Quantcast
Israel at war on surprise attack. - Page 24 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 24 of 84 FirstFirst ... 14 23 24 25 34 ... LastLast

Thread: Israel at war on surprise attack.

My Ride
    Nothing worth mentioning.

This is quite the catchy slogan by the Houthis.

"July 24, 2023 - The slogan of the Houthi movement (officially called Ansar Allah), a political and religious movement and rebel group in Yemen, reads "God is the greatest, Death to America, Death to Israel, Curse on the Jews, Victory to Islam" in Arabic text. It is often portrayed on a white flag, with the written text in red and green."
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    "Look at my small penis everyone,"

Quote Originally Posted by riander5 View Post
    let me be clear before you comment - from the beginning I stated I was 100% against Hamas and the act they committed. I said they need to be dealt with.
    And the best way to deal with them would be?...
    Genuinely wondering if you know of a way of dealing with them that maybe Israel hasn't thought of yet.

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Quote Originally Posted by Ukyo8 View Post
    And the best way to deal with them would be?...
    Genuinely wondering if you know of a way of dealing with them that maybe Israel hasn't thought of yet.
    Of course I don't. Which is why I sympathize for innocent Palestinians such as the million children in Gaza, who are caught up in this.

US couldn't do it in Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan..... At least they could GTFO of those regions.

Not to belabor the point because I think we actually agree on most points, but here is a UN report. Isreal has killed nearly 300 children with its strikes.

https://www.ohchr.org/en/press-relea...acks-civilians

Any dying civilians casualties unacceptable, whether targeted or collateral damage from firing rockets into populated area.. imo
    Have those number been independently verified?
    Remember there was just "500 people murdered at a hospital due to an Israeli air strike!!"

Innocent lives lost are horrible, but when you have an enemy using human shields I'm not sure what else can be expected.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by SJW View Post

"July 24, 2023 - The slogan of the Houthi movement (officially called Ansar Allah), a political and religious movement and rebel group in Yemen, reads "God is the greatest, Death to America, Death to Israel, Curse on the Jews, Victory to Islam" in Arabic text. It is often portrayed on a white flag, with the written text in red and green."
    Seems perfectly peaceful and reasonable.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    ^^ Fact Checked

Of course I don't. Which is why I sympathize for innocent Palestinians such as the million children in Gaza, who are caught up in this.

US couldn't do it in Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan..... At least they could GTFO of those regions.
    Israel abandoned the Gaza strip in 2005, when you say GTFO of those areas do you mean Israelis leaving Israel? Or Gaza strip?
    Israel tried to give away the Gaza strip to Jordan and Egypt, both those countries wanted absolutely nothing to do with Gaza, Israel has no interest in the Gaza strip.

Of course innocent civilians getting murdered is atrocious, but how come you sympathize with Palestinians but not all the Jews that were murdered in their homes? You know, the whole reason why Israel reacted the way they did.
    People are acting like Israel is bombing Gaza for not reason... I feel like I'm taking crazy pills

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Not worth my time commenting anymore.

The fact that no one here can wrap their brain around the possibility of being anti Hamas and denouncing everything they stand for but also that Israel should be held accountable for their war crimes is mind-boggling.

Like I said in my original comment, I don't see a solution in the area short of them wiping each other out.
    Your point isn't lost, so don't worry about it. Israel is by no means perfect, lets just get that out of the way.

But they also carry the bigger stick and they're getting sick of dabbling with Hamas. This current conflict is, sadly, filled with collateral damage for something Israel didn't ask for.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Edge

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    It's a complete fallacy that this situation with HAMAS has anything to do with a territorial dispute. This was just straight jew killing.
    This.

My Ride
    *The First*

I bet only half of their crosswalks are painted like rainbows. Disgusting!!!

My Ride
    Edge

I disagree. You can vehemently oppose Hamas, but also believe the people in the Gaza Strip & Palestinians in general are getting screwed over. I'm not saying I have a better plan, but what Isreal has been doing for 30 years certainly hasn't worked well. Like I said previously, Gaza is a pressure cooker with no pressure control switch. Something was bound to happen.

Look at this data on Palestinian vs Jew deaths and injuries and the location of them. Maybe it can help you 'see both sides of the issues' - https://www.ochaopt.org/data/casualties

Coles notes on data, which only goes back to 2008, Isreal has suffered 4% of the fatalities and injuries of Palestinians.
    Except that a bit more context is needed. The year 2014 should be excluded. It was the last time there was a war between the two; again started by Hamas--kidnapping and killing three Israeli teenagers. Getting rid of the numbers for that year, the total Palestinian deaths stands at 948 and for Israel at 220.

Not to belabor the point because I think we actually agree on most points, but here is a UN report. Isreal has killed nearly 300 children with its strikes.

https://www.ohchr.org/en/press-relea...acks-civilians

Any dying civilians casualties unacceptable, whether targeted or collateral damage from firing rockets into populated area.. imo
    Again, context. It is official Israeli policy to try and avoid civilian casualties, but they are obviously inevitable in war. That isn't to say some in the IDF haven't purposely killed Palestinians, because some very likely have. It is, however, official Hamas policy, obviously, that targeting civilians is okay, because they want the extermination of the Jews, not just the land they live on. That makes all the difference.

My Ride
    Nothing worth mentioning.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    I bet only half of their crosswalks are painted like rainbows. Disgusting!!!
    Canada is such a fucking disgrace. Isn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    "Look at my small penis everyone,"

My Ride
    V8s

Canada is such a fucking disgrace. Isn't it?
    Honestly, yeah it really is.

