Quantcast
2017 Mazda MX-5 RF Miata - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2017 Mazda MX-5 RF Miata

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by Gman.45 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    +1 for the ND2 2019 model year. Also, the RF (hard top) version can be found in the Gs-P and GT trims, but the GS-P with the "sport" package is the best option IMO. You can't get the sport package in the GT (dumb IMO). Sport pkg includes Brembos (up front), 17" BBS wheels, and also Recaro seats, which give you an extra 1" headroom over the regular seats in both the hard and soft top versions. So if you aren't small of stature and size, this could be make or break for you in terms of fitting in it with a helmet, as the hard top and soft top fit differently from vids/posts I've seen.
    Still $35-40k! Holy moly.

My Ride
    Get off my lawn!

MSRP on my Scout 60 (1000cc engine) is $12,999, so it's kind of priced in the "feeler" range right now. I think if I was to get $11,500 to $12,000 I would be more than happy enough with that. I'll keep posting it on Kijiji through the spring. I'm sure it'll sell at some point too, not in a rush! Gives me a few months to save for an MX-5.

Not sure what it is about the S2000, but they aren't for me, never been a big fan. Can't put my finger on why, might be the age of the model at this point. I would probably love driving it as soon as I got in the seat though. It would have to be a pretty spectacular deal to draw my attention from the Miata.

I had a look at some BRZ's and GR86's. I might have to go find one or two to test drive and see if the additional seats gets in the way of my "slightly more practical than a bike" mindset!

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by Colin_R6 View Post
    MSRP on my Scout 60 (1000cc engine) is $12,999, so it's kind of priced in the "feeler" range right now. I think if I was to get $11,500 to $12,000 I would be more than happy enough with that. I'll keep posting it on Kijiji through the spring. I'm sure it'll sell at some point too, not in a rush! Gives me a few months to save for an MX-5.

Not sure what it is about the S2000, but they aren't for me, never been a big fan. Can't put my finger on why, might be the age of the model at this point. I would probably love driving it as soon as I got in the seat though. It would have to be a pretty spectacular deal to draw my attention from the Miata.

I had a look at some BRZ's and GR86's. I might have to go find one or two to test drive and see if the additional seats gets in the way of my "slightly more practical than a bike" mindset!
    You are unlikely to find a "deal" on an S2k, but you almost certainly won't see it depreciate.

I've got a lot of seat time in both, and I much prefer the S2k over the Miata. My AP1 S2k was the closest thing to a motorcycle experience I've had - the fact the engine revs to 9k is a contributor to that. It also feels like a more purposeful (serious?) car. The miata makes you feel like you're driving a rollerskate, whereas the s2k makes you feel like you're driving a race car.

If you haven't driven an S2k, it's worth doing just to make sure you're making an informed decision. They're quite different cars.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

I love the S2000 and Miata but for different reasons. I wish I could own both honestly.

My Ride
    Non Baller Vehicles

Name:  Screenshot_20230920-131353~2.png
Views: 426
Size:  358.1 KB

I had a JDM NA6 Eunos, amazingly fun car and I'd love another one

A buddy of mine has a Mk1 TT with a bigger turbo on. Suppose to be 400 awhp, it's a fun ride

My Ride
    '05 Subaru LGT wagon (5MT)

I just came to say Wardner Fort Steele Road would be awesome in an ND (give us a GoPro video once you buy one). I've driven an NC on some ok roads and my Legacy GT on the Wardner road and I think it would be awesome at any power level.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    Still $35-40k! Holy moly.
    At that price point, may as well get a 2023 ND2 with $1K factory discount or sign up for a 2024 ND3 which they finally got a proper infotainment system.

https://www.motor1.com/news/689969/2...eveal-details/

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by 98brg2d View Post
    I just came to say Wardner Fort Steele Road would be awesome in an ND (give us a GoPro video once you buy one). I've driven an NC on some ok roads and my Legacy GT on the Wardner road and I think it would be awesome at any power level.
    Excellent road, can confirm.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    NC1

Last edited by max_boost; 10-13-2023 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Already posted lol
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Piggybacking the thread - has anyone here winter driven an ND longterm? Mazda rust is still a thorn in my mind. Seems like modern ones don't have any major issues...

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by Chantastic View Post
    Piggybacking the thread - has anyone here winter driven an ND longterm? Mazda rust is still a thorn in my mind. Seems like modern ones don't have any major issues...
    That's because they haven't been on the road long enough to rust yet. Give it time.

My Ride
    957,958,NC1,NC3,E90,ITR

My Porsches have more rust than my Mazdas

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Quote Originally Posted by Chantastic View Post
    It seems really hit and miss. I had a 2010 Mazda 3 at work with ~600k and the only rust was the pinch welds starting to show surface rust when we got rid of it in November 2020.

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by gpomp View Post
    My Porsches have more rust than my Mazdas
    Could this possibly be attributed to your Porsches being driven year round and your Mazdas rarely leaving the garage (and never leaving the garage during inclement weather)?

My Ride
    957,958,NC1,NC3,E90,ITR

Quote Originally Posted by bjstare View Post
    Could this possibly be attributed to your Porsches being driven year round and your Mazdas rarely leaving the garage (and never leaving the garage during inclement weather)?
    Are you saying my anecdotal evidence is less trustworthy than someone else's anecdotal evidence?

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by gpomp View Post
    Are you saying my anecdotal evidence is less trustworthy than someone else's anecdotal evidence?
    In this case, yes. Your museum quality Mazdas not having rust is not a good indicator of the average Mazda.

Thanks everyone. I always figured a ND would be a blast in winter, but the rust factor worries me more still than other cars. That being said, I've seen several mint, winter driven, first gen 3's while all the rest look like real sad. Second gen 3's are mostly ok minus the roofs from bad rock chips.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2