Quantcast
Silverwood coeur d'alene etc. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Silverwood coeur d'alene etc.

My Ride
    changes every year

Default Silverwood coeur d'alene etc.

Looking to do a road trip out to Silverwood. I've never been that way and have no idea what else to check out, short of coeur d'alene lake .

Has anyone done this? We're trying to keep the driving to a destination under 8 hours so this is what we stumbled on.

What should I look into? Decent food, hotels and things to do. Going for 6 days.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I’ve done this. The lines suck. Can’t pay your way forward. Go on weekday where it’s less busy. I stayed at Coeur d’Alene golf resort in their suite with a fucking butler back when it was cheap. Half our drive to the park. I don’t golf.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

The state park right there is nice for camping. Beautiful area.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    changes every year

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    I’ve done this. The lines suck. Can’t pay your way forward. Go on weekday where it’s less busy. I stayed at Coeur d’Alene golf resort in their suite with a fucking butler back when it was cheap. Half our drive to the park. I don’t golf.
    Lol awesome. Also if a mod could move this, I realize I put it in the wrong spot. Looking at hotels, they seem to be pretty expensive, must be the season.

I've never done air b n b? Might be an option worth looking into.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I can’t state how much the lines suck. It’s the 1 think keeping me from bringing my kids. The roller coasters there are pretty fucking fun considering the short drive from Calgary.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Quote Originally Posted by 03ozwhip View Post
    Looking to do a road trip out to Silverwood. I've never been that way and have no idea what else to check out, short of coeur d'alene lake .

Has anyone done this? We're trying to keep the driving to a destination under 8 hours so this is what we stumbled on.

What should I look into? Decent food, hotels and things to do. Going for 6 days.
    I agree with what Rage2 says about Silverwood. That said, they coasters are pretty awesome and worth it so definitely check it out. The water park side is a good time but they severely limit your alcohol consumption. You can squeek a few more drinks out of them with hats/sunglasses swapping but they catch on. Unless you look like Zac Effron. My buddy had no issues getting piled but hes pretty much a 10/10.

We go that way all the time to a spot in Ione. When we go we go through nelway. Metaline falls is pretty awesome and there are some cool caves to see as soon as you cross the boarder. I believe they are called Gardner Caves.

Tree to Tree is also not too far from silverwood and is a great time for kids a bit older. Zip lines and that kind of stuff.

Sandpoint is a cool place to visit and the beach is good to spend the afternoon cooling off. Nelway - Spokane - Coeur D'Alene - Sand Point - Bonners Ferry - Kingsgate is a great loop with tons of cool places to stop. I would also highly recommend an RV vs hotels if the budget allows. The small "resorts" along the way are awesome and almost always have access to water as it for the most part follows the Pend Orielle river to the lake.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by spike98 View Post
    My buddy had no issues getting piled but hes pretty much a 10/10.
    pics of this sexy dude pls or gtfo.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    changes every year

Quote Originally Posted by spike98 View Post
    I agree with what Rage2 says about Silverwood. That said, they coasters are pretty awesome and worth it so definitely check it out. The water park side is a good time but they severely limit your alcohol consumption. You can squeek a few more drinks out of them with hats/sunglasses swapping but they catch on. Unless you look like Zac Effron. My buddy had no issues getting piled but hes pretty much a 10/10.

We go that way all the time to a spot in Ione. When we go we go through nelway. Metaline falls is pretty awesome and there are some cool caves to see as soon as you cross the boarder. I believe they are called Gardner Caves.

Tree to Tree is also not too far from silverwood and is a great time for kids a bit older. Zip lines and that kind of stuff.

Sandpoint is a cool place to visit and the beach is good to spend the afternoon cooling off. Nelway - Spokane - Coeur D'Alene - Sand Point - Bonners Ferry - Kingsgate is a great loop with tons of cool places to stop. I would also highly recommend an RV vs hotels if the budget allows. The small "resorts" along the way are awesome and almost always have access to water as it for the most part follows the Pend Orielle river to the lake.
    Thanks man that helps alot.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    pics of this sexy dude pls or gtfo.
    He doesn't have pictures online for work reasons. Makes him more mysterious also.

