Quantcast
Arcade Game for the Man Cave - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Arcade Game for the Man Cave

My Ride
    F355 Challenge/996TT/FD3S/968 Turbo/NSX

Default Arcade Game for the Man Cave

Made a purchase the other day that was a little on the spur of the moment. Found this side by side arcade game for $950. Made an offer and now it’s mine. Says needs 3 boards. I found one at a parts recycler but am still looking for the other two. If anyone thinks they can help let me know. In my searches I found a thread started by someone from Alberta looking for the 3 boards in question. I assume they were looking to buy this unit or maybe they sold it to the guy I bought it from. Or since I haven’t picked it up yet maybe I got scammed. Haha. Anyway, can’t wait to get it home.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My Ride

Then the day after I purchased the two seat version this came up on an auction site. This was my holy grail for years. It needs some TLC but I couldn’t resist. It will need to be sorted too so anyone with arcade experience drop me a lineName:  CFC745A3-4F1B-45D7-AEFC-486BA3520D32.png
Views: 518
Size:  755.3 KB

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Very jealous. This was the de facto simulator back in the day. I had set unbeatable Suzuka records at schanks north that lasted forever.

I did some research on this before, it’s next to impossible to find parts for it, or very expensive. There are folks who have successfully emulated it and integrated controls off an arcade cabinet. Here’s a good write up for it:

https://forums.launchbox-app.com/top...-screen-setup/
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride

Thanks Rage. The two seat version is missing two filter boards - Naomi Multi Master. 839-1109-02 and one I/O control board 837-13844. I managed to find the I/O control board for $250 shipped. So just looking for the other two. I also found a full stack that has been tested but it’s $1500. And not sure if that would fix the problem (ie: is the stack everything all together?).

As for the 3 screen, I had them plug it in and tell me what happened. They said two of the screens lit up and had a message about not being able to find the link or network. Something like that. I figured maybe it was set to be in multi cabinet mode? The right screen was dead so will have to investigate why. Otherwise was showing some signs of wear and tear (seat worn, etc). Paid $2000 USD for it. Shipping is like $1600. Expensive but all the others I have seen were $4500USD to $6000USD. And that was 5 years ago. I haven’t seen one for sale in the last 3 years so I took a chance
    Last edited by soloracer; 04-25-2023 at 12:37 PM.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Did you buy both units?
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride

Yes I did. The three screen just arrived and I am still sorting out shipping for the two seater. I also had another thought, I wonder if all three units can be linked for multi person game play? That would be wicked.

My Ride

Name:  98DAE37D-15C3-49D3-93CE-F6DCB88F2D79.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  187.7 KB

Twin game packaged up and on their way

My Ride
    2011 lexus is250 awd

Looks like an awesome project. I checked the MISTER FPGA forums and unfortunately there isn't a core for this. If there was it would be an easy project.
    I'd probably opt for flycast rather than demul. There's still active development for flycast and it supports naomi so it should work better than demul
    Good luck with this, wicked project!!!

My Ride

Found all the boards I need to fix the twin game. Cost about $800 USD but should be worth it. Also found new vinyl decals to replace all the damaged ones. Even got a new shift knob and used coin door for the 3 screen. Things are coming together. Hopefully it won't take long to get everything working. Anyone know if it is possible to link the twin seat to the 3 screen for 3 way races? That would be cool. Half tempted to install my old F355 Challenge race harness. Haha