Quantcast
Where should I have birthday dinner? - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 142

Thread: Where should I have birthday dinner?

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Cowtown
    My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5
    Posts
    6,014
    Rep Power
    38

    Default

    Go to Patricia, AB and cook it yourself haha. The hotel is an experience
    Ultracrepidarian

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Cowtown
    My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5
    Posts
    6,014
    Rep Power
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This thread is just a disappointing reminder of how poor Calgary's restaurant scene is. I've been everywhere listed (except Eight), and I'm just a blue collar, probably lower class, slob.

    Fly somewhere nice for dinner BB.
    Not sure if serious...but Calgary's food scene is pretty good and accessible.
    Ultracrepidarian

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Calgary AB Canada
    My Ride
    M5 Competition
    Posts
    3,065
    Rep Power
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Been there twice now. Food is really meh. The view isnít great either just because the corner where the restaurant sits faces buildings all around it.
    Whatís your go to restaurant?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by 93VR6 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My favourite restaurant in Calgary recently has been Carino, it's Japanese Italian fusion which on the surface sounds ridiculous but the food is amazing.

    https://www.eatcarino.com/

    I enjoyed it there.

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Calgary AB
    My Ride
    V8s
    Posts
    3,838
    Rep Power
    63

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Go to Patricia, AB and cook it yourself haha. The hotel is an experience
    Oh yeah, now we're talking.

    Name:  Screenshot 2022-11-25 084324.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  151.3 KB

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Nothingburger Hill
    My Ride
    Garbanzo Bean
    Posts
    11,756
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    Is that as good as the cook your own steak in Wayne AB?

  6. #46
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    S.E. (not the drrty south)
    My Ride
    Natural gas, and natural gas accessories
    Posts
    8,119
    Rep Power
    80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not sure if serious...but Calgary's food scene is pretty good and accessible.
    It is good and accessible. Literally just good though. Every time I've been out of town for somewhere actually known for it's food, it's been miles ahead of most of Calgary restaurants.

    For the record though, for some reason I thought this was a bavarianbeast thread, and it got me thinking how much more disappointing the food here must be to someone with at least 20x my wealth.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

  7. #47
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Hybrid
    Posts
    1,137
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not sure if serious...but Calgary's food scene is pretty good and accessible.
    He's saying it's too accessible, we need a Nusr Et.
    Originally posted by max_boost
    Hey baller, any problem money can solve is no problem at all. Don't sweat it.

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    ute
    Posts
    4,414
    Rep Power
    77

    Default

    Azure Ridge

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Cowtown
    My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5
    Posts
    6,014
    Rep Power
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is that as good as the cook your own steak in Wayne AB?
    Never tried that one. We stopped there for lunch, that place is also an experience haha.

    I still don't know how these cook your own steak places are able to pass health code, given that you cook your own steak.... But it's kinda fun. These seedy small town places are hilarious
    Ultracrepidarian

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    CTS-V Trackhawk
    Posts
    1,554
    Rep Power
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 90_Shelby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Check out Wilde, food is decent, and itís on the top floor of The Dorian downtown. This may or may not be appealing if you work downtown but you should be able to get a table unlike Major Tomís.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Been there twice now. Food is really meh. The view isnít great either just because the corner where the restaurant sits faces buildings all around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yea thatís literally the first good thing Iíve ever heard about Wilde

    Itís just a mediocre Major Tom ripoff

    I apologize, my recommendation was not clear therefore I will provide further context.

    From the Merriam - Webster dictionary:

    decent
    adjective
    de∑​cent ˈdē-sᵊnt

    4: fairly good : ADEQUATE, SATISFACTORY
    "decent wages"

    As for the view, it sure beats staring out at a parking lot and it may be unique to someone who doesn't work downtown.

    Name:  SaXQEnY.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  409.0 KB
    I like neat cars.

  11. #51
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Nothingburger Hill
    My Ride
    Garbanzo Bean
    Posts
    11,756
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    Seedy places are great.

  12. #52
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Cowtown
    My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5
    Posts
    6,014
    Rep Power
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It is good and accessible. Literally just good though. Every time I've been out of town for somewhere actually known for it's food, it's been miles ahead of most of Calgary restaurants.

