Quantcast
E-Bike for heavy broken peeps… - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: E-Bike for heavy broken peeps…

My Ride
    ute

im not much help here unfortunately, these arent the types of ebikes I use...

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    im not much help here unfortunately, these arent the types of ebikes I use...
    Well if I am being honest, I would have been stoked if I inspired you to do my research for me with your skillzzzz but I totally get it!

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

I love my radpower mini4, seems to skirt around pretty good and even at 230lbs it coasts around 35km/hr with minimal pedalling effort. They have the wagon that’s more durable as well if you wanted

Downside of fat bike is the noticeable drag of the tires if you do start to actually pedal more.
    Even a mid suspension with rear, locked out might help the back a bit?

I whipped around on my buddies ebike from MJM ebikes. Pretty solid bike and fun as fuck back on the logging roads. They have a fat tire model for around 3gs. Rollick in Black Diamond sells them and rents them.

My Ride
    '16 WRX, '23 CX-50

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Yeah, I’d say hard tail e-bike(non-fat)… could do a 27.5+ wheelset of you’re finding a lack of traction on regular 29” tires… fat bikes are just… not great

If you are hellbent on it though.. this one is sweet

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...ibextid=6ojiHh

My Ride
    *The First*

Exercise is hard and it sounds like that's your goal.
    I feel like fat tires and motors are not aligned with this goal.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    Fat tires are exhausting… motors are fine if you use eco, or 4x the distance

You'll be surprised how confidence inducing the tires today are and I'm talking 29 or 27.5 tires.

My advice is rent a few different ones. See what you like.
    Bow cycle, etc has them for rent.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    Fat tires are exhausting… motors are fine if you use eco, or 4x the distance
    This. Ebikes aren't for being lazy, they are for going farther

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    I hate excessive exercise, not going to lie… I am not looking to just go and get all crazy fit and shit. I just want to go have fun and get moving sort of thing. If I tried riding a normal bike doing what I want to do for fun, in 3 minutes I would be pissed off and not want to do it. I want to progressively and slowly improve while getting out and absolutely enjoying myself for real periods of time. The e-bike will help me do that.

I have a treadmill too I use regular but I am never going to be a runner. It is just so I can walk indoors when the whether is shitty. Just some nice light movement and makes me feel better about myself. Just moving is a massive improvement over the sedentary life I have led the least 15/20 years and it is good imho.
    Last edited by tirebob; 01-15-2023 at 09:43 PM.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
    I hate excessive exercise, not going to lie… I am not looking to just go and get all crazy fit and shit. I just want to go have fun and get moving sort of thing. If I tried riding a normal bike doing what I want to do for fun, in 3 minutes I would be pissed off and not want to do it. I want to progressively and slowly improve while getting out and absolutely enjoying myself for real periods of time. The e-bike will help me do that.
    this sounds like a great plan.

Dont forget that watching what you stick in the ol' pie hole is 90% of the battle...especially right now. If you haven't signed up for myfitnesspal, then do it. It can be a lifechanging habit...but starting out with it is a tricky habit.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    this sounds like a great plan.

Dont forget that watching what you stick in the ol' pie hole is 90% of the battle...especially right now. If you haven't signed up for myfitnesspal, then do it. It can be a lifechanging habit...but starting out with it is a tricky habit.
    Truth! I have actually made massive improvements in that area, especially over the last year. I fail often but I am good often enough too that I keep trending down in weight ever so slowly. Trying to not fad diet and just live more wisely than I did the day before as much as I can sorta deal.

My Ride
    ute

Truth! I have actually made massive improvements in that area, especially over the last year. I fail often but I am good often enough too that I keep trending down in weight ever so slowly. Trying to not fad diet and just live more wisely than I did the day before as much as I can sorta deal.
    you need to measure success and failure in a matter of weeks/months/years, not meal to meal.

The goal is averages and consistency.

Bob - My suggestion would be to head over to the r/ebikes over at reddit. There is a ton of helpful information there that will guide you into something that fits best for you. Last summer, I purchased a bike from Rad Runner. Personally, I would recommend them as their bikes are well made and the price is right. I think i was less than $2k shipped for a Rad Runner Plus. They have a few models of fat tire bikes that should suit your needs well.

I went with the Rad Runner for a few different reasons but i don't feel that it would suit your needs. Look at the RadRover 6.

My use case was that I HATE biking. Just hate it. I get my exercise in the gym so my goal is to the least effort as possible while on the two wheels. This is why i went with one that you could double on, has a more upright position and the updated computer with throttle only mode. I use mine to pull my toddler and spend time with my family, and for that its great for! That said, even though I hate biking, i spend much more time peddling than i had thought i would and its totally because of the assist. You can dial in effort but make it not...too hard.

Overall, reddit is your place as there are other brands that make quality bikes and a wealth of information on what parts are the best.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

There are companies that seem to be popular with the hunting community but again, they are upstarts. They use a lot of major name parts but I am still a bit leery of the China electrics. Maybe that is a bit silly though as I imagine even though the majors all have better name stuff, they are probably mostly China anyways…

https://quietkat.com/en-ca

https://www.biktrix.ca/pages/ebikes

https://rambobikes.ca/
    I don't know shit about fuck when it comes to ebikes but I do know that my friend's parents sold biktrix here for several years and although they no longer work there for some time now they still really like and believe in the product. To me that says something, I think they have +/- 5 years experience with them and more than that using them.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    TRD Pro

My Dad has one of these:

https://electricfatbikecompany.com/

EFB1000 STEP-OVER

Based out of Vernon BC I believe. He absolutely loves the thing and has had zero issues in 2 years.

My Ride
    2015 JGC SRT, 2011 Audi S5, MB CLS, 2015 HD RGS

Bob, call me to discuss, I was at your cross roads years ago and bought a Rize fat tire ebike, love it. I regularly ride 40-60km rides and even more in the winter time. The fat tire gives you the rolling resistance you need by adjusting tire pressure. I have put on 5000 km in the last year and a half. Perfect for the area you live in too.

My Ride
    Cayman, F150, Crosstour

Check power in motion in Eau Claire also. I bought a fat bike there once, and they are big into e-bikes and retrofits. I enjoy my fat bike for mindless winter commuting. Yes, not as efficient, but not as slow are you think once they are up to speed they maintain speed well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast