Quantcast
Experience with B-Pro Auto JDM? - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Experience with B-Pro Auto JDM?

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Quote Originally Posted by cam_wmh View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fun in Perth Australia, and Hokkaido Japan.

Completely pleb nonse in North America.
    Calm your tits and update your 'what I drive'

So everyone knows it isnt nearly as cool anymore

They estimated end of April, early May.

B-Pro Auto JDM Imports
    2:03 PM (5 hours ago)
    to B-Pro, bcc: me

Hi there, hope you're having a wonderful day!

The time has come to have another update on the shipping situation.

There's still a backlog at the ports in Vancouver (and all of west-coast USA too for that matter). Here's a newsletter from the region that shows they're in the middle of doing upgrades to the port, as well as more information right from the Port of Vancouver.

Some clients have also asked about in what position in line are their vehicles, so here's a YouTube video explaining how RoRo ships are designed. In short, some decks are fixed, and some are movable, but it all depends on the mix of vehicles and cargo being booked, all 100% not in our control.

If your car is shipped out can also depend on which port in Japan it's at, and if there are vessels going to that port. There's a number of different ports in Japan, and which a vehicle is shipped to is often dependent on what auction house it came from.

That's all to say there isn't a set line or order for getting vehicles shipped, and there are still issues to get vehicles shipped.

We have just recently been told we have a couple of dozen vehicles being shipped out on the Hestia Leader and Sirius Leader. Only a few made it on the Luna Spirit and Iris Ace, and a couple of dozen also on the Green Bay and Green Cove - when normally there could be 50-100 in a shipment. Some partners in Japan tell us earlier than others when a vehicle is scheduled for a boat, so there's a chance a couple more could be scheduled for Hestia or Sirius.

Currently, there's a to-be-announced vessel leaving this week in addition to the Hestia and Sirius, and another next week. Hopefully, we'll get more details soon.

Also, the Vancouver port top manager had a phone call with us recently and said for sure everything will be more free-flowing by August, but we're doing absolutely everything in our power to get deliveries ironed out now. We're pressuring the exporters and shipping lines daily.

Our agents in Japan have been instructed to check for all options, including shipping vehicles to a different port if there are openings on other vessels. Container shipping is typically a longer, more expensive journey than RoRo (especially during COVID when rates went up 10x), but is relatively back to its normal now - and we have been requesting quotes for using containers instead of Ro-Ro boats. It's been a long process, but hopefully, we will have some numbers or dates to send out soon.

We are trying our best, and we will keep you updated as we get more information.
    All importers are in the "same boat" - no pun intended.

We just want you to know we really value you as a customer and how patient you've been. Just looping you in. The bottom line, is we're on it, and doing everything humanly possible here. Rest assured it will come as soon as physically possible.

Thanks a ton, have a great day.

--
    B-Pro Auto JDM Imports
    And the wait continues...

My Ride
    This and that.

They make it sound like they're bringing hordes of vehicles over....'couple of dozen' coming here, 'couple of dozen' coming there.

Did you check velocity cars in BC? All their inventory is landed and on hand.
    Last edited by shakalaka; 06-07-2023 at 07:47 PM.

I didn't because at the time (February) I figured this was a cheaper and better route and to be honest, I never heard of Velocity.
    I'm not sure why they're referencing the Green Bay or the Green Cove in their e-mail. Neither of those vessels made port calls in Canada.

My Ride
    Cayman

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    They make it sound like they're bringing hordes of vehicles over....'couple of dozen' coming here, 'couple of dozen' coming there.

Did you check velocity cars in BC? All their inventory is landed and on hand.
    Are there any other reputable imports besides BPro, Jorojin and Velocity? Despite all the delays and going against my better judgement I would contemplate another LHD import but this time an SUV so that I can use it year round.

My Ride
    This and that.

Quote Originally Posted by Proyecto2000 View Post
    Are there any other reputable imports besides BPro, Jorojin and Velocity? Despite all the delays and going against my better judgement I would contemplate another LHD import but this time an SUV so that I can use it year round.
    There's these guys as well that I am familiar with;

https://jdmconnection.ca

He has this FTO on hand which I am seeing listed for a while now so maybe he will accept an aggressive offer.

https://jdmconnection.ca/inventory/1...ubishi-fto-gr/

My Ride
    General Motors Competizione

Quote Originally Posted by S-FLY View Post
    And the wait continues...
    Can I get a job there? It sounds amazing. "Hey, that thing you bought, it's stuck where there's fuck all we can do about it so don't expect anything from us. Thanks for the money though, we definitely love spending it."
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

My Ride
    Cayman

Well I just got an email that my car made it on to a boat and should be here in 3-4 weeks

S-Fly did you get an email for yours?
    Last edited by Proyecto2000; 06-09-2023 at 09:15 AM.

