Quantcast
Experience with B-Pro Auto JDM? - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Experience with B-Pro Auto JDM?

My Ride
    Cayman

Quote Originally Posted by Proyecto2000 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I messaged Brian this morning to get a JDM LHD summer toy as well. So glad to see this thread and that he is recommended!
    Just wanted to update this thread and say that Daniel and Brian at B Pro have been awesome to work with. We looked at a few Cayman S models in the last 7 weeks that hit the auctions, they lined up additional inspections and they founds wear that I did not want to deal with so ended up paying extra (over auction prices) and got a Cayman S from a Porsche dealer instead.

Now I just gotta wait for it to arrive in a few weeks!

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Just wanted to update this thread and say that Daniel and Brian at B Pro have been awesome to work with. We looked at a few Cayman S models in the last 7 weeks that hit the auctions, they lined up additional inspections and they founds wear that I did not want to deal with so ended up paying extra (over auction prices) and got a Cayman S from a Porsche dealer instead.

These are all LHD? Or RHD?

What gen?

Congrats!

You're getting your car in a few weeks? Do you know for certain?

I have to say that so far my experience has been lackluster. I paid for my truck in full on February 4th. Received additional pictures of it on March 6th (which would have been nice to have before buying, but I didn't know that this was even an option). Haven't heard from them since. I have no idea where the truck is or when it's getting here. The communication so far I'd say has been pretty poor. I did e-mail them at the beginning of March looking for an estimated arrival date and the response I got was "When we know, you'll know". It's April 11th now, so I'm going to assuming it's still sitting in Japan somewhere.
    Last edited by S-FLY; 04-11-2023 at 11:08 AM.

My Ride
    Cayman

Quote Originally Posted by S-FLY View Post
    You're getting your car in a few weeks? Do you know for certain?

I have to say that so far my experience has been lackluster. I paid for my truck in full on February 4th. Received additional pictures of it on March 6th (which would have been nice to have before buying, but I didn't know that this was even an option). Haven't heard from them since. I have no idea where the truck is or when it's getting here. The communication so far I'd say has been pretty poor. I did e-mail them at the beginning of March looking for an estimated arrival date and the response I got was "When we know, you'll know". It's April 11th now, so I'm going to assuming it's still sitting in Japan somewhere.
    I would say that my communication has been 50% on phone and 50% email so far. On the photos, I had them send additional photos by 3rd party inspectors on the 2 auction cars that I was interested in but due to oil leaks I passed on them.
    So I went after 2 cars at dealerships (more money than auctions) and they had the dealerships send additional photos and then I paid the fee for an inspector to go in person to verify the service records and check for oil leaks on the one car that I liked the best.
    After all that I paid for my car in full March 30. Car listing was removed from all of the car sale websites that I had found it on within 2 days of payment and I was told that it was being picked up from the dealership in Tokyo to be taken to the shipping yard right away.
    On ETA I was told that it would sit at the yard until the next boat had enough cars destined for Vancouver which they figured was going to be in 4-5 weeks for the boat to depart. 2 weeks for it to arrive and be unloaded and 1 week for it to clear customs and be delivered to Calgary so they were figuring 3rd or 4th week of May. I hope that is the case as the summer driving season is so short

btw I saw on the bpro instagram that they had a 10 vehicle carrier with 3 mini trucks on it heading to Alberta today and itz.bradd had a post last week of another car carrier heading to AB. Hopefully I will see my car on one of their IG stories next month
    Last edited by Proyecto2000; 04-11-2023 at 09:59 PM.

I'd say at this rate, both of our vehicles will be on the same boat. Will update the thread once I get a vessel name.

My Ride
    '05 Subaru LGT wagon (5MT)

One of my old employees imported/imports piles of cars and has used both B-Pro and Zen. He has a mix of RHD JDM, Euro RHD, Euro LHD cars and for the higher end stuff he seems to use Zen more often. I think their pre-purchase inspection stuff is a little more thorough and they don't take on as many clients so communication is a little better. I haven't imported a car but I have spoken to Zen extensively, and had them do some mechanical work on my car, and would expect a relatively smooth transaction, although I think they cost more than B-Pro. Just another option to think about.

Update: The response I got was that they're having issues with logistics. The last boat they had 40 vehicles booked but at the last minute they were only given 7 spots. 33 vehicles got bumped to the next boat but they're unsure if some will be bumped again. He said there's another 100 vehicles behind these 33 that are waiting to come over that don't have a spot on a boat yet.

Bought a Kei truck! Got an HA7 Honda Acty mini truck to boot around town and for utility. Can't wait!
    Congrats!

