Quantcast
Netflix Account Sharing Changes - Page 8 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: What are you doing regarding the Netflix changes?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Continuing Netflix Subscription as is

24 32.88%
  • Continuing Netflix Sub but moving to cheaper profile

4 5.48%
  • Cancelling Netflix Subscription

37 50.68%
  • I only watch live theatre

8 10.96%
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Netflix Account Sharing Changes

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Quote Originally Posted by mr2mike View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What's the next move that MBA school teaches when this move peaks?
    Staff layoffs? It's definitely not salary cuts to upper management.

I'm assuming they're buying time for all employees to get their money out if they can see the wall with the writing on it.
    Take a read on how Netflix employee's could take salary.

But also, they're substantially overpaid. The guy answering the phone to your cancel call is making $90k USD.
    https://www.levels.fyi/companies/netflix/salaries

Better site with bar graphs.
    https://www.comparably.com/companies/netflix/salaries
    I think reforms and restructuring would be good on the company etc. But I think Netflix missed out on a massive marketing opportunity.
    The sharing and simplicity of the price plan was one thing that ses them apart from the competition. Sure they could have restructed the sharing, trimmed it down a bit. But thats the very thing that made them Netflix.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by tonytiger55 View Post
    I think reforms and restructuring would be good on the company etc. But I think Netflix missed out on a massive marketing opportunity.
    The sharing and simplicity of the price plan was one thing that ses them apart from the competition. Sure they could have restructed the sharing, trimmed it down a bit. But thats the very thing that made them Netflix.
    There's a lot to learn from other streaming providers to see where Netflix went wrong. Especially over COVID lockdowns where box office went to zero. Everyone tried the Netflix approach when theatres were closed. Big budgets, let's go streaming. D+, WB/HBO Max took massive write-offs on films released straight to streaming, only thing they got was subscriber growth, but that still bleeding money. End of the day it pales in comparison to box office receipts. The only way streaming could even think of competing would be to require each person to have a sub. WB learnt and rolled back how many movies they threw on HBO Max. D+, same thing, held back some films until theatres opened. Paramount basically said fuck it, we'll hold EVERYTHING for years for release, and it worked. TG Maverick, MI7 and 8 massively delayed but paying off at theatres.

So, how does Netflix fix this shit? I can't imagine a world where every single person buys a sub (so ZERO sharing) for their financials to make sense, so that's out of the question. Dropping episodes weekly instead of all at once is a small fix, at the price they're at now there's a significant amount of sub and binge and unsub folks. These are all small numbers. The big issue is, they need to embrace theatres, and they've pissed off a lot of theatres with their stream first approach to cut them out. Knives out 2 actually did well in theatres considering how few theatres it played in, but trying to pivot to theatre first approach will be difficult with their shitty relationship with the theatre chain mafias. Also, the backlash will be there, probably not as rough as this sharing thing.

The other thing is, like I noted earlier, they need to make better content decisions. They paid a lot for shit. 6 Underground was fucking $150m. Even theaters wouldn't have saved that one. Red Notice, $200m. The Irishman, $160m (although this one probably would've turned a profit if it was theatre first). The list goes on. Then there's the Adam Sandler deals, he's gotten what, $500m or more from Netflix so far? To mail in those performances. And I'm a Sandler fan too. It's just insane the money they're throwing at some of these with no hope of breaking even via subscriber growth.

Anyways, hope Netflix fixes their shit. The answers are out there, but the way they've burnt so many bridges in the industry, it won't be easy.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Touareg, Cayenne, 944s

Another huge problem with Netflix is how trigger happy they are with canceling shows. It seems unless there is a huge audience within the first week, the show gets canceled. I'm not going to start into a show knowing that it's an incomplete story and was cancelled after 1 season. Now we have this huge catalog of 1 season cancelled shows. Maybe I was interested in the show, but didn't binge it in the first week so netflix assumes it's a failure.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by JustinL View Post
    Another huge problem with Netflix is how trigger happy they are with canceling shows. It seems unless there is a huge audience within the first week, the show gets canceled. I'm not going to start into a show knowing that it's an incomplete story and was cancelled after 1 season. Now we have this huge catalog of 1 season cancelled shows. Maybe I was interested in the show, but didn't binge it in the first week so netflix assumes it's a failure.
    This is recent how fast they are with cancelling, and really is to try to cut content costs if leading indicators don't show success, which is dumb because 1 year isn't enough. But then they go and pay Adam Sandler another $300m for 4 movies because Murder Mystery was OK lol. Like I said, they need better content decisions. I don't think Murder Mystery with a 80m budget would've been really profitable in theatres. But it had insane viewership on Netflix, where ppl watch random ass shit on background. I think I had to watch that movie 3 times to finish it.

edit - stuff like this cracks me up. I really hope Netflix isn't making decisions like this guys analysis, but who knows cuz it sure seems like it.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/netfl...013822621.html

The audience from Netflix to movie tickets isn't a direct correlation. Netflix audience watch shit cuz it's there and they already paid for it. movie goers are way more picky. Even then, they bring up a great point, it's that Netflix can make money going theatre window first (this movie bad example).
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    2019 Peterbilt

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This is recent how fast they are with cancelling, and really is to try to cut content costs if leading indicators don't show success, which is dumb because 1 year isn't enough. But then they go and pay Adam Sandler another $300m for 4 movies because Murder Mystery was OK lol. Like I said, they need better content decisions. I don't think Murder Mystery with a 80m budget would've been really profitable in theatres. But it had insane viewership on Netflix, where ppl watch random ass shit on background. I think I had to watch that movie 3 times to finish it.

edit - stuff like this cracks me up. I really hope Netflix isn't making decisions like this guys analysis, but who knows cuz it sure seems like it.

