Quantcast
China bans Micron - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: China bans Micron

Default China bans Micron

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-65667746

Seems that Micron is on the untrustworthy list. National security risk. Should China ban NASA too?
    Last edited by ZenOps; 05-23-2023 at 12:42 PM.
    Cocoa $12,000 per ton.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...says#xj4y7vzkg

USA has taken a poor step. The correct step would have been to take the accusation seriously, and announce that there would be an investigation into it.

For any multinational corporation to be immediately dismissed of any wrongdoing without so much as a glance, shows arrogance ignorance, and stupidity. USA must hold itself to a higher standard. I would have expected a two year investigation into Micron by the US government. Sad USA.

I would assume other US companies like Apple will launch their own investigations.

The prudent thing to do for companies like Apple would be to temporarily stop using Micron as well. Although this may anger the US government, it could be a matter of destruction of their branding if something is actually found.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 05-28-2023 at 06:11 AM.

My Ride
    Bicycle

ok I'll bite.

I always thought this comes a year or 2 too late from China side since so many Chinese companies are on US entity list since 2021 including Micron's main Chinese competitor, YMTC.

Micron is opening next gen plant in Japan instead of China.

So it's only a matter of time US pull license to operate in China for all memory products forcing Micron/SK Hynix/Samsung to leave and China is back in the stone age.

China knows this, that's why the ban is only on government projects so DJI can still build their drones and cell phone industry won't go into trash using knock off Micron chips (which aplenty if you ever buy those cheap Android boxes and PCs)

At this point, China can't build any current gen chips. It's basically barred from next gen chips. All US need is an excuse to remove all current gen chips manufacturing in China and the supply chain is dead.

Still mutual destruction tho. Tech is basically dead anyway in high interest environment and if you subscribed to Zeihan way of thinking, US ain't lowering rate... or may even raise some more in the coming months/year. So beating will continues until moral improves.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 05-29-2023 at 09:30 AM.