How much did it end up costing you? Been interested in importing one. PM if you don’t want to post price. Thanks

My Ride
    Cayman

Update: The response I got was that they're having issues with logistics. The last boat they had 40 vehicles booked but at the last minute they were only given 7 spots. 33 vehicles got bumped to the next boat but they're unsure if some will be bumped again. He said there's another 100 vehicles behind these 33 that are waiting to come over that don't have a spot on a boat yet.
    oh great

My Ride
    Cayman

any update on yours shipping? They told me that mine might be on the next boat so maybe late june / july delivery if it makes it in.

Received this last week:

Date: May 2, 2023 at 5:51:34 PM MDT
    To: B-Pro Auto JDM Imports <[email protected]>
    Cc: Brian Stephenson <[email protected]>
    Subject: Current Shipping Delays

Hello,

Hope you're having a great day.

If you haven't been notified that your vehicle is on a vessel yet, there have been some shipping delays which are out of our control, and we just wanted to keep you in the loop.

Last month we had about 40 bookings for a vessel with the shipping line, and usually that translates to all 40 vehicles being shipped. Unfortunately most of the units were bumped to the next boat, except for only 7 units that made it on.

There has been minimal allocation on the vessels for used vehicle RoRo shipments, and limited boats as well compared to normal.

The main port in Japan is full - so full that we started shipping cars to the overflow yard in Japan, which is also filling up. Everyone is pressuring the ocean shipping line to charter more boats and allocate more space for used Japanese vehicles. The issue ultimately is that all ports on the west coast (including Vancouver) are so backlogged, that shipping lines are limiting their volume, otherwise they float in the water offshore for a long time waiting for their turn to unload.

Our average times quoted have historically been fairly accurate, except for some delays around COVID when shipping and supply chains were disrupted for everything. Up until recently it's been fine, but it's been really frustrating waiting for boats and spaces to ship the vehicles from Japan to Vancouver, being told we have some bookings, and then having them not make the boat. We're bugging them daily, but there's only so much we can do.

Rest assured, it will come, and we doing all we can, but short of owning our own freight ship, I'm at the mercy of the shipping lines, like everyone else.

Because of the delays, we have been pressuring our contacts in Japan, the logistics companies and the ports for any information we can pass along, and requesting ideas for anything that we can do to help expedite the next few shipments of vehicles. As soon as any information is provided, we will pass it along to you.

Thanks for sticking with us, and we appreciate your patience.

--
    B-Pro Auto JDM Imports

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Ports are fuck
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Anyone on here work with ports or sea shipping who can comment?
    A quick google search shows the Port of Vancouver actually publishes some interesting data and reports which shows "Current Month Average of Vessels at Anchor: 2.33 days" and "Average Dwell Days" trending downwards (https://www.portvancouver.com/wp-con...el-Line-up.pdf), but maybe that's a result of shipping lines limiting volume? I don't work in this industry, so I have no idea.

Beyond group buy of RoRo shipping vessel? We can call the company: "RoRo Row Your Boat"

Someone remind me never to try and import a car from Japan again.

Subject: Current Shipping Delays - May Update

Hello,

We have been waiting for the past couple of vessels to send out an update on orders. Recently the Green Bay and Green Cove had been scheduled to arrive in Japan. While they did take some vehicles, there were only about 10 taken for each boat.

To continue the bad luck for some, the Green Bay had some mechanical issues while in Japan that delayed those vehicles even more.

From what we can see, there are a few more boats that will service Japan to Canada. The first couple are the Iris Ace and the Luna Spirit. Some vehicles have been indicated they will be on those vessels, but we don't want to count those chickens until they are crossing the street / ocean.

There are two other boats publicly scheduled for June (vessel names TBD), but there are others that are often not on public schedules.

Thanks for hanging in there! A number of you will likely be contacted in a week or so as the ETD for those vessels are May 29 and May 31.

--
    B-Pro Auto JDM Imports

My Ride
    This and that.

Yea this game is not for the impatient, hence why I never bothered going that route.

My Ride
    Cayman

I am totally feeling the same way as you. Last week I received a couple photos of my car in between a bunch of other cars with a big ship in the background. At this point I just hope that it shows up before winter

My Ride
    Family Hauler

How long you looking at total?

Quote Originally Posted by riander5 View Post
    How long you looking at total?
    Total? No idea. But I paid for the truck in full on February 4th and still no word if it's on a boat yet.

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Total? No idea. But I paid for the truck in full on February 4th and still no word if it's on a boat yet.
    Brutal, one more question - what was your original ETA for receiving the vehicle?

My Ride
    VW R32 Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by riander5 View Post
    Someone buy a god damn DC5 integra type R

What is it like driving right side? RHD might scare me off right from the outset...
    Fun in Perth Australia, and Hokkaido Japan.

Completely pleb nonse in North America.
    Originally posted by sputnik
    Cell providers are the next Blockbuster video stores.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast