Quantcast
Lynx Air - new low cost carrier - Page 10 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Lynx Air - new low cost carrier

My Ride
    Exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think WJ service is now fully as bad as AC. Living in Cowtown, it's still the best airline because of the direct route options, but the service is no longer a bonus from them.
    I would agree. It really went downhill since getting bought out. Sigh.

My Ride
    V8s

I think WJ service is now fully as bad as AC. Living in Cowtown, it's still the best airline because of the direct route options, but the service is no longer a bonus from them.
    For sure this is the case. The other additional benefit vs AC is it's way easier to get status with WJ for frequent short haul flights. It's way tougher to get AC status if you don't do long haul flights.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

What exactly are you looking for with regard to service? I mean, you aren't paying for an art room. You are getting from A to B with half a can of pop and some cookies.

I don't do checked luggage, but are you expecting them to carry it from your car to the scale? What is it about the drink and snack service that has people up in arms. They ask you for what you want to drink and if you want a snack. They give it to you and then they pick up the garbage. Are people looking for a reach around?

I guess when I travel, I try to have the least amount of interaction possible, maybe that is why I don't see any difference between any of the airlines. That said, I do lower my expectations when I am sitting in Economy vs Business. I mean there are 3-4 FAs for 220 people in the back and 2-3 for the 16 people in the front. I can't expect the 3-4 FAs to get to me right away.

I think people have strange expectations when they pay an airline $50 (you have to take out the taxes) and act like they deserve a $1000 worth of value.

My Ride
    Bicycle

WJ lost my check bag in Pheonix. 2 weeks of non action and finally escalate to their team lead and bag is here overnight. All you need to give the same power to your peons and customer won't be pissed and they won't be out $400 in compensation.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Last two flights I had were both delayed a few hours and they had to change the plane due to mechanical issues. I'd say that's pretty poor service, going from landing at 11pm to 2am is pretty frustrating.

My Ride
    LEXUS LX470

Quote Originally Posted by benyl View Post
    I think people have strange expectations when they pay an airline $50 (you have to take out the taxes) and act like they deserve a $1000 worth of value.
    Well for me it's because i'm often paying Westjet $1000 for a return flight from YEG to YMM and no, I am not getting anywhere near $1000 worth of service.
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    Last two flights I had were both delayed a few hours and they had to change the plane due to mechanical issues. I'd say that's pretty poor service, going from landing at 11pm to 2am is pretty frustrating.
    Do you expect aircraft to never break? What would be your solution, have multiple spare aircraft sitting at the terminal? A 4 hour turn around is pretty good, not something I would consider poor service. It's not like they bused you to your destination.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    Do you expect aircraft to never break? What would be your solution, have multiple spare aircraft sitting at the terminal? A 4 hour turn around is pretty good, not something I would consider poor service. It's not like they bused you to your destination.
    Do better? WJ is on time 75% of the time while Delta is 85% and one of the best in the world.

But I agree that if you are hit by that 25%, it does feel like WJ sucks 100%.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I think it’s been well established people don’t want to pay for better service, and they will move their business one gate over to save $20.

You reap what you sow.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    V8s

What exactly are you looking for with regard to service? I mean, you aren't paying for an art room. You are getting from A to B with half a can of pop and some cookies.

I don't do checked luggage, but are you expecting them to carry it from your car to the scale? What is it about the drink and snack service that has people up in arms. They ask you for what you want to drink and if you want a snack. They give it to you and then they pick up the garbage. Are people looking for a reach around?

I guess when I travel, I try to have the least amount of interaction possible, maybe that is why I don't see any difference between any of the airlines. That said, I do lower my expectations when I am sitting in Economy vs Business. I mean there are 3-4 FAs for 220 people in the back and 2-3 for the 16 people in the front. I can't expect the 3-4 FAs to get to me right away.

Westjet used to give you the full can though

Largely, I agree with you, but as someone who's nearly exclusively used WJ for a number of years (some of those years I was on 50+ flights between WJ and AC), there's a couple of things I've noticed in post-buyout WJ (just my anecdotal experience of course :P ):

1. Flying in Plus, the experience isn't as good as it was before. At the beginning it was "pick anything you want off the menu, as much as you like" e.g., pringles, choc bars, whatever. Now it's "here's your box with a slice of cheese, granola bar, single chocolate piece, and a minty lifesaver". Also, very frequently on short flights, I get a half a glass of wine, then don't see the FA til we descend - they used to check on us more often. Also also, I was served my wine in a plastic cup a couple weeks ago

2. Adherence to schedule, on the flights I've been on at least, has been getting worse. Again, I'm usually on what I assume are lower priority short haul routes, but I am delayed more often than not, and sometimes by many hours. WJ and AC are both usually at/near the bottom of the 10 major north american carriers.

That being said, I'll still fly with WJ since I still prefer them to AC. They have a Calgary hub, they don't overbook their flights, and status earn is easier/more straightforward. They still differentiate themselves IMO, but they aren't what they used to be.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by bjstare View Post
    That being said, I'll still fly with WJ since I still prefer them to AC. They have a Calgary hub, they don't overbook their flights, and status earn is easier/more straightforward. They still differentiate themselves IMO, but they aren't what they used to be.
    That's pretty much it. Travel will never be perfect but to anyone that travels a decent bit it's quite clear they've declined vs how they used to be.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I actually actively avoid WJ flights that aren’t on the Max 8 or 787 seems to help a bit.

Their older planes are pretty downmarket and a way worse experience.

Maybe that’s weird of me but I actually pick flights based on which equipment is listed lol.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    NC1

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    That's pretty much it. Travel will never be perfect but to anyone that travels a decent bit it's quite clear they've declined vs how they used to be.
    people use to dress up to go on a plane and weren't fat
    customers changed too lol all trudeau's fault tho!

- - - Updated - - -

i like this
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    I actually actively avoid WJ flights that aren’t on the Max 8 or 787 seems to help a bit.

Their older planes are pretty downmarket and a way worse experience.

Maybe that’s weird of me but I actually pick flights based on which equipment is listed lol.
    I could care less unless I am going east. The worst thing about domestic flights are the people, not the equipment. You pay more not for bigger seats but get away from the people.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    We booked at Max 8 months ago and now they changed it to a 737-700. Return flight is the dreamliner at least, hopefully that stays.

I think WJ is now worse than AC

I've had far less issues with AC than WJ lately for domestic flights

With that said, for international flights... I avoid both when other options are out there

My Ride
    4x4

Name:  1000001751-01.jpeg
Views: 163
Size:  520.7 KB
    Max-8 ftw!

I always struggle with this... Max-8 standard config I actually fit (not comfortably but within my seat space). This was flair yesterday. The effin a320 charter that took me out, I literally had to man-spread into the adjacent seat space beyond the armrests to fit. Then I look at the effin people who booked the bulkhead and emergency exit rows and they're all short ass mofos who'd have no similar issue.

My Ride
    NC1

as i got older i just try to see the benefits of being short
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

The only time service matters on these flights is when something goes wrong. Lost bag, delayed or cancelled flight etc. Agree if everything goes right, you should have nearly zero interaction aside from accepting the half can of pop and the cookies.

We had flights booked to LA for March 30 with Lynx and when I found out about this I thought for sure we were going to get screwed on rebooking with massive price increases but surprisingly not too bad.

Same. Now that my kids are older and self sufficient, I put on my music and go to sleep or watch a movie. Last couple flights I didnt even bother with the drinks and snacks they pass out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 ... LastLast