    For the record though, for some reason I thought this was a bavarianbeast thread, and it got me thinking how much more disappointing the food here must be to someone with at least 20x my wealth.
    Yeah I hear ya. Our coffee scene is pretty darn good.

    But if Vegas has taught me anything, expensive =/= good all the time
    Ultracrepidarian

  13. #53
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    ute
    Posts
    4,414
    Rep Power
    77

    Default

    I disagree on Calgary having a bad food scene. It's one of the things Calgary has going for it.

    Calgary behind in Canada being one of the worst things about it.

  14. #54
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Calgary AB
    My Ride
    V8s
    Posts
    3,838
    Rep Power
    63

    Default

    TIL there's such thing as a coffee scene.

    I assume the cafes are surrounded by vintage-looking bicycles with leather growler holders attached to the crossbar, and full of the handlebar-moustached douchebags that ride them.

  15. #55
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Transnistria
    My Ride
    Exploded.
    Posts
    7,773
    Rep Power
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkane View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do they still place a pot of coffee on the table? Love that
    They do! I was just there a couple of days ago
    Doing It For the 'Gram

    I ain't worried 'bout it right now..

  16. #56
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lotus Land
    My Ride
    TL SHAWD,Camaro SS
    Posts
    3,064
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Go to Patricia, AB and cook it yourself haha. The hotel is an experience
    The idea of going out for dinner and cooking it yourself (Korean BBQ etc) as part of the experience doesn't appeal to me. Isn't the idea to relax, maybe put on a nice outfit and let someone else do the work?

    I can cook at home for much cheaper. And not come home smelling like smoke after tipping a server 18%+ for the total bill when all they did was bring drinks and show cleavage.

    Also second Chairman's, excellent experience/venue.
    Last edited by Hallowed_point; 11-25-2022 at 10:24 AM.

  17. #57
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Hybrid
    Posts
    1,137
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Never tried that one. We stopped there for lunch, that place is also an experience haha.

    I still don't know how these cook your own steak places are able to pass health code, given that you cook your own steak.... But it's kinda fun. These seedy small town places are hilarious
    Cook your own food isn't that unique... you also cook your own food at Korean BBQ or Hot pot places. Unless you actually go back into the kitchen in these places?

    Quote Originally Posted by bjstare View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    TIL there's such thing as a coffee scene.

    I assume the cafes are surrounded by vintage-looking bicycles with leather growler holders attached to the crossbar, and full of the handlebar-moustached douchebags that ride them.
    That sounds a lot more like the art room than any coffee shop I've been to in Calgary.
    Originally posted by max_boost
    Hey baller, any problem money can solve is no problem at all. Don't sweat it.

  18. #58
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6
    Posts
    3,023
    Rep Power
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flipstah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They do! I was just there a couple of days ago
    It’s a carafe.

    Come on, man.

    /biden

    - - - Updated - - -

    Do people hate Cattle Baron?

    Itís always good steak, a reliable joint - Sundance Location.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

    -H.P. Lovecraft

  19. #59
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Family Hauler
    Posts
    818
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I disagree on Calgary having a bad food scene. It's one of the things Calgary has going for it.

    Calgary behind in Canada being one of the worst things about it.
    Agreed with Buster.

    Lots of people here shit on Cowtown but then compare it to places 4-5x its size.

    Also Suntan I think for your Bday you should go for Brazilian BBQ. God damn I love B-BBQ

  20. #60
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    YYC
    Posts
    3,924
    Rep Power
    60

    Default

    Anyone else see an niche market for ExtraSlow to expand? Dinner and an art show.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Where to Have birthday dinner?

    By BC123 in forum Food and Dining
    Replies: 7
    Latest Threads: 09-06-2009, 09:58 PM
  2. birthday dinner free meals???

    By gtown in forum Food and Dining
    Replies: 7
    Latest Threads: 01-30-2006, 12:09 AM
  3. Free birthday dinner/dessert around town?

    By ricosuave in forum Food and Dining
    Replies: 21
    Latest Threads: 01-13-2005, 10:44 PM
  4. GF's Birthday dinner - where...

    By hatetank in forum Food and Dining
    Replies: 24
    Latest Threads: 05-28-2004, 06:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •