Quantcast
MB GLE (w166 and v167) - any owners? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: MB GLE (w166 and v167) - any owners?

My Ride
    V167

Default MB GLE (w166 and v167) - any owners?

Child #2 is on the way, need a larger family vehicle.

I was all set to order an EQE SUV until they released the damn thing and cargo #'s came up small (no larger than my current Infiniti and no where near the current model GLE). I waited to see the vehicle in person, did so a few weeks ago and had to cancel as a result of the small cargo area.

Still set on MB so I am hoping to hear from any Beyonders who may own the following and may be able to comment on any known major issues to watch out for:

1.W166 GLE - GLE 400/GLE 43: Any comments on reliability? Many Low Km examples come up here in the lower mainland/Metro van area. Prices are reasonable, 40-50k range for a child hauler. CPO will give me warranty on powertrain x 2 years.
    2. V167 (2020/2021): GLE 450. Anyone have one? Comments on reliability? Looking at CPO examples with warranty.

Looking to purchase in the next month or two. Any insight on these models is appreciated. I really want an H1 just to show everyone who the true boss is but that dream will have to wait for now.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Drove a GLC43 for a while and it drank fuel like mad. The fuel to power ratio was off. Feel like it took as much fuel as my E63 with half the power. The GLE will take more. I would be looking at the 450 for that reason alone. Since you are at sea level, either will make full power however the mild hybrid is another no brainer reason to get the 450 over the 43.

Splurge and get a 53.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I don’t think any of the engines are inherently unreliable, but don’t own those engines so can’t comment.

Have a poverty spec rwd GLE300 down south, works good as a people mover and I did a 5 hour trek to LA in it with no complaints ( 300 is gutless but you won’t have that problem ). I don’t really like the new MB dual iPad style cluster / infotainment so maybe see how you like it before buying ( I found the system in my X5 much better done ). This would only be applicable to the new gen style.

If you get air suspension that is going to have air suspension type “issues”. It’s a wear part and expensive to fix. So decide if that is a deal breaker to you.

My plug is consider X5 if you can stomach it, the B58 base engine with the mild hybrid is really good and great in city and long distances for fuel. I think the interior is much better than the Mercedes at the price point, and with BMW you get the “good” engine base so there are way way more examples on the used market to choose from.

Either would make a good baby mover.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

A family friend has a 2021 GLE 450 and it's been built proof so far. Just regular oil changes, nothing of note other than it also drinks a ton of fuel to move that heavy SUV.

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Interested to hear more about built proof.

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

Auto correct got me. It should have been bullitt proof