Quantcast
5Zigen FN01R-C vs Enkei ZR2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: 5Zigen FN01R-C vs Enkei ZR2

My Ride
    EG2 / RMKS13

Question 5Zigen FN01R-C vs Enkei ZR2

Hey folks,

I'm having a hard time deciding which rims to get for my s13 application. I'm currently deciding between the 5Zigen FN01R-C and the Enkei ZR2. I'm gonna be running 17x7 front and back, and I'm gonna be using them for solo2 and drifting this summer. I was wondering if anyone has had or heard any good or bad things about either product. I've only seen one post at another forum about the FN01R-C bending, and that's with the guy running 17x8 in front and 17x9 in the back. I'm really concerned about them bending and such, and was wondering if it would be worth just buying forged rims.

I'd appreciate any feedback. Thanks!

Jay

My Ride
    GD + GR WRB

Have you got a link to the bending post you speak of? I'd like to have a look at it.

I have a set of the FN01r-c's and I absolutely love them.. they're super light, inexpensive(ish), are exactly the right offset and bolt pattern, AND look great on the car -so I have absolutely no complaints. No bending that I have seen yet... I'm sure if I smoke a huge ass pothole I'd be looking at rim damage tho.

I'd suggest the 17x8 size all around, I got 17x7 fronts and 17x8 rears, but if I had the opportunity again I'd go 17x8 all around with 235/40-17 rubber or some 225 55 17 Falken Azenis. I really love my rims but I'm kinda kicking myself for not going 17x8 all around.

the 17x8 has a better look than the 17x7 too, the 7 has a flat face, and the 8 has a sunken face.. the 8 looks much better.
    Bought not built!

My Ride
    EG2 / RMKS13

Originally posted by kevie88
    Have you got a link to the bending post you speak of? I'd like to have a look at it.

I have a set of the FN01r-c's and I absolutely love them.. they're super light, inexpensive(ish), are exactly the right offset and bolt pattern, AND look great on the car -so I have absolutely no complaints. No bending that I have seen yet... I'm sure if I smoke a huge ass pothole I'd be looking at rim damage tho.

I'd suggest the 17x8 size all around, I got 17x7 fronts and 17x8 rears, but if I had the opportunity again I'd go 17x8 all around with 235/40-17 rubber or some 225 55 17 Falken Azenis. I really love my rims but I'm kinda kicking myself for not going 17x8 all around.

the 17x8 has a better look than the 17x7 too, the 7 has a flat face, and the 8 has a sunken face.. the 8 looks much better.
    Wow, it took me a half hour to find this link again
    http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/t157629.html
    *edit* -> Look for J SPEC Sileighty's post
    As you can see, it's not very informative

How long have you had your rims for, and what kind of car do you have them on? One concern that I have is that if I run 17x8 in the front, it'd be too wide. The 5zigen site recommends 17x7 in the front and 17x8 in the back for an s13. Also I figured that if I'm using the rims for drift, I might want a thinner rim so that it's a little easier to break traction when I want it to. Of course, I'm not a drift expert, so that's just a hypothesis :tongue:

I also thought that maybe the Enkei rims might be a bit stronger since the spokes are much wider. It'd be nice if there were full reviews on this sort of thing
    Last edited by RMKS13; 04-05-2004 at 01:34 PM.

My Ride
    GD + GR WRB

mine are on my S13.. 215/40-17 front and 245/40-17 rear.. looks ok!
    Bought not built!

My Ride
    EG2 / RMKS13

Wow those look pimp man What finish do you have on those? I was thinking of getting hyper black. Also, do you think 17x8 with a 35mm offset would start to rub in the front if you put those on?