Quantcast
Auto Insurance Experts: Dashcams - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Auto Insurance Experts: Dashcams

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

I don't have a great one but honestly I would use it to show / corroborate my side of the story. I.E. I didn't cut into a lane and get cut off. I wasn't too close to the guy in front. No I was in my lane and the guy turned into me. I don't need the plate or any super high details.

It was helpful the one time that my STI got hit by a pipe. Couldn't make out the truck or anything but it showed me driving along and BAM a loud noise.
    Cos...

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks there CSI. This rarely happens in practice. Adjusters take the easy path and just deem fault one after another in a multi crash situation all the time regardless of witness statements.
    Insurers have to abide by FDRs (Fault Determination Rules). You can look them up yourself. Each Province has their own. The middle and front vehicle is Not at Fault for the specific scenario in the majority of cases unless as I stated the Middle vehicle hit the front vehicle first. This especially important if there are any bodily injuries in the front vehicle. BI adjusters will do their own investigation as well. Adjusters better have good reason to rate a middle vehicle at fault in a chain reaction incidents. The adjuster better have notes in the file to explain why. Quality Management reviews will review adjuster files so there better not be a pattern of just willy nilly assigning fault how they want that does not abide to the FDRs and careful consideration of all statements and independent evidence. Clients can easily dispute and escalate the matter to the adjuster's supervisor, Claims resolution team, to the ombudsman. So everyone should get educated of the rules themselves so you don't get screwed.
    --> https://kings-printer.alberta.ca/126...=9780779825189

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2