Quantcast
2023 f1 - Page 14 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 14 of 49 FirstFirst ... 4 13 14 15 24 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 f1

My Ride
    This and that.

Quote Originally Posted by JordanEG6 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would just chalk it up to typical Dutch behavior/attitude. Alot of which may seem overly cavalier and/or arrogant. I know a couple Dutch folks (hell, alot of FOB European people as well) who never beat around the bush or sugar coat anything and may seem unfriendly, but that's just who they are. Doesn't mean they are shitty people. However, for the sake of face and participating in a sport where sportsmanship matters, I do agree that Jos should just suck it up and show up for the cameras, but then it wouldn't be in Dutch fashion lol.

That being said, I still don't like Jos or Marko, they IMO are the ones who make RBR look bad. Max, I don't mind, don't hate him but he isn't my favorite. It would be a different story if everyone else on the grid, other than LH hated him. But based on what I see from the rest of the grid, Max seems more likeable within his peer group than Lewis is. The only one I think LH actually likes and vibes with is Seb and Valterri.
    Max grew up racing with Lando, GR, Lelerc etc. so it's natural that they are closer to him than they are to LH as he's obviously older and not as close to them. Didn't LH invited all the drivers for a party for Vettel's retirement last year and I think the bill was $30K or something which Lewis paid for everyone. Anyway, yea I agree LH wasn't the 'cleanest' when he was younger and had attitude about him as well and maybe he's humbled over the years as Max might also as he gets older. But yea, it's the arrogant behaviour that I am not a big fan of and I guess to some degree when you work your ass of to get to this level (1 of 20 people in the world), it's natural to have some form of arrogance.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    Max grew up racing with Lando, GR, Lelerc etc. so it's natural that they are closer to him than they are to LH as he's obviously older and not as close to them. Didn't LH invited all the drivers for a party for Vettel's retirement last year and I think the bill was $30K or something which Lewis paid for everyone. Anyway, yea I agree LH wasn't the 'cleanest' when he was younger and had attitude about him as well and maybe he's humbled over the years as Max might also as he gets older. But yea, it's the arrogant behaviour that I am not a big fan of and I guess to some degree when you work your ass of to get to this level (1 of 20 people in the world), it's natural to have some form of arrogance.
    The lowest (non-rookie) paid F1 driver is 3 mill, and the top 10 are all 6 mill going up to Lewis at 35 and Max at 55 mill. Pretty sure any of them would've picked up the bill just for the media points.

LH has been getting more whiney the past two seasons but I fully agree LH is better than Max without a doubt. Max definitely has a lot of arrogance to him and needs to grow up.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Max has always been a piece of work.

Lewis is only sometimes annoying.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

These are drivers at the top of the sport. Competitively speaking if they’re not assholes looking for every edge, they wouldn’t be at the top. Lewis just has a better PR side to him to be more likable, and Max DGAF.

I have nothing against Max, he did what the rules and fia interpretation allowed him to do during the dirty driving days, so if anything I’m more upset that fia doesn’t interpret the rules evenly for the show. Same with Jos, if I was a f1 dad I’d be just as intense as him. If you ain’t first you’re last haha.

I just don’t like rbr, particularly Marko and Horner. They borderline bring the sport into disrepute year after year across multiple generations of lead drivers. They’ll use public opinion in an argument or ruling that favors them, but as soon as it’s the other way around and argue the opposite. It’s the Elon Musk and Donald Trump tactics of using public opinion minions to sway what are supposed to be clear cut rules. Trickles down into discussion forums, huge levels of toxity and just can’t have a nice chat about the sport anymore.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    This and that.

So in essence; we all hate RBR/Marko/Horner/Max/Jos but for different reasons.

I am fine with that.

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

max will likely go down as one of the greatest drivers, but haters will say it's the car just like they do for lewis. i just want to see good racing i don't care who wins, i do enjoy alonso being at the front and having a good time.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    So in essence; we all hate RBR/Marko/Horner/Max/Jos but for different reasons.

I am fine with that.
    And everyone else who’s an rbr fan is a minion who has a high chance of being at least an Elon fan.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by danno View Post
    max will likely go down as one of the greatest drivers, but haters will say it's the car just like they do for lewis. i just want to see good racing i don't care who wins, i do enjoy alonso being at the front and having a good time.
    Nobody is debating max isn’t a good driver. Fake news.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Can't we all enjoy that Alonso is having a good time and Daddy Stroll bought a nice car for both him and Stroll Jr.?

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Quote Originally Posted by flipstah View Post
    Can't we all enjoy that Alonso is having a good time and Daddy Stroll bought a nice car for both him and Stroll Jr.?
    Now Daddy Stroll just needs to buy Mercedes so that Jr. can have a reliable energy recovery system.

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Max is a prick but he is an unreal driver. I'm sure people thought Jordan was a bit of a prick back in the day too. Not saying Max is MJ but... at this pace he can easily become top 5 F1 drivers all time imo.

One thing we can all agree on, is McLaren is fucking terrible. Ricciardo must be absolutely LOVING this year. Laughing even more than normal

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

Ya Mclaren is terrible. Not sure what happened to lando at the end but he let Oscar pass then Oscar got another postion. I was hoping lando would smoke him this year.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Nothing more exciting than fighting for P16 or whatever

The Yuki scream was hilarious for P10

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Quote Originally Posted by riander5 View Post
    One thing we can all agree on, is McLaren is fucking terrible. Ricciardo must be absolutely LOVING this year. Laughing even more than normal
    I haven't checked the data... is their car actually worse this year than last year?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by davidI View Post
    I haven't checked the data... is their car actually worse this year than last year?
    Nope. It’s faster. Everyone else has made way bigger gains.

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

There isnt a Champ that isnt a real asshole. Nico learned that after being beat for 3 years.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Team_Mclaren View Post
    There isnt a Champ that isnt a real asshole. Nico learned that after being beat for 3 years.
    2 come to mind in my years of watching. Kimi and Mika.

Kimi pretty much lucked into his championship when McLaren self destructed doing dumb ass shit in 2007. Mika arguably had amazing cars, but more car than driver. Won both his championships in prime Adrian Newey McLaren's, and barely too. Lots of small mistakes that cost him, and almost lost to Irvine in his 2nd championship. If it wasn't for MS breaking his leg that year, Mika would only be a 1x WDC. And if he had a better teammate, maybe even none. DC was so mediocre.

Some would argue Button isn't an asshole, but he's like Lewis today. Good with PR, but tenacious/asshole behind the scenes.

My Ride
    Z

Kimi had some BAD luck too though in other seasons
    Z32 TT
    1996 Integra - winter beater with studs - RIP (deer)
    2002 WRX - to be sold
    2010 sti - winter

My Ride
    95B

Major changes at McLaren.
    James Key is out and David Sanchez in.

My Ride
    Toyota Christopher Lambert

RIP McLaren this and next year.

Piastri must be loving life with his choice

Page 14 of 49 FirstFirst ... 4 13 14 15 24 ... LastLast