6 days seems like too much. When I did this, I continued onto the Oregon coast for more things to do. It's not much more driving.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I love Idaho. Plenty to do for 6 days, but would want silverwood to be only 1 of them.

I can’t state how much the lines suck. It’s the 1 think keeping me from bringing my kids. The roller coasters there are pretty fucking fun considering the short drive from Calgary.
    When did you go and how bad are we talking? I was looking for a road trip idea and forgot about silverwood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I went in 2008 when they got the upside down coaster from six flags.

My Ride
    changes every year

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I love Idaho. Plenty to do for 6 days, but would want silverwood to be only 1 of them.
    Ya man, looking around at what else to do, we decided to only go for 4. Silverwood and CD lake being 2 of them. We're not really explorer type people, we don't go hiking in the mountains and shit, so I wouldn't even know what else to do lol

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Oh, yeah, hiking in the mountains and shit was what I'd suggest.

I stayed at Coeur d’Alene golf resort in their suite with a fucking butler back when it was cheap. Half our drive to the park. I don’t golf.
    Dat Tennis tho!

Getting ads for the place now thanks to the this thread.
    https://www.silverwoodthemepark.com

My Ride
    changes every year

Quote Originally Posted by mr2mike View Post
    Getting ads for the place now thanks to the this thread.
    https://www.silverwoodthemepark.com
    I'm not even shitting you, I THOUGHT of a dead friend yesterday, then he popped up on my Facebook.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

My friends and I make annual trips to Idaho every first week of August, and of course at least a day of Silverwood is on the itinerary every year, but I've started skipping it and finding something else to do while everyone else goes. Like rage2 said, go during the weekday. And if you don't have to be there all day, go during the evening. There's even a reduced rate if you go after 6PM or something. There will be almost nobody there and you'll fly through the line ups and pretty much get the same number of rides as going during the day. You gotta try out the Aftershock at least once. First time I went on it, some kid collapsed to the ground crying after it ended cause he was so terrified haha (and it IS pretty fucking scary)

Oh, and the ice cream cones are great value. They're big enough for two adults or an adult and two children hahaha

IMO, 6 days is a lot for Coeur d'Alene, unless you're planning on spreading it out between there/Spokane Valley/Spokane. Definitely rent a boat and spend a day out on the lake swimming and tubing if you can, especially on a +40C day. In Idaho, you don't need a boating license to rent a boat. They'll walk you through how to operate the boat before they send you on your way, even if you know how. Wayne Gretzky owns a place on the lake haha

If you're stopping in Sandpoint, The Pie Hut is worth having a meal at and of course some pie.

If you're looking for booze, make sure you check out Total Wine in Spokane Valley if you don't know about it already. I don't drink and even I enjoy going through all the aisles looking at all the shit they sell.

My Ride
    changes every year

Quote Originally Posted by D'z Nutz View Post
    My friends and I make annual trips to Idaho every first week of August, and of course at least a day of Silverwood is on the itinerary every year, but I've started skipping it and finding something else to do while everyone else goes. Like rage2 said, go during the weekday. And if you don't have to be there all day, go during the evening. There's even a reduced rate if you go after 6PM or something. There will be almost nobody there and you'll fly through the line ups and pretty much get the same number of rides as going during the day. You gotta try out the Aftershock at least once. First time I went on it, some kid collapsed to the ground crying after it ended cause he was so terrified haha (and it IS pretty fucking scary)

Oh, and the ice cream cones are great value. They're big enough for two adults or an adult and two children hahaha

IMO, 6 days is a lot for Coeur d'Alene, unless you're planning on spreading it out between there/Spokane Valley/Spokane. Definitely rent a boat and spend a day out on the lake swimming and tubing if you can, especially on a +40C day. In Idaho, you don't need a boating license to rent a boat. They'll walk you through how to operate the boat before they send you on your way, even if you know how. Wayne Gretzky owns a place on the lake haha

If you're stopping in Sandpoint, The Pie Hut is worth having a meal at and of course some pie.

If you're looking for booze, make sure you check out Total Wine in Spokane Valley if you don't know about it already. I don't drink and even I enjoy going through all the aisles looking at all the shit they sell.
    Thanks man, ya were only gonna do 4 days we've decided. But I think we're gonna split time between the park, the lake and maybe Spokane or something.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast