Quantcast
Nicaragua Itinerary, has anyone been - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Nicaragua Itinerary, has anyone been

My Ride
    2007 4Runner

Default Nicaragua Itinerary, has anyone been

Hey guys,

The gf and I are going to Nicaragua March 28 to April 14, flying in and out if Liberia. We're not spending much time in CR as we've been there before and did everything that we wanted to do. Wondering if anyone has any advice, recommendations, tips, must do's etc. Thanks in advance.

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

After a 5 day bachelor party down there my wife came down and met me for a week. We stayed in a cool little Airbnb on the hil in the south end San Juan del sur, had a plunge pool for a balcony. Sunday pool crawls there if they are a thing still? Party at naked tiger was fun.

Then we went to omotepe, did touristy Shit, zip line, butterfly sanctuary rent a quad rip around the island hike the south volcano to a water fall etc..

Been a couple years can’t even remember what else we did. I think I was in rough shape the first couple Days when she got there… haha

Edit: part of the stag we rented a whole yoga/surf retreat out. That was a nice spot if you’re looking to chill, north of San Juan Buena Vista surf club above playa madera
    Last edited by JfuckinC; 01-23-2023 at 12:37 AM.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

My buddy used to have a place in Playa El Coco so I've spent a lot of time in Nicaragua, granted, usually chilling out with locals from his area.

San Juan del Sur is a touristy town but good to hang out. Some good surf in the area. You might find tours to watch the turtles come in and lay their eggs which might be nice if you've never seen it but I prefer to just let them be. There was a craft brewery in SJDS last time I was there run by a couple Canadian dudes - it's been a while so not sure if it's still around.

Ometepe is good to explore. We climbed up to a lake at Volcan Maderas and stayed at some Eco Resort there.

Granada is a beautiful town.

Drink lots of cheap Flor de Cana Rum.

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Beautiful country, tons of cool spots like Ometepe (already mentioned) but make your plans assuming not one single person speaks english. You'll be better prepared if you do it that way.

My Ride
    Cup of Tea

Quote Originally Posted by JfuckinC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    After a 5 day bachelor party down there my wife came down and met me for a week. We stayed in a cool little Airbnb on the hil in the south end San Juan del sur, had a plunge pool for a balcony. Sunday pool crawls there if they are a thing still? Party at naked tiger was fun.

Then we went to omotepe, did touristy Shit, zip line, butterfly sanctuary rent a quad rip around the island hike the south volcano to a water fall etc..

Been a couple years can’t even remember what else we did. I think I was in rough shape the first couple Days when she got there… haha

Edit: part of the stag we rented a whole yoga/surf retreat out. That was a nice spot if you’re looking to chill, north of San Juan Buena Vista surf club above playa madera
    Naked Tiger is still alive? I stayed there when it first opened and was just a house filled with bunk beds, had a lot of fun there. San Juan/Playa Maderas was my favorite spot, just be careful and watch your stuff. Nicaragua seemed more dangerous than Costa Rica.