Quantcast
Disney with disabilities? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Disney with disabilities?

PM if you want the Disneyland, 1 day, 16hrs, no kids game plan.

My Ride
    S212 E63s / MK7.5 .:R

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just assumed it was pretending to be handicapped when it was leading with a comparison to VIP. If it wasn't, then my bad. People are still abusing this, but it's not worth it based on the feedback from the person I know that abused the old and current system. Funny this came up because one of the people I know that abused this just came back and we had a chat about it.

Going through your points, I think you're exaggerating a lot of the points. Cost is 100% a big differentiator, but overall the DAS program is very similar to Genie+. Only 1 ride has DAS without lightning lane, think it was pirates of the Caribbean. DAS return times are the same as genie+, with the exception that it doesn't expire (which if you drag it out lower your # of additional bookings). Advanced selection is there, again, small advantage there but just for Disneyland.

This is for Disneyland. I think there's advantages in using DAS + Genie+ at DW due to how busy it is, and by using both you get way more rides than just doing Genie+ pre bookings.

Regardless, if you genuinely have a use for DAS by all means do it. It's clearly laid out why DAS is there, and it's a no brainer. Your goal isn't to maximize rides, but to give a good experience to the person needing it. Abusing the system is kinda shitty for people that actually need it, and I'm glad these changes made it so the people I know that used to abuse it stopped doing so. Extraslow sounded like he was looking for a loophole and I 100% discourage it. IF that wasn't the case, I apologize for being aggressive about it.
    People will abuse anything. But they do turn people away if you aren't qualified. You go through 2 screenings, one via chat and then one via a virtual meeting with someone who will vet you.

I'm definitely not exaggerating. I was at Disneyworld during one of the busiest weekends, thanksgiving / black friday weekend, when the parks had just removed all covid policies in August. We fully expected that we may need to purchase Genie+ and/or ILL even if someone in our party held a DAS. I don't know how else to put it and I'm convinced nothing will convince you otherwise, but the entire party did almost every ride (adults and kids) 2-3 times, while doing multiple character meets, catching every show/firework/parade. At no point during the trip did we even consider Genie+ or ILL. I think the only scenario where you'd want Genie+ and purchasing your allotment of ILL is if the DAS holder isn't able/wanting to go on the rides the rest of the party wants to go on.

DAS is for all attractions that have Genie+, ILL or a standby line. Genie+ is not available for all attractions. Advanced selection is not what you are thinking. Advanced selection is booking anywhere from 2 to 30 days prior to your visit. Genie+ cannot be used until 7am the day of your park visit - it can be purchased the night prior shortly after midnight, but you cannot do what you're thinking of "advanced selection" we are talking something entirely different. Unless I'm missing something, I'm pretty sure Disneyland operates the same way.

I agree with you that if you're someone who is faking a disability to gain an advantage there for people with real disabilities, that's not cool. I don't know if this thread was from a different thread where it got derailed, so I only chimed in to this thread that had Disneyworld mentioned and questions about DAS. But anyways, I've covered pretty much what DAS can do and why it is something you should totally use if someone in your party is truly eligible. If anyone has any questions I would direct you to the countless blogs and youtube channels, but if you can't find your answer feel free to PM me.

Tuck in shirt, hike up shorts = good to go

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The people I knew abusing the system were religious never swearing types. You just never know haha.
    When rules are rigid, you'll find loopholes at all cause.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2