Quantcast
2023 f1 - Page 30 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 30 of 49 FirstFirst ... 20 29 30 31 40 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 f1

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Shockingly entertaining race for Zandvoort, mixed conditions rule. Tough for Sargeant, looked like his steering failed and there was no way of saving it at that speed.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Quote Originally Posted by davidI View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fun Quali. Shame about Daniel's luck in practice though...

McLaren & Williams looking strong - hopefully they have race pace to keep it interesting Sunday as well.

Russell and Sainz both looking stronger than they're generally given credit for as well.

Apologies in advance to those in the Grid Rivals pool - I selected VER-NOR-PIA-RUS-ALB so they qualified 1-4 & 8th, my best result yet. It would be amazing if they finish 1-5!

Also, Perez retiring in 2024 to be with his kids. You heard it here first.
    I didn't have a bad outing with ALO-GAS-PER.

I set mine on Thursday and forgot I had RIC too. Ended up with an empty spot instead. My TSU choice didn't really pan out, though I was surprised I didn't have ALB because I usually choose him based on the value.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Only thing dragging down my rival team is Mclarens shit strategy. Sucks to see what could’ve been a huge weekend for them lost with some poor calls. At least I got some positive contract value this week though.

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    Mclarens shit strategy. Sucks to see what could’ve been a huge weekend for them lost with some poor calls.
    This, It was totally fucking stupid to not split the strategy at the beginning. They got greedy AF trying to wait out the rain and stuck both drivers on softs. By the time Norris pits, there was no chance. They had the pace too if it was a dry race, what a wasted opportunity.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Quote Originally Posted by sexualbanana View Post
    I didn't have a bad outing with ALO-GAS-PER.

I set mine on Thursday and forgot I had RIC too. Ended up with an empty spot instead. My TSU choice didn't really pan out, though I was surprised I didn't have ALB because I usually choose him based on the value.
    They automatically subbed in Liam for RIC, which would have outperformed my change to Russell

McLaren absolutely dogged it on strategy.

And even if LeClerc came in last minute how in the hell was the garage not ready with inters when it's pissing rain?

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

They automatically subbed in Liam for RIC, which would have outperformed my change to Russell

McLaren absolutely dogged it on strategy.

And even if LeClerc came in last minute how in the hell was the garage not ready with inters when it's pissing rain?
    Did they? Because my spot was completely empty and I added him the same time as everyone else.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Yea, I actually dropped Liam, not Ricciardo. They automatically replaced Ric and there was a little "sub" icon with Liam's photo.

Maybe it's because I had him under contract though... if you only had him for the single race then perhaps it went empty since there was no contract?

My Ride
    Touareg, Cayenne, 944s

I'm surprised everyone went with inters. There was so much talk about the rain being super heavy that I thought the extremes made the most sense.
    This is one of my pet peeves with F1 right now. There is no use for full wet tires. The inters are so good, that by the time its raining hard enough for the extreme wet, the race is red flagged. Everyone knows this, so I was shocked to see Perez actually pit for the full wet. The full wet only gets used when it's mandated for the rain start behind the safety car, then you get off them as soon as possible. They need a 'damp' tire and just make the inters the full wet tire.

I'm surprised to see teams try to get ahead of the weather as that strategy almost never works. Be on the best tire for the current conditions, not the conditions you wish it was or think it will be in a few laps even if it requires a pit stop.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Quote Originally Posted by JustinL View Post
    This is one of my pet peeves with F1 right now. There is no use for full wet tires. The inters are so good, that by the time its raining hard enough for the extreme wet, the race is red flagged. Everyone knows this, so I was shocked to see Perez actually pit for the full wet. The full wet only gets used when it's mandated for the rain start behind the safety car, then you get off them as soon as possible. They need a 'damp' tire and just make the inters the full wet tire.

I'm surprised to see teams try to get ahead of the weather as that strategy almost never works. Be on the best tire for the current conditions, not the conditions you wish it was or think it will be in a few laps even if it requires a pit stop.
    I think it was Ocon that pit for full wet, no?

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

I think it was Ocon that pit for full wet, no?
    Ocon went straight to wets. Max went inters then to wets and did one lap before red flag. Perez went inters to west but then redflag while he was in the pits

My Ride
    Touareg, Cayenne, 944s

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    Ocon went straight to wets. Max went inters then to wets and did one lap before red flag. Perez went inters to west but then redflag while he was in the pits
    Yea, that's right. Max had enough of a gap, that he stayed 1st. Ocon "This is the worst decision ever guys!" dropped from 5th to 11th. Perez went to 6th, but got it back to 3rd because of the timing of the red flag.

My Ride
    Grimace

Very fun race with the changing conditions. Lap 1 was wild with the amount of rain.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

I think had it not been for the red flag, Ocon probably would've jumped a lot of drivers. I personally thought it was the right call and they got unlucky.

My Ride
    Touareg, Cayenne, 944s

I think had it not been for the red flag, Ocon probably would've jumped a lot of drivers. I personally thought it was the right call and they got unlucky.
    I guess we'll never know I think they would have red flagged the race for "visibility" even if Zhou hadn't stuffed it.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

I guess we'll never know I think they would have red flagged the race for "visibility" even if Zhou hadn't stuffed it.
    I don't think you're wrong though that the window between using extremes and a race getting red flagged seems very narrow.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Figure this would be better appreciated here than in the Bourbon thread...

Name:  PXL_20230913_132029030.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  156.5 KB

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I've found that in Ontario but haven't seen it in Calgary. Have you seen it anywhere?
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

I bought it through Amazon in Spain. I don't usually drink JD #7 anymore as I like their Rye, Bonded and Single Barrel stuff but it will look good on my shelf - just been to find the Bowmore Aston Martin bottles for a decent price now

I might actually watch this race just to see if RBR doesn't win 100% of the races this season.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Didn’t set my f1 lineup. RIP

Page 30 of 49 FirstFirst ... 20 29 30 31 40 ... LastLast