Quantcast
BCHL Leaves Hockey Canada - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: BCHL Leaves Hockey Canada

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think if you're 20, you are leaving Hockey Canada regardless of where you go (but I'm not sure).
    Plus, there's a reasonable number of other aged players any given year who will not return or will be leaving for another jurisdiction like USA or Europe.
    At the end of the day, this risk doesn't have much legs and it's fucking these teams out of roughly 11 of their last 16 games for Brooks or 9 of their last 12 games for Okotoks, as examples.
    Meanwhile a team like Canmore gets to miss 8 of their last 14 games as corollary punishment when they haven't even done anything.
    We had an Okotoks Oilers player out helping my sons practice the other night and he was saying they only have 2 games left of what should have been 14. I asked if they could just have games on their own terms with the other 4 teams joining the BCHL and he said its because they weren't sanctioned by anyone so insurance wouldn't cover anyone if they got hurt. He said the players don't really have much insight into whats happening but they are definitely feeling the brunt of these decisions which absolutely sucks for them. I wish there was a bigger deal being made about this to help pile on the Hockey Canada controversy and realize how much of a poorly run organization they are for many reasons besides their handling of assaults.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Yeah hard to get very excited about high school sports.
    We get it Buster, you don't have a particular interest in this specific topic. I am sure there is a controversial MEGA thread you might find more insightful
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

You are right, this is as bad as me posting in the apple thread, or killy posting in the ford thread. Adding zero value.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Quote Originally Posted by schurchill39 View Post
    We had an Okotoks Oilers player out helping my sons practice the other night and he was saying they only have 2 games left of what should have been 14. I asked if they could just have games on their own terms with the other 4 teams joining the BCHL and he said its because they weren't sanctioned by anyone so insurance wouldn't cover anyone if they got hurt. He said the players don't really have much insight into whats happening but they are definitely feeling the brunt of these decisions which absolutely sucks for them. I wish there was a bigger deal being made about this to help pile on the Hockey Canada controversy and realize how much of a poorly run organization they are for many reasons besides their handling of assaults.

I was talking to a friend who played in the AJHL a long time ago and went the NCAA route, he doesn't really understand what the point of leaving was either. Unless something has changed since then, he doesn't think playing in the AJHL hindered him from playing, or getting recruited for, college hockey. Leaving HC may just be the main reason and everything else is just to widen the net of benefits, but we don't know.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

You are right, this is as bad as me posting in the apple thread, or killy posting in the ford thread. Adding zero value.
    I feel seen
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    *The First*

I thought I updated, but maybe not... So the 5 teams that the AJHL completely fucked over wisely chose to expedite their departure to the BCHL and are already finishing their season there and will participate in their playoffs. Brooks will quite likely win the league, actually.

And, now the BCHL is picking players off from other leagues that aren't trades. They just take the players and the SJHL (for example) gets nothing in return.
    https://discoverestevan.com/articles...leave-for-bchl

Hockey Canada is falling apart and is too stupid to realize how fucked they are.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I feel like hockey Canada falling apart is probably the best outcome here.

My Ride
    *The First*

I feel like hockey Canada falling apart is probably the best outcome here.
    I think you're correct. The Americans are catching up to us at an alarming rate and we can't afford to sit on our ass only to panic when they pull ahead.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

If you mean the head-to-head play of our elite national teams, they are arguably already ahead. Shouldn't be surprising, they invest more because they are a larger country.

My Ride
    Silverado

I guess we will see at the Olympics, but the best of the best, beating the US will be a challenge. Thankfully we have mcjesus. I'd still think if both countries had to field 5 teams, canada would have a pretty large advantage.

The Olympics are a lagging indicator.
    Most countries are starting to catch and will soon surpass Canada at the development levels.

My Ride
    General Motors Competizione

I think all of Canada's failures in international hockey can be blamed solely on using Quebec goalies, defensemen and coaches. Forwards are fine. Goalies and coaches must come from the WHL, no exceptions.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

My Ride
    NC1

That team America looks formidable
    Good luck Canada
    Stuart skinner might be your goalie lol
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Team America, great movie.

My Ride
    NC1

Team America, great movie.
    Fuck ya!
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Lariat

Carter Hart cleared in time to play Olympics? Canada is seriously lacking in goal, we are solid everywhere else though.
    _____ASP______

current ski quiver:
    park, all mtn 181 ON3P Kartel 98
    park,all mtn: 181 Armada AR7
    big mtn, pow: 185 Armada JJ

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    The Olympics are a lagging indicator.
    Most countries are starting to catch and will soon surpass Canada at the development levels.
    This. World Juniors are less of a lagging indicator and the US just won that. Canada needs to act to get the ship pointed in the right direction again. Instead, they are focused on penalizing anyone who has touched the BCHL and that's almost literally the dumbest thing they could possibly be wasting their time on.

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

This. World Juniors are less of a lagging indicator and the US just won that. Canada needs to act to get the ship pointed in the right direction again. Instead, they are focused on penalizing anyone who has touched the BCHL and that's almost literally the dumbest thing they could possibly be wasting their time on.
    But world juniors lag quite far from best on best. A great player plays for a long time (15+ years). We still have a lot of elite players playing in the next 10 years. But development is definitely lagging behind.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Instead, they are focused on penalizing anyone who has touched the BCHL and that's almost literally the dumbest thing they could possibly be wasting their time on.
    They are focusing on woke policies and making sure no one's feelings are hurt. Liberals have infected Hockey Canada. Wearing bathing suits to shower in locker rooms is probably the stupidest crap they could come up with. Fire everyone involved with Hockey Canada.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by Team_Mclaren View Post
    But world juniors lag quite far from best on best. A great player plays for a long time (15+ years). We still have a lot of elite players playing in the next 10 years. But development is definitely lagging behind.
    True. Best players will always be the best but the general team mentality, philosophy and coaching strategy are what need to quickly evolve.

though I dislike the fact that Jr. Hockey is going to be further fragmented, the long and short is that the BCHL has attracted the best non-CHL talent, giving developing players more years to play high level hockey and has put through the most Div #1 players. This is while keeping a fairly competitive league, whereas leagues like the AJ and MJ have had teams absolutely dominant for what feels like decades.

Also this absolves them from all the rules that are associated with the number of American/International players and possibly under 17 and over 20... as well as possibly other stilly standards like the 16 year olds having to wear cages and neck protectors.

The issue IMO is it will only be a matter of time until Hockey Canada sanctions BCHL players from being eligible from playing in international events (World Jrs.) and until NCAA deems BCHL, like the CHL considers contacts signed as 'professional'. Which could result in lose lose. I hope not, but could eventually be the strong arm maneuvers

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3