Quantcast
Double DIN Deck with Wireless Android Auto + Backup Camera? - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Double DIN Deck with Wireless Android Auto + Backup Camera?

Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    My Ride
    Rage2

Quote Originally Posted by eblend View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would, especially with the custom dash kit, as it really ties it all together.

The unit itself is not the fastest thing in the world, but all we use it for is android auto, normal radio, and backup camera, it works very well for these features, so no regrets for us. The backup camera is very clear, android auto works perfectly fine (we use wired mostly), and radio, well it works like radio would. With all connections correct it dims at night when lights turn on, I set it to lower volume when backing up to reduce distraction, ad android auto starts the moment the cable is plugged in. We did wireless for a while but sometimes I drive wife's car as mine is a mess with tools ect from house build, so it's easier to just plug in my phone than mess with Bluetooth on multiple devices. Overall if you limit your use and don't expect it to be as fast as your modern smartphone... It's a perfectly usable solution.
    Cool thanks, that's what i figured, they say it has 10000 features but as long as the 2-3 you actually use, work well, it's good enough.

looks like they dont have that one any more, i just ordered this one for my wife's van
    https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B08MQFLX92
    User title molested by Rage2.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    No logic, thought, input, etc from cult member...

My Ride
    ATS, XC90

Holy shit what a nightmare. Never get involved in a stereo install with a Volvo if you can avoid it. I've had the head unit for a few months now and still trying to get it working. I think the issues are less with the unit itself, and more with the fact that Volvo is a fucking insane company with stupid-ass connections.

Best progress was today after splicing 2 separate harnesses together to get both power on and speakers working, but then the climate controls were dead (wtf), the unit still doesn't power off when the key's off, and a myriad of small errors. Still not sure if the canbus is working right because the SRS error went off the first time I tried anything and I haven't bothered resetting it until the stereo is done.

Would not recommend for a Volvo so far, but still hoping for the best.

My Ride
    Ford F150

Quote Originally Posted by Thaco View Post
    Cool thanks, that's what i figured, they say it has 10000 features but as long as the 2-3 you actually use, work well, it's good enough.

looks like they dont have that one any more, i just ordered this one for my wife's van
    https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B08MQFLX92
    You get this installed yet? How's it working?

My Chinese made android head unit died after 5~ years and I need to replace it. Install was honestly simple in my F150, but the software/hardware felt sluggish after the first year, really want to avoid that.
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

My Ride
    ATS, XC90

Finally got the thing in with about 90% of the problems solved. Still need to add the backup camera, but the radio volume even lowers and it switches to the (missing) backup camera when in reverse. Screen dims and buttons light up at night, all speakers work and I didn't bypass the factory amp. Still need to do a couple tweaks but finally mostly there.

Name:  IMG_4327 (Medium).jpg
Views: 116
Size:  216.8 KB

Discovered that not only do the airbag sensors somehow run through the canbus attached to the radio, so do the climate controls, and God knows what else. Second biggest piece of advice is still to never do a radio replacement on a Volvo, after of course, first advice being to never get involved in a land war in Asia.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3