Quantcast
Bad Airbnb experience? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Bad Airbnb experience?

Default Bad Airbnb experience?

I sold my home and awaiting my new place to finish up construction. I booked an Airbnb for 3 or under months for my mom and I stay here occasionally to keep her company.

It has not been a smooth Airbnb experience. We had to wait in the lobby for the host to buzz us in for almost an hour. We we got here the parkade pass was missing for the underground parking so my mom who is 72 had to park outside for 4 days until they ordered a new one. The freezer door was damaged and didn't close right so my mother couldn't store her food for a few days until someone came to fix it.
    Now the Telus internet has been down for 6 days and counting meaning no tv or internet. Mom just emptied the dryer lint and it was filthy, like it's never been cleaned. I would assume that it's a fire hazard.

I'd hate to move her again and go through all that hassle. This was supposed to be a new building and it's not exactly cheap.

Has anyone experienced this before and what resolution came of it?

Your going to find airbnb customer service to be the worst. Any communication for issues with the host should be done via your account otherwise host can claim there were no issues reported.

Sounds like you have a shitty host and should jump ship.

I realized when I had a bad experience with airbnb that they are not worth using if things go sideways as their the worst company in the world to deal with.

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

If you decide to move again. Have you tried asking any of the Hotels for the monthly rates? Or negotiating a deal? It might be worth just asking if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by tonytiger55 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you decide to move again. Have you tried asking any of the Hotels for the monthly rates? Or negotiating a deal? It might be worth just asking if you do.
    Thought about a hotel but my mom is old school. She likes to cook etc. She also looks after my dog when I'm at work so that won't work well but decent suggestion

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gwill View Post
    Your going to find airbnb customer service to be the worst. Any communication for issues with the host should be done via your account otherwise host can claim there were no issues reported.

Sounds like you have a shitty host and should jump ship.

I realized when I had a bad experience with airbnb that they are not worth using if things go sideways as their the worst company in the world to deal with.
    Is there any recourse? Like a refund? I'm assuming it needs to be negotiated with the host. I could leave a bad a review but that does not help me

Some hotels offer Kitchenettes. Also Calgary has a few Executive Suite rental options. I've never used one personally but work has set people up in a few https://premieresuites.com/furnished...lgary/solaire/

Quote Originally Posted by jabjab View Post
    Thought about a hotel but my mom is old school. She likes to cook etc. She also looks after my dog when I'm at work so that won't work well but decent suggestion

- - - Updated - - -

Is there any recourse? Like a refund? I'm assuming it needs to be negotiated with the host. I could leave a bad a review but that does not help me
    Air bnb can help with refunds or finding an alternative options. Problem arises if the host is difficult hence documenting everything within the app/website.

You've got bigger problems then I had so maybe you'll have better luck with a resolution.

From all I read online a good host really really dislikes a negative review. If your host is doing this long term they should be trying to avoid that.

I think I'm going to try to find a resolution with the host. Finding another place might be an entirely different headache and who knows if issues will arise at different place. Moving in itself is a pain in the ass and having to manage a 72 year in this process mkaes it worse. It's only 3 months or under so just gotta make it work

My Ride
    TRD Pro

International Hotel/Apartments downtown has full kitchens...

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

Quote Originally Posted by R-Audi View Post
    International Hotel/Apartments downtown has full kitchens...
    My wife's colleague actually lives there and seems to like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm generally cute.