Quantcast
Lamborghini’s future cars - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Lamborghini’s future cars

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pet Peeve: an SMR is a Steam Methane Reformer, period. Team Nuke need to pick different letters...
    Ok boomer.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    WFR. Wicked fast reactor.
    Approved

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    One of the biggest drawback is how energy wasteful the whole process is. Sure, the convenience of keeping all our cars running is great, but when it costs an absurd amount of energy to create AND run on an ICE that's at best today 50% efficient using every hybrid tech thrown at it (Merc's F1 engine is 52% efficient), it's literally burning energy needlessly for the sake of carbon neutrality. I mean, if we have unlimited green energy, that's not that big of a deal, but we aren't there yet.

But, we can go vroom vroom. That's worth it haha.
    Let's not pretend that anything to do with useful energy consumption matters. The ashes of hydrogen combustion is water and we are dedicating billions (maybe trillions) of dollars globally to pay people (who already know better) to find a way to add energy back into those ashes and reform them into hydrogen fuel so that we can burn that fuel to get energy "because no carbons". We should all be in straight-jackets for entertaining this.

As long as someone can sell the story that the CO2 that is produced in any of these processes "goes somewhere safe" then that technology will continue. As long as Mining can sell the story that "tailings/leaching ain't so bad" and that haul trucks burning 50,000L/day* of diesel "ain't no thang" then batteries will continue to develop.

All anyone has to do is convince meek people without science degrees that their ideas are safe and best for the future children, etc. Quick virtue signal hashtag, slap on an orange t-shirt and start quadrupling production.

*50,000L/day of diesel burned in haul trucks is a real number from a project I have worked on.

My Ride
    ute

There are basically two cars I would actually consider buying right now:. Gt4 and z06.

But both of them sound like a pain to acquire.

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    There are basically two cars I would actually consider buying right now:. Gt4 and z06.

You should definitely buy one of those. Or both.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by bjstare View Post
    You should definitely buy one of those. Or both.
    I would need a much higher give a fuck factor. There are people with massive boners for those cars, whereas I have more like a semi. So they're gonna go to those guys.

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Let's not pretend that anything to do with useful energy consumption matters. The ashes of hydrogen combustion is water and we are dedicating billions (maybe trillions) of dollars globally to pay people (who already know better) to find a way to add energy back into those ashes and reform them into hydrogen fuel so that we can burn that fuel to get energy "because no carbons". We should all be in straight-jackets for entertaining this.

As long as someone can sell the story that the CO2 that is produced in any of these processes "goes somewhere safe" then that technology will continue. As long as Mining can sell the story that "tailings/leaching ain't so bad" and that haul trucks burning 50,000L/day* of diesel "ain't no thang" then batteries will continue to develop.

All anyone has to do is convince meek people without science degrees that their ideas are safe and best for the future children, etc. Quick virtue signal hashtag, slap on an orange t-shirt and start quadrupling production.

*50,000L/day of diesel burned in haul trucks is a real number from a project I have worked on.
    But wait, we can make that diesel from canola oil now pal!

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

True that.

The hilarious part about Synthetic Fuels, is however intensive H2 production is, that's required as 1/3 of the synthetic fuel production process.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Megun/Kyosho/965

Even "Entry" Lambo will be very expensive for us ... ~ 300K base, 400K loaded, close to 1/2M with Luxury tax/whatever tax !!

Those home alarm salesperson buying $80K Lambo day is gone ..
    The Original !

1234567, ¦hłŇ¦h±o

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Don’t be poor
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Toyota Christopher Lambert

Did someone have a stroke before writing the commentary for this commercial?

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post

Those are 2 that would be on my list as well - also the new Lotus Emira. That car is probably my favorite car of the last few years.

I had a co worker circa 2005 that had a Gallardo manual. I drove it several times when he had a few too many, and rode it for thousands of kms. That car was excellent, I'd be a +1 on anyone buying one of them, particularly the manual.

I really hope Lambo keeps the v10 and v12s going, adding electric motors = whatever to me, but if they pull a 296 and go to some V6 Hybrid power unit, I think it'll be massively unpopular no matter how fast it is. Sound is such a huge part of the driving experience IMO in performance cars.

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Quote Originally Posted by 2Legit2Quit View Post
    Did someone have a stroke before writing the commentary for this commercial?
    Haha my god is that cringey. This is the best one they did of the sterrato.

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Quote Originally Posted by Gman.45 View Post

I had a co worker circa 2005 that had a Gallardo manual. I drove it several times when he had a few too many, and rode it for thousands of kms. That car was excellent, I'd be a +1 on anyone buying one of them, particularly the manual.

I really hope Lambo keeps the v10 and v12s going, adding electric motors = whatever to me, but if they pull a 296 and go to some V6 Hybrid power unit, I think it'll be massively unpopular no matter how fast it is. Sound is such a huge part of the driving experience IMO in performance cars.
    I personally think a clean Gallardo 6sp will be worth over $350k in 5 years, they are great cars and the last manual "baby lambo". It was a poster car for a lot of the younger generations and when they come into money, they are all going to want one in my opinion.

I think we can count on Lamborghini not producing a V6 for a long time (unless for the URUS). They know what their consumers want and I don't think they are willing to throw it all away. I just hope this new V12 hybrid howls like the Aventador Ultimae/SVJ does and we'll find out in due time.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    I personally think a clean Gallardo 6sp will be worth over $350k in 5 years, they are great cars and the last manual "baby lambo". It was a poster car for a lot of the younger generations and when they come into money, they are all going to want one in my opinion.
    One glaring issue though…

Name:  A21A09F7-B55D-477B-9C31-01BEFD1A3FB5.gif
Views: 1024
Size:  4.42 MB

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

You mean like this?

Saw this 1992 Autozam AZ-1 on AutoTrader's iPhone app
    http://www.autotrader.ca/go/5-55563988

My Ride
    Summer car or work truck

That looks like it would be a RIOT!

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Man, who knew all those cheap JDMs would skyrocket like that

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    True that.

The hilarious part about Synthetic Fuels, is however intensive H2 production is, that's required as 1/3 of the synthetic fuel production process.

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

The first unveilings for North America were today for the Aventador replacement. Sounds like everyone who attended is over the moon with the car. People saying the hybrid tech is light years ahead of the competition and the styling is even crazier than the aventador. Sounds like it could be a really exciting car.

Looking forward to some actual leaks but it sounds like Lamborghini is pretty strict on their NDA’s and wouldn’t hesitate to blacklist anyone who does.. guess we’ll wait and see. The public unveiling is supposed to be the Geneva auto show in march.

My Ride
    ute

Ya, of course that's what came out of the event.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast