Quantcast
2024 Toyota Land Cruiser - Page 27 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 26 27

Thread: 2024 Toyota Land Cruiser

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

But hey. At least they aren’t Nissans
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    But hey. At least they aren’t Nissans
    But again, this is where Mazda and Nissan get crucified against Honda & Toyota when their offerings are WAY the fuck less and then twisty moustache crowd acts all indignant when the car that costs $8k less doesn't have enough Ferrari bespoke piping options in their seats.

Such a mystery.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

You are misunderstanding my complaint. My issue is that Toyota interiors are weak relative to the competition that in most cases is cheaper. Hell even Nissan has stepped up its interior game recently. Also sounds like you haven't sat in a current model Mazda as their interiors are quite nice. You are hard pressed to find vehicles with cheaper interiors than Toyotas outside of domestics. I don't expect the interior of a $40k vehicle to have the interior touches and quality of a high priced luxury car but Toyota has fooled consumers into believing a crappy interior is totally normal.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Got a chance to check out the interiors of the 1958 and the LC base level. Both feel extremely familiar, as a 4R owner it would be a perfect transition. Was not impressed with the cloth seats, and no power in the 1958 is pathetic at this price point. The synthetic leather in the base LC was great, soft and more plush that you'd expect. I'd really like to see the genuine leather option particularly with the java colour as some photos make it look like a strange brown/purple.

The screen bezel in the 1958 looks fucking terrible in person, the LC's larger screen contours and integrates perfectly with the interior.

Rear seat room felt identical to the 4R, maybe a bit more headroom.

The cargo area feels smaller. The rear seats tumble forward to expand the area, but the whole cargo area is not designed as well as my 4R because my seat separates into two parts vs. tucking together and rolling forward. This leaves a weird void of space between the back of the tucked seat and the floor of the cargo area largely because of the battery pack (~3").

Immediately getting back into my 4R, I noticed my leather seats weren't as nice and everything felt a bit dated but not a massive difference. Still, there's a lot I wouldn't give up even at the basic level like power seats for both D/P.

The sales bro said there's nearly a 2 year wait but trade-ins will get you bumped up the list.

I'm still mentally struggling to convince myself that spending $85,000+ on a Toyota is going to be a world of difference in drive quality and capability than what I already have. Would also like to get a handle on how this new engine does. LCs have a reputation to uphold so my inner fanboy has some faith, but hoping at this price point isn't really an option.

My $0.02.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by heavyD View Post
    You are misunderstanding my complaint. My issue is that Toyota interiors are weak relative to the competition that in most cases is cheaper. Hell even Nissan has stepped up its interior game recently. Also sounds like you haven't sat in a current model Mazda as their interiors are quite nice. You are hard pressed to find vehicles with cheaper interiors than Toyotas outside of domestics. I don't expect the interior of a $40k vehicle to have the interior touches and quality of a high priced luxury car but Toyota has fooled consumers into believing a crappy interior is totally normal.
    I think we're just on completely different priority scales. I'm not looking for much of anything in a vehicle interior aside from comfort while others are apparently looking for a lot more, with a fine toothed comb.

My Ride
    TRD Pro

Mine finally arrived!
    Loving it so far.. everything has been 100x better than the 4Runner. Comfort, drivability, stereo etc. My only thing so far is that Ive actually had to read the manual to find out not only what everything is, but how to use it. Tons of electronic settings, in car settings and safety crap. The current wheels/tires are being used till fall, then 275/60/20 winter tires getting swapped on and hopefully find a 17 or 18" wheel/tire combo over the winter. Currently getting ppf installed on the front end.

Name:  IMG-20240810-WA0006.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  398.5 KB

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    But again, this is where Mazda and Nissan get crucified against Honda & Toyota when their offerings are WAY the fuck less and then twisty moustache crowd acts all indignant when the car that costs $8k less doesn't have enough Ferrari bespoke piping options in their seats.

Such a mystery.
    I like the Mazdas these days. Nice interior, CX-50 is a good looking car.

I'd seriously consider a CX-50 PHEV someday.. I think they only do PHEV on the 90 though? or 70? The naming convention on the Mazdas is truly some fuckery nowadays though

My Ride
    *The First*

Meaningless nomenclature grinds my gears.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Quote Originally Posted by R-Audi View Post
    Mine finally arrived!
    Loving it so far.. everything has been 100x better than the 4Runner. Comfort, drivability, stereo etc. My only thing so far is that Ive actually had to read the manual to find out not only what everything is, but how to use it. Tons of electronic settings, in car settings and safety crap. The current wheels/tires are being used till fall, then 275/60/20 winter tires getting swapped on and hopefully find a 17 or 18" wheel/tire combo over the winter. Currently getting ppf installed on the front end.
    Congrats man!
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by riander5 View Post
    I like the Mazdas these days. Nice interior, CX-50 is a good looking car.

I'd seriously consider a CX-50 PHEV someday.. I think they only do PHEV on the 90 though? or 70? The naming convention on the Mazdas is truly some fuckery nowadays though
    Well, everything that's single digit is replaced by double digit except CX-5/50.

CX-3/7/9 are all gone replaced by 30/70/90. But sounds like they will keep 5 and 50 going because 5 is their bread and butter that 50 can't really replace.

CX-60 already exist elsewhere in the world and in PHEV form. It's a great replacement for CX-5. CX-50 got the hybrid drivetrain from Toyota, it's highly unlikely it will get PHEV.

My Ride
    Exploded.

CX-50 hybrid is coming out soon as well according to mazda.ca

Congrats @R-Audi ! Cna't wait to see this on the road more often.

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 26 27