Quantcast
Tire Inventory Issues? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Tire Inventory Issues?

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

Default Tire Inventory Issues?

I'm replacing my BFG KO2 this year but inventory on them seems to be really hit or miss over the last new months as I've been pricing checking. Places who say they have inventory online don't when you call and other shops have been showing out of stock for a few months now. In talking to some dirty south local dudes it sounds like the war in Ukraine really fucked up a few manufaturers as they had plants in Russia, or were getting some raw material supplied from that region.

Obviously I am the most interested in the BGF tires, but is this a general issue for tires across manufacturers right now? And if so are we anticipating them retooling to manufature elsewhere?

@tirebob , any insight?
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride
    Blue boy

We're seeing alot of inventory issues with tires over the past year or 2, not just the ukraine-russian war. Covid screwed up alot of things as well.

If you have more of the oddball sizes, inventory is spottier than normal, but the common sizes seem to be going along okay enough. Maybe not as good as peak times, but not as bad as it was a couple year ago. Still some sizes though that are all fucky.

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

Would it be fair to say that this is more of a tire size issue across most major brands due to supply chain disruptions over the last few years than it is any single brand struggling? I had a couple PMs that seemed to indicate that most guys just dialed back the weird sizes to focus on the more popular ones because of this.

I ran 275/65R20 on my F-150 but that seemed to have been out of stock since I started looking in November and the Tire Bob-father says its likely end of April or longer for it, but more popular sizes like 285/60R20 are still around. The more you know!
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm generally cute.

Quote Originally Posted by schurchill39 View Post
    Would it be fair to say that this is more of a tire size issue across most major brands due to supply chain disruptions over the last few years than it is any single brand struggling? I had a couple PMs that seemed to indicate that most guys just dialed back the weird sizes to focus on the more popular ones because of this.

I ran 275/65R20 on my F-150 but that seemed to have been out of stock since I started looking in November and the Tire Bob-father says its likely end of April or longer for it, but more popular sizes like 285/60R20 are still around. The more you know!
    Yeah when all the supply chain issues started, tire companies started having to move production of specific sizes around to stay on top of things. Sounds goofy but even in the same tire lines, not all sizes are made in the same factory, and moving production is no simple affair and can take quite a while. That 275/65R20 KO2 was a bad one. 35/12.50R20 Duratracs are another nightmare. There are more than that too...

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

My rep at Tirelink sources hard to find sizes sometimes through the US. Had a Hankook Ventus tire on a new S560 that took 6-8 months to get from Hankook. Crazyness.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.