The audience from Netflix to movie tickets isn't a direct correlation. Netflix audience watch shit cuz it's there and they already paid for it. movie goers are way more picky. Even then, they bring up a great point, it's that Netflix can make money going theatre window first (this movie bad example).
    I'm not sure about movie theater attendance, but we certainly go less. The movies in theaters have been pretty terrible too, AND it costs you $100 for 2 people. That's stupid.

This is why I prefer streaming. The movies aren't necessarily worse, and they take a chance on movies that might not be risk worthy for theaters.

Take Black Adam and Murder Mystery. Honestly, murder mystery was more entertaining, at a fraction of the budget.
    Last edited by Yolobimmer; 02-14-2023 at 01:56 PM.
    MAGA = My Ass Got Arrested.

Beware the passive aggressive Mean Girls. Vengie, Killramos, Penismightier, buster, jrscoolude, etc who bully others into their circle jerk opinion, serially negging you, while claiming they ignore you and don't obsess over you.

PSA. High school is not a popularity contest little girls

My Ride
    G37X

Good riddance Netflix. All the garbage reality dating shows, changing preview photos to make old content look new and now this?

Quote Originally Posted by Hallowed_point View Post
    Good riddance Netflix. All the garbage reality dating shows, changing preview photos to make old content look new and now this?
    Not an F Boy Island fan, I see.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    I'm not sure about movie theater attendance, but we certainly go less. The movies in theaters have been pretty terrible too, AND it costs you $100 for 2 people. That's stupid.

This is why I prefer streaming. The movies aren't necessarily worse, and they take a chance on movies that might not be risk worthy for theaters.
    That works for you, but not for Netflix. Avatar, TG Maverick, proved the money is at theaters. $100 for 2 people just reinforces that haha.

Take Black Adam and Murder Mystery. Honestly, murder mystery was more entertaining, at a fraction of the budget.
    Black Adam was a dud, but that doesn't justify Murder Mystery as viable. The budget is unknown, but estimated at $50-80m. Still, nothing big enough for Netflix to throw another $300m at Adam Sandler haha.

My Ride
    2019 Peterbilt

Kodi question. I ordered a chromecast.

Will kodi organize all streaming service content in one place? Like I hate clicking between paramount app, Disney app, prime app looking for something to watch. Would be great if everything was in one place.
    MAGA = My Ass Got Arrested.

Beware the passive aggressive Mean Girls. Vengie, Killramos, Penismightier, buster, jrscoolude, etc who bully others into their circle jerk opinion, serially negging you, while claiming they ignore you and don't obsess over you.

PSA. High school is not a popularity contest little girls

Kodi question. I ordered a chromecast.

Will kodi organize all streaming service content in one place? Like I hate clicking between paramount app, Disney app, prime app looking for something to watch. Would be great if everything was in one place.
    Yes.

You can do that on plex too. Plex > kodi

Name:  0137327D-6FC6-4538-BAF0-B42687FF796B.jpg
Views: 348
Size:  52.8 KB

I read somewhere that Netflix uses completion rate as a KPI for making decisions on whether to renew a show, not just straight up viewership. Some shows may have huge numbers but if only half the viewers watched the entire season, good chance it'll get dropped. It could be why they don't do the weekly release model to thwart the sub-binge-unsub crew.
    ---

My Ride
    Touareg, Cayenne, 944s

I think this article sums up the cancellation problem pretty well:
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultas...-its-new-shows

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by kenny View Post
    I read somewhere that Netflix uses completion rate as a KPI for making decisions on whether to renew a show, not just straight up viewership. Some shows may have huge numbers but if only half the viewers watched the entire season, good chance it'll get dropped. It could be why they don't do the weekly release model to thwart the sub-binge-unsub crew.
    completion rate must be a fucking bloated metric. how many times have you fallen asleep with it on as background?

My Ride
    *The First*

completion rate must be a fucking bloated metric. how many times have you fallen asleep with it on as background?
    Wait - like if you accidentally got super drunk?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I use Netflix to put me to sleep. I thought that shits normal?

My Ride
    a tank

I use Netflix to put me to sleep. I thought that shits normal?
    my wife has chronic insomnia and one way she was able to sleep is put on Netflix, for once boring content actually has its uses
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

Quote Originally Posted by beecue View Post
    You can do that on plex too. Plex > kodi

Name:  0137327D-6FC6-4538-BAF0-B42687FF796B.jpg
Views: 348
Size:  52.8 KB
    They are entirely different softwares. Thats like saying that an apple is better than a combination wrench.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

I find it interesting that the more likely you are to watch the show stoned, the more often the “are you still there?” Popup appears

Also #bringbackDanger5

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Reading this thread makes me think Netflix is being run by former Sears executives.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 ... LastLast