Nothing yet and I'm annoyed because I bought mine from "inventory" months before yours.

Well I just got an email that my car made it on to a boat and should be here in 3-4 weeks

S-Fly did you get an email for yours?
    Have you also been receiving the shipping update e-mails that I've been receiving?

My Ride
    Cayman

Quote Originally Posted by S-FLY View Post
    Have you also been receiving the shipping update e-mails that I've been receiving?
    Yup I got all of those emails as well. Do you know what port your car is sitting at?

They sent me photos of the shipping location and the shipping stickers that were on my car upon my request as I was concerned of having damn near $40k just sitting in a location unknown to me.
    I figured that having all of that info would help me in the event that I had to search for my car if something were to happen with their business or what not.

Not a sweet clue. Again, the communication for me has been lackluster.

My Ride
    This and that.

Yup I got all of those emails as well. Do you know what port your car is sitting at?

They sent me photos of the shipping location and the shipping stickers that were on my car upon my request as I was concerned of having damn near $40k just sitting in a location unknown to me.
    I figured that having all of that info would help me in the event that I had to search for my car if something were to happen with their business or what not.
    What is it that you're importing for $40K? If you're sharing the info. that is.

I thought the whole point of importing from Japan was to get a cheap-ass vehicle to boot around and not give a crap in, but $40K is obviously not that so just curious.

My Ride
    Cayman

What is it that you're importing for $40K? If you're sharing the info. that is.

I thought the whole point of importing from Japan was to get a cheap-ass vehicle to boot around and not give a crap in, but $40K is obviously not that so just curious.
    Picked up an optioned out, low mileage, Cayman S from a Porsche dealer (i didnt do the cheaper auction route) and currently considering a G wagon if I can get some sort of guarantee that I will get the car in 6-8 weeks.

You can pick up some decently priced (way lower than Kijiji) LHD Aston Martins and Ferraris out there as well.
    Last edited by Proyecto2000; 06-12-2023 at 03:34 PM.

My Ride
    This and that.

Oh I've definitely thought about G Wagons I've seen on those sites here and there. But Cayman S sounds like it might not be a bad option. As long as you go the LHD route as I wouldn't spend anything more than 10K on a RHD vehicle as I don't believe you'd get a return in Canada for that. But LHD might not be a bad flip after you've owned and enjoyed the vehicle for a while. And I think we'd be kidding ourselves if we think we can get anyting within 6-8 weeks from there based on the emails posted above. Haha.

My Ride
    Cayman

Oh I've definitely thought about G Wagons I've seen on those sites here and there. But Cayman S sounds like it might not be a bad option. As long as you go the LHD route as I wouldn't spend anything more than 10K on a RHD vehicle as I don't believe you'd get a return in Canada for that. But LHD might not be a bad flip after you've owned and enjoyed the vehicle for a while. And I think we'd be kidding ourselves if we think we can get anyting within 6-8 weeks from there based on the emails posted above. Haha.
    I would only do LHD as my insurance will cover it for full market replacement value despite it being from Japan. Btw I only went with the Cayman S as Hagerty has them appreciating in value so figured this was a decent bet on future resale.

My Ride
    Family Hauler

I would only do LHD as my insurance will cover it for full market replacement value despite it being from Japan. Btw I only went with the Cayman S as Hagerty has them appreciating in value so figured this was a decent bet on future resale.
    What's a 'good' price on a g wagon these days?

A quick google search popped up a whack of G350D's (lmao) for $100k USD plus. No thanks!

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

The Vancouver port delay is real. Every Asian manufacturer is suffering from it if the vehicle is made in Asia. (Kia, Hyundai, Mazda etc)

It doesnt matter if you ship one or multiple cars, you just go on the hugeass boat with everyone else.

My Ride
    Cayman

Quote Originally Posted by riander5 View Post
    What's a 'good' price on a g wagon these days?

A quick google search popped up a whack of G350D's (lmao) for $100k USD plus. No thanks!
    Bpro showed me a few auction cars back in February that went in the $35k-$45k range.

Looking at a May 18 2023 sale on http://bids.b-pro.ca/ they sold a 2006 G500 grade 4 with 46k kms for about $33k CND (Bbpro import fees extra)

http://bids.b-pro.ca/st-2PNe1uVh6mMUWgJ.htm

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast