Quantcast
Home Insurance - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Home Insurance

My Ride
    a tank

I can briefly comment on TD auto insurance. after 19 years of accident free I was finally rear ended 2 months ago. After the other party originally wanting to deal under the table found out how expensive it was to fix a Lexus they decided to go thru insurance. my TD adjuster contacted me and warn me that TD will not pay for OEM parts (unless that is the only part available on the market). And personally since I have not had an accident for nearly 2 decades., I finally found out that things has changed since. Auto insurance company no longer can go after the other parties' insurance company. They are now following the same policy as Ontario where you deal directly with your own insurance, while the other party their premiums will go up due to the being at fault and becoming a high risk driver, your own repairs will be done at the mercy of your auto insurance and what they cover or not.
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    Subaru Outback

Quote Originally Posted by SilverRex View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can briefly comment on TD auto insurance. after 19 years of accident free I was finally rear ended 2 months ago. After the other party originally wanting to deal under the table found out how expensive it was to fix a Lexus they decided to go thru insurance. my TD adjuster contacted me and warn me that TD will not pay for OEM parts (unless that is the only part available on the market). And personally since I have not had an accident for nearly 2 decades., I finally found out that things has changed since. Auto insurance company no longer can go after the other parties' insurance company. They are now following the same policy as Ontario where you deal directly with your own insurance, while the other party their premiums will go up due to the being at fault and becoming a high risk driver, your own repairs will be done at the mercy of your auto insurance and what they cover or not.
    Interesting. Well if TD is no longer paying for OEM parts, I'm not sure I see the value in paying the higher premiums.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Yea my last claim was a while ago so perhaps not applicable. Like back in 2018
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    *The First*

TD just sent a REGISTERED LETTER to my house, hand delivered and signature required. It said "We require additional information for your policy #_____. You need to phone us right away to deal with this."

This is a lie.
    There is no missing information. They just tried to sell me an extra $56 of insurance for water damage that doesn't come from flood, ice damming or sewer back-up. Magic rain that never hit the ground but somehow gets in your house through doors, windows or roof.

It's time to leave earth...

My Ride
    Cayman

I receive an email from Porsche Canada advertising their preferred insurance partner AON Canada and I called them for a quote and their price though Economical seems highly competitive as its $1400 cheaper than what I paid in 2023.

I will compare my intact renewal when the paper work arrives in the next few days.

AON is who my employer uses for their business and fleet insurance
    Last edited by Proyecto2000; 11-21-2023 at 05:57 PM.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    TD just sent a REGISTERED LETTER to my house, hand delivered and signature required. It said "We require additional information for your policy #_____. You need to phone us right away to deal with this."

This is a lie.
    There is no missing information. They just tried to sell me an extra $56 of insurance for water damage that doesn't come from flood, ice damming or sewer back-up. Magic rain that never hit the ground but somehow gets in your house through doors, windows or roof.

They did this to us, to have us call for them to increase our yearly by $200. Absolute horseshit and completely rate optimizing us. And when i told them i would be shopping, was informed they would be charging me a cancellation fee.. after raising our rates w/ no agreement.

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

This is a lie.

Sadly I experienced damage that would have been covered by that and would have saved me $5000 in repairs (window leaking into wall). When I called TD to see if I was covered they said I'm covered for flooding only, what a boot in the berries.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by Swank View Post
    Sadly I experienced damage that would have been covered by that and would have saved me $5000 in repairs (window leaking into wall). When I called TD to see if I was covered they said I'm covered for flooding only, what a boot in the berries.
    They told me they do not offer flood insurance. At least they are consistent.
    ... In their inconsistency...

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

They told me they do not offer flood insurance. At least they are consistent.
    ... In their inconsistency...
    Flood is different than overland water which is different than ground water and all three can be defined differently by different underwriting companies. Clear as mud?
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3