Quantcast
Unusual Telus problem with accessing Google Maps - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Unusual Telus problem with accessing Google Maps

My Ride
    2009 Impreza

Default Unusual Telus problem with accessing Google Maps

Some time ago, Telus converted their telus.net email services to run through Gmail. So now when I browse with Chrome while logged into my Google account (through the telus.net email), any time I try to open Google Maps I get the following:

We are sorry, but you do not have access to Google Maps. Please contact your Organization Administrator for access.

I looked into it, and it appears there are other people with telus.net emails running into the same problem:

https://support.google.com/a/thread/...nization?hl=en

This only happens when browsing using the Google account with the telus.net email, any other gmail.com account opens up Maps just fine. Also, it can be opened fine when I log out of the telus.net account and browse while not signed in.

It seems when Telus made the switch to Gmail for their telus.net accounts, access to Google Maps was not enabled for these accounts (possibly an oversight?).

Some people in the above support thread say they've tried contacting Telus about this, but they couldn't help them. Seems like this should go "higher" up the chain somehow, but not sure of how to go about doing this.

Anyone have any suggestions? I know it's not a big deal but can get annoying over time.

Thanks.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Are you a Telus employee or did they convert end users to Gmail? Cuz that seems expensive lol.

Anyways, by default google maps is disabled. An admin has to go thru the admin portal, go to Apps -> Additional Google Services -> and enable Google Maps for All or particular Groups/OUs. We had to do it for our beyond emails when we converted it to Google Apps/Workspace or whatever the fuck they call it these days.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    2009 Impreza

I am not a Telus employee.

Didn't realize that maps are disabled by default - but it explains the situation. A Telus admin would have to go in and enable google maps for the users, but am not sure how to get this to their attention. Not sure if any Beyonders have any clout with Telus to get this noticed. Any Telus employees on here who could at least try to get this directed to the right department?

Quote Originally Posted by powerslave View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am not a Telus employee.

Didn't realize that maps are disabled by default - but it explains the situation. A Telus admin would have to go in and enable google maps for the users, but am not sure how to get this to their attention. Not sure if any Beyonders have any clout with Telus to get this noticed. Any Telus employees on here who could at least try to get this directed to the right department?
    They're very busy shopping at Costco while wfh.