My Ride
    Edge

I'll preface this video with, yes, Dr. Michael Brown is a Christian, but more specifically, a Messianic Jew (a Jew who believes Jesus is the Messiah; all other Jews continue to wait for "their" Messiah). He also has his doctorate in semitic languages and has been a commentator on current events for quite a long time. He is lecturing on the history of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, back in 2012. It's actually quite interesting.

And a recent article of his: https://stream.org/giving-up-the-occ...-the-solution/
    Last edited by duaner; 10-19-2023 at 02:39 PM. Reason: Added link to article

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Quote Originally Posted by Ukyo8 View Post
    Israel abandoned the Gaza strip in 2005, when you say GTFO of those areas do you mean Israelis leaving Israel? Or Gaza strip?
    Israel tried to give away the Gaza strip to Jordan and Egypt, both those countries wanted absolutely nothing to do with Gaza, Israel has no interest in the Gaza strip.

Of course innocent civilians getting murdered is atrocious, but how come you sympathize with Palestinians but not all the Jews that were murdered in their homes? You know, the whole reason why Israel reacted the way they did.
    People are acting like Israel is bombing Gaza for not reason... I feel like I'm taking crazy pills
    I meant Isreal is in one as they can't just stop this war. They are literally living on the land that fuels this entire war that was given to them by the UN 70 years ago.

My point was the US tried a fulsome defeat of terrorists and failed many times, but at least they could pack up and leave.

I feel for both the jewish and palestinian casualties. But I feel like people think I'm on crazy pills for any sympathy for palestinians

My Ride
    ISF | R1

And what would happen to Israel if the US leaves?
    u don't fail till u give up

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Quote Originally Posted by WongYue View Post
    That isn't what I was saying.... Gyad damn it people

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    Have those number been independently verified?
    Remember there was just "500 people murdered at a hospital due to an Israeli air strike!!"

Innocent lives lost are horrible, but when you have an enemy using human shields I'm not sure what else can be expected.
    I pulled it from a UN article. Im no fact checker but this seems as legit as source as I'm willing to dig the depths of the internet to find

https://press.un.org/en/2023/db23101...20the%20rubble.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by duaner View Post
    Except that a bit more context is needed. The year 2014 should be excluded. It was the last time there was a war between the two; again started by Hamas--kidnapping and killing three Israeli teenagers. Getting rid of the numbers for that year, the total Palestinian deaths stands at 948 and for Israel at 220.

Again, context. It is official Israeli policy to try and avoid civilian casualties, but they are obviously inevitable in war. That isn't to say some in the IDF haven't purposely killed Palestinians, because some very likely have. It is, however, official Hamas policy, obviously, that targeting civilians is okay, because they want the extermination of the Jews, not just the land they live on. That makes all the difference.
    How is excluding one of the major conflicts adding context? It's terrible that the Hamas kidnapped the teenagers. That doesn't mean the ~700 Palestinian deaths you mentioned don't count for anything.

As for your second point.. I mean policy is great. My official policy is to be the same weight and athleticism as I was when I was 20. Ask me how thats going.

The 700 Palestinians killed wouldn't be dead if it wasn't for Hamas' actions in the first place.

War crimes and civilian collateral casualties, in particular with how Hamas uses every opportunity to put its own people at risk, are two completely different things. From all I've seen, read, and heard, Israel has never deliberately targeted civilians, people who weren't involved in a direct way in attacking Israel.

Israel is a nation of only 9 million people. Only 2/3 of whom are actually Jews. There are only about 15 million Jews world wide now.

Egypt - over 110 million. Iran 90 million. Iraq 40 million. Saudi 35 million. Yemen 30 million. Syria 17 million. Jordan 10 million. UAE 10 million. Palestine/Gaza/West Bank 5 million. Lebanon 7 million.

Just with Gaza and Lebanon on the North/South flanks, Israel/Jews are in effect outnumbered 2 to 1. Then factor in the 340 million other Arab countries who have all at one time or another sworn to destroy Israel and all of the Jewish people. Having to fight 4 MAJOR conflicts against armies arrayed against you with the stated goal to kill ALL of you, and all while being outnumbered by 40 to 1....

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Quote Originally Posted by Gman.45 View Post
    War crimes and civilian collateral casualties, in particular with how Hamas uses every opportunity to put its own people at risk, are two completely different things. From all I've seen, read, and heard, Israel has never deliberately targeted civilians, people who weren't involved in a direct way in attacking Israel.

Israel is a nation of only 9 million people. Only 2/3 of whom are actually Jews. There are only about 15 million Jews world wide now.

Egypt - over 110 million. Iran 90 million. Iraq 40 million. Saudi 35 million. Yemen 30 million. Syria 17 million. Jordan 10 million. UAE 10 million. Palestine/Gaza/West Bank 5 million. Lebanon 7 million.

Just with Gaza and Lebanon on the North/South flanks, Israel/Jews are in effect outnumbered 2 to 1. Then factor in the 340 million other Arab countries who have all at one time or another sworn to destroy Israel and all of the Jewish people. Having to fight 4 MAJOR conflicts against armies arrayed against you with the stated goal to kill ALL of you, and all while being outnumbered by 40 to 1....
    As suntan said.. It's all Britains fault

As suntan said.. It's all Britains fault
    Dodgy buggers.

Quote Originally Posted by WongYue View Post
    OoOoOoO! Who's alt are you?

Are you talking immediately?
    Israel is still one of the most advanced armies in the world and would continue to dominate the area for the foreseeable future.
    Now, how would they fare in ~15, 20, 30 years with no support is another story.

That said, the US (and the UN) would never leave Israel alone as the entire region would become de-stabilized.

Page 24 of 84 FirstFirst ... 14 23 24 25 34 ... LastLast