wave. De sanctimonious should chill for 2024, or depends what trump does.

Senate run off in Georgia. Herschel walker is one wild dude lol
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post

The economy is by far the thing on peoples minds, so if the fact people can't afford gas and food isn't enough to force a red wave, then nothing is. In the meantime they did win the house. And they have made huge gains in the latino and immigrant communities. Federal is where voters actually care, so it seems pretty unlikely for Democrats to retain the whitehouse.

Mediocre is still head and shoulders above their wildly incompetent opponents. I would've expected a good haul of seats for Republicans. More than anything this just screams that voters don't show up or care enough about midterms. But I haven't looked at any voter turnout data to verify.
    It’s because historically, republicans come out to vote during mid terms and presidents (especially dem presidents) usually get royally fucked in the midterms. Add in the fact that red states are very good at gerrymandering with two biggest blue states either getting their maps struck down or having an independent map drawing commission (NY and California), it really should have been a landslide especially with the economy the way it is. Here’s the last few:

2006 Dem Wave: Dems flip Senate+5, flip House +31

2010 GOP Wave: GOP gain Senate +6, flip House +63

2014 GOP Wave: GOP flip Senate +9, retain House +13

2018 Dem Wave: Dem lose Senate -2, flip House +41

At this point it’s looking like dems retain senate and House flipped to R with a small margin of 10ish. So again the theory is that with such a weak president, the only explanation is that many more young voters showed up because of the abortion issue.

I'd say that the traditional Republican idea that you can boost the economy is not applicable at this point in time. Some economic ideas only work when times are "good" forward looking and progressive. When times are shrinking, you actually want to duck for cover for a few years and minimize losses.

Roughly equivalent to: Don't try to hold a million dollar outdoor rock concert when it starts to rain.

Its just that the USA hasn't had very many "bad" times in the last several decades.
    Cocoa $11,000 per tonne.

https://www.cnn.com/election/2022/results/senate

Democrat looking like they might squeak by a senate majority. Crazyness.
    Cocoa $11,000 per tonne.

My Ride
    2019 Peterbilt

Quote Originally Posted by ZenOps View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/election/2022/results/senate

Democrat looking like they might squeak by a senate majority. Crazyness.
    Should have known when idiots like Shapiro and Rogan were predicting a red wave like a blood bath lol.
    MAGA = My Ass Got Arrested.

Beware the passive aggressive Mean Girls. Vengie, Killramos, Penismightier, buster, jrscoolude, etc who bully others into their circle jerk opinion, serially negging you, while claiming they ignore you and don't obsess over you.

PSA. High school is not a popularity contest little girls

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    No red wave. De sanctimonious should chill for 2024, or depends what trump does.

Senate run off in Georgia. Herschel walker is one wild dude lol
    Chappelle on SNL this weekend remarked that Walker is "observably stupid", which I feel is pretty accurate.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

That there were a few Republicans expressing their want for criminalization of abortion swayed a huge force of women to anger votes, and swayed almost no men to change theirs.

In politics, Roe V. Wade is political suicide either way.
    Cocoa $11,000 per tonne.

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

Quote Originally Posted by zechs View Post
    Ah yes, it's a loss when Republicans win everything. No different then in Canada when the Conservatives do really well/improve upon their last election results and they are called losers.

It is very close, either way Biden's administration's excesses will be curbed and that is all that matters.

My main concern is voter fraud. Shit is definitely fucked in Arizona.

All countries should require voting in person, with ID, on election day, unless extreme circumstances dictate otherwise (dying in hospital, deployed with military).
    Voter fraud is not that big of issue.
    in Georgia out of the 20 case case of fraud that they took to court the majority of cases voted republican, dont believe the hype... it is not a big issue.

and if you want voting in person on the day, the give everyone the day off with pay.. problem solved ...

What happened to "vote early, vote often"?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

If there's massive voter fraud, and one party knows about it, but somehow the other party is the one benefiting from it, then there's only one party that looks stupid in that scenario. More probable is that there is no significant level of voter fraud occurring or possible.

My Ride
    2019 Peterbilt

Quote Originally Posted by ZenOps View Post
    That there were a few Republicans expressing their want for criminalization of abortion swayed a huge force of women to anger votes, and swayed almost no men to change theirs.

In politics, Roe V. Wade is political suicide either way.
    Something so obvious, and the retardicans thought it was about gender or immigration.

Lol.

Orange buffoon followers so out of touch with reality.

One asshole on fox said "too many women are teaching our kids". Haha. Holy shit
    MAGA = My Ass Got Arrested.

Beware the passive aggressive Mean Girls. Vengie, Killramos, Penismightier, buster, jrscoolude, etc who bully others into their circle jerk opinion, serially negging you, while claiming they ignore you and don't obsess over you.

PSA. High school is not a popularity contest little girls

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast