Quantcast
Last of Us (HBO Series) - Page 10 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Last of Us (HBO Series)

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Quote Originally Posted by bjstare View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I feel like I might be the only one, but I think this show went pretty downhill after the halfway point. Not like it was shitty, just didn’t live up to the standard set in the first half.
    I agree and maybe since I never played the games.. I felt the way they ended the last episode was rushed and felt quick. When it ended I openly said "that ended dumb"

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

The last 3 or 4 episodes were mostly 1:1 with the game storyline, minus the action. Almost lazy. I'll bet you can recut most of each episode with game content. Definitely a departure from how they approached the earlier episodes.

It's actually kinda frustrating watching the 2nd half having played the game. It felt even MORE rushed. They cut a lot of stuff out of the story that could've been relevant. That said, if you've never played the game and pick it up after watching the show, it's a fun play through with a lot more detail. If you're like me and like to play these games more for the story, there's a lot of infected grind in the game that gets a bit tiring. I just fire up the easiest mode and run past them to the next checkpoint.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Enjoyed it overall but yeah the last few episodes seemed so rushed. Like an entire episode as a backstory for a couple felt like nice depth building to the story but then 5 minutes for the final episode climactic scene. Not as bad at GoT but kinda felt same vibes where they just ran out of screen time / writing effort and rushed to wrap it up.

Seeing they shot in 140+ locations can't have been cheap with so much moving around. Surprised they didn't spend a tad more time in a few of the key story locations to build more story even if it diverges a bit from the game story line.

My Ride
    This and that.

I made the mistake of watching a summary of the game on YouTube and that has ruined the show for me to an extent.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Don’t watch part 2 game haha. Long time to hold out tho. 2 years or more. They’re talking about needing 2 seasons to cover part 2 of the game.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

The game releases on Steam EoM. I'm stoked
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    This and that.

Yea I don't plan to watch anymore Youtube videos on it. Thought I'd get ahead of the TV show but in retrospect it wasn't a great idea.

Now, Spoiler:
    I am just counting episodes until Joel gets killed off.

Rushing through the action/battles made the bond between Joel and Ellie less believable. They needed to go through more shit together.
    The game is so much better than the show.

For those who haven't played the Last of Us 2, yet are eager to see it on HBO in 2025 -

Spoiler:
    remember when the leftist gaming publications like PC G(L)amer all gushed about "how tender the transgender love scene was in it". BLarhvomitlblaaaah...if you want to see wtf they were talking about, advance to around 4:55 in this video on YT. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kenzGXQ7wAo

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    The game releases on Steam EoM. I'm stoked
    Hope you didn’t buy it. PC port is unplayable right now.

My Ride
    a tank

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Considered how much hype this was, very surprised. Like, dont they test this on multiple PCs before release? Someone on the test team is going get fired. RE4: Remake, which is another title I am excited for, nailed everything on launch
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

I pre-ordered it and it does sound like hot garbage. I haven't had time to load it up but it sounds like older driver versions play nice but TBD.

Given how RDR2 and GoW 2018 are, I'm pretty disappointed to hear about so many technical issues already but I don't have time to play regardless LOL
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by SilverRex View Post
    Considered how much hype this was, very surprised. Like, dont they test this on multiple PCs before release? Someone on the test team is going get fired. RE4: Remake, which is another title I am excited for, nailed everything on launch
    Considering uncharted 4 pc still has the same bugs 6 months after release, not surprised at all. It’s just comical that the same bugs are also present in TLOU pc release.

Naughty dog designs these games around PS hardware, probably lots of tricks that can’t translate to other platforms. Handing off to a 3rd party to do the port where the devs are nowhere near the levels of naughty dog devs, and this is what happens. My speculation anyways.

My Ride
    Toyota Christopher Lambert

Finally finished watching the show....I can't do week to week episode releases so I waited for the entire season to be done.

Really great show, quality video game to TV adaptation.

I had read and heard some people complaining about the lack of zombies or action at times before I watched the show, personally I thought it was fine. More so when I watched an interview with one of the Naughty Dog producers and a director of some of the episodes, they stated they wanted to make the action impactful for the TV show. If it was non stop killing zombies every episode, the action and killing would be more mundane and less of an impact to the viewer. I found the balance plenty fine and enjoyed the character development and back stories.

Great show, looking forward to season 2.

I have never played the games as I'm a PC gamer, not console but I already know how the series plays out with bits and pieces of the games/story. Does season 1 of the show align with video game 1 as far as where the season ends? Is that the end of the game in the first? If so I'll assume they're only going to make 2 seasons total then.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by 2Legit2Quit View Post
    I have never played the games as I'm a PC gamer, not console but I already know how the series plays out with bits and pieces of the games/story. Does season 1 of the show align with video game 1 as far as where the season ends? Is that the end of the game in the first? If so I'll assume they're only going to make 2 seasons total then.
    Too lazy to retype.

The last 3 or 4 episodes were mostly 1:1 with the game storyline, minus the action. Almost lazy. I'll bet you can recut most of each episode with game content. Definitely a departure from how they approached the earlier episodes.
    Part 2 of the game is going to split into 2 seasons. It's way too long for a single season coverage according to the producers and writers.

My Ride
    Toyota Christopher Lambert

okay cool, thanks for that info

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Part 2 of the game is going to split into 2 seasons. It's way too long for a single season coverage according to the producers and writers.
    Didn't Peter Jackson say the same thing about The Hobbit? Then proceeded to add a shit ton of non-Tolkein scenes.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Loaded up the game and played until the '20 years later'. No issues thankfully. Shaders took nearly 15 minutes to get setup, hopefully that's a one-time thing.

Edit: just noticed a new patch to install. Maybe that will help speed things up. Runs hot that's for sure and I have a really good setup. April can't come soon enough

Edit2: no shader building on new launch and went straight to gameplay. Thank God.
    Last edited by msommers; 03-29-2023 at 06:15 PM.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    rally pig

Quote Originally Posted by 2Legit2Quit View Post
    Finally finished watching the show....I can't do week to week episode releases so I waited for the entire season to be done.

Really great show, quality video game to TV adaptation.

I had read and heard some people complaining about the lack of zombies or action at times before I watched the show, personally I thought it was fine. More so when I watched an interview with one of the Naughty Dog producers and a director of some of the episodes, they stated they wanted to make the action impactful for the TV show. If it was non stop killing zombies every episode, the action and killing would be more mundane and less of an impact to the viewer. I found the balance plenty fine and enjoyed the character development and back stories.

Great show, looking forward to season 2.

same here, started watching S1 and enjoying it. tried playing the game on the ps3 but was giving me motion sickness so I never bothered finishing it.

hope they shoot S2 in Alberta again but rumor is that they might go to Vancouver

My Ride
    Trucks

Quote Originally Posted by taemo View Post
    same here, started watching S1 and enjoying it. tried playing the game on the ps3 but was giving me motion sickness so I never bothered finishing it.

hope they shoot S2 in Alberta again but rumor is that they might go to Vancouver
    I think the second game is in Portland, so that’s a safe bet.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 